New Paypal box

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

New Paypal box

Postby Curulan » June 19th, 2009, 3:14 pm

I feel this deserves it's own announcement, so bear with me here folks.

After years of debate, I've finally put up a PayPal Donations box on the portal page. For many years now, I've taken care of all costs involved in keeping this site running since we moved from ezboard. I've never had to worry about the costs -- our host is pretty cheap and I try to use as much free tech as I can -- and I've always felt that asking for money was tantamount with "stealing" from the community. However, times and situations change.

In the past few months, I've recently become unemployed and I will be going back to school full time in the fall. This means I will have little to no income. Many people over the years have suggested that I accept some form of donations for the work I've done with the site or we try to do something to bring in income (we worked on getting a Cafepress account to sell shirts, mugs, mousepads, etc., for a long time before the idea eventually got abandoned due to lack of momentum).

If you go to the board portal, towards the bottom you will see the box for PayPal donations. Any amount will be appreciated. Donations are optional and will always be. I don't believe in charging for this kind of community.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Re: New Paypal box

Postby Da_PAB » June 21st, 2009, 9:18 pm

This is a good idea man i mean we are all a clan y should you have to put out by yourself Ive been a Titan for the longest time and as always ill be glad to help out, thank you for everything you do here curu
BLADELIGHT(DAPAB)
Thanks Toki for the sig thanks killa for asking toki to make the sig hahah
men are like bank accounts if they don't have money the don't get any interest
Da_PAB
Unofficial Rankfund Helper

Re: New Paypal box

Postby Curulan » September 15th, 2009, 6:22 pm

Just wanted to post that I have received two generous donations from someone (one back in June, another just now). Thanks a lot! If you'd like me to recognize you on here, send me an email with your forum/account name, because I'm not about to assume to post your real name without your permission. :)
Curulan
Clan Leader

Return to Golden Griffon