Hardest Game EVER (And most fun; Super Challenge World)

Play a game other than DC? Talk about it here.

Hardest Game EVER (And most fun; Super Challenge World)

Postby zipcat » August 8th, 2007, 12:35 am

Ok, this is Super Challenge World. It's a remake of Mario; just like my last game post. Only this one is better. The last two were semi-hard, this one is super hard. I'm not saying you can't beat it, but if you have a habit of getting mad at your games when you have to throw a Yoshie through a one block hole you might want to turn up your music.

Of course it's not all puzzles, but it has amazingly long levels. In Super Mario World I'm sure we're all guilty of flying through a level once or twice. Well, you can't do that anymore. In fact there are only mushrooms in the first land. This game is so challenging that I haven't been able to beat a single level without at least one save state.

I was stuck here forever and had to jump through that stupid hole and again and over that thing and then, with the spring, go through that stupid annoying one block hole up there where I can't jump from the ledge With that stupid spring in my hand. Why I don't know, but I hadn't used it yet so I figured, Hey, maybe it's for later on in the level. So I tried, hard, backed up a thousand times to save time instead of jumping around...

And then!

I'm here now. How I'm supposed to spin with an item in my hand to break these blocks in such a tight spot I don't know, but I'll figure it out. I better. Otherwise.. well...

Here's another shot;

These are a couple of small shots. They don't show much, but.. Meh. I want to go back to playing so I just took a few. I'll get ones that show the game better soon, I promise.

James just showed me the rewind key for it too. I'm so going to be forced to abuse it.

Um. Well, the game is great and probably The best Mario game EVER. Including the original.

Here's an example of some of a very puzzle filled level (Warning; spoilers)

Plateau House

This is a great example of how you need to be able to use a few 'kinks' of the game; such as when you accidentally fly spinning instead of the normal way.

In order to get this you need this Lunar ISP Patch Adapter thing, the patch file, and the original Super Mario World rom. OR! You can IM me and I'll send you the game file already fixed up and ready to play.

Just don't get too mad; he's just trying to save power eggs.

Also, Mario Fans; if you haven't seen the YouTube video called "Mario Frustration," you just have to ask or look. (Warning; poor language)

I'll go back to playing now.

Edit: HAH! I got through those stupid spin-break-block-things with the spring! Yay! No idea why I need it yet. Still; Yes!!!
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 8th, 2007, 1:19 am

It's pretty darn fun. :O
James
RP Councillor

Return to Other Games Forum