The Reincarnation/Archmage!

Play a game other than DC? Talk about it here.

The Reincarnation/Archmage!

Postby Scorchas » July 30th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Hi:

Check this, if you haven't played it before.

http://www.the-reincarnation.com/

Slan...

Scorchas.
Scorchas
Clan Member

Postby Scorchas » July 30th, 2006, 10:11 pm

this has just been re-set. the blitz and the apprentice servers!

i prefer to play as nether, because you can turn the inhabitants of your empire into zombies. watch out for the whites though!

i would get in now...if not, you might not be able to become very strong; people attack you all the time. you can also have guilds...maybe another place for clan titan! there is guild wars...which can be very entertaining...especially if you have four or five enemy guild members blasting you with meteors, or plagues. :D

slaqn...

Scorchas.
Scorchas
Clan Member

Postby dedman » July 30th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Is this the original archmage? Pre-hacked to death? AWESOME!!!!!!!

Quick advice:

1. Get a big army fast, everything else is second
2. Make sure you can cover long duration spells before you cast them or get overloaded and watch your army go *poof* and 50 people rush in to pick your bones clean.
3. First time player? Avoid the blitz server like the plague, don't ask, just trust me on this one.
This one came from looking
This one opened twice
These two seem as smooth as silk, flush againt my eyes
This one needed stiches and
This one came from rings
This one isn't even there, but I feel it more because you don't care
dedman
Clan Member

Postby Scorchas » July 31st, 2006, 12:41 am

i always try to research first. never worry about fighting, or land grabs. research...then build your army! and always have plenty of nodes...without them your magic wont generate fast enough.
Scorchas
Clan Member

Postby dedman » July 31st, 2006, 1:15 am

I'm going to defend a point here if I may. To each their own playstyle but this is what I learned the hard way:

Research can be completed while doing other things, like building an army, just stay defensive and build when you have to, land is good, the ability to keep it is better. I don't know how many times exploration put me on the top dogs radar and cost me more then I gained. If you go for land, make sure you use every little bit before going after more, open land gets you killed quick and duration spells run out at inopportune times for you to log on.

Again, just my style, but I remember when this game was new, I thought it lost forever when it was hacked past the point of repair and was very sorry to lose my hoarde of nasty unde(a)d things I was happily pillaging with...
This one opened twice
This one came from rings
dedman
Clan Member

Postby Scorchas » July 31st, 2006, 10:12 am

Maybe you played it longer than I...I only played it on two occasions. What guild were you in? You ever heard of, "The Covenant?"

I don't even bother exploring...or fighting...all my turns go on research until I am completely finished. Anyone who attacks me, I list them, and get back to them later. When my research is complete then I start to build, and explore, and fight. I build loads of fortress', barriers and nodes. a few farms and villages also.
Scorchas
Clan Member

Postby dedman » July 31st, 2006, 8:52 pm

Heh, I went guildless to be honest, they had a 2 ally max rule back then and I was anti-social, my second try on blitz had me casting spells that built my army past what entire alliances had access too :twisted: So I just took over when I needed land, it sounds harsh but it's how things tend to get done on that game, armageddon was what stopped me from ranking top 5 before the original servers went boom :/ that spell needs serious help...

One other tip I should mention, if your going to spell hoarde (learn multiple types/elements) learn all of your own good stuff first and build up, there is no reason to learn other specialties if its going to take away from what you do best, and building up will get you past all the little spells in no time anyway, so it all works out :D
This one opened twice
This one came from rings
dedman
Clan Member

Return to Other Games Forum