Name Your Favorite... & Holiday Poll

Request a custom signature, show off your own artwork, post your photos, or take a poll on an important issue here.

What's your favorite Holiday?

Poll ended at January 27th, 2007, 1:10 pm

Christmas or other winter holiday
33%
Thanksgiving
8%
Valentine's Day (Aka- Single Awareness Day)
No votes
New Year's Day
8%
St. Patrick's Day
8%
Independance Day
8%
Halloween
17%
Other
17%

Total votes : 12

Name Your Favorite... & Holiday Poll

Postby jadewik » December 28th, 2006, 1:10 pm

Name your favorite gift you recieved this holiday season. Name your favorite moment from this holiday season. Name something you gave that someone liked.
... and just to be different...
Name your least favorite for the same things.

I'll go first.

Favorite Gift- Season 1 of Supernatural *swoon* My husband gave it to me and I LOVE the show.

Favorite Moment- Snuggling with my husband in front of the TV while watching Supernatural. Nothing like a good excuse to pretend to be scared.

Gift to Give- I liked the fact that the present I gave my nephew (even if I wasn't there to see him open it) was the one he played with allllll afternoon. It was this kid toy with balls you hammer through holes and it rolls down a ramp. I totally want one!

Least favorite gift- My "satan" grandparents got me and my husband towels with our names embroidered on them. They match nothing I own... and it's a repeat gift from 5-6 years ago (I still have the red towel I got last time). Granted, I'll use the towels and I like 'em (sure beats the candybar they gave me one year)... but... you ever have those one relatives whom you'd rather get nothing from?

Least favorite moment- When my husband's nieces showed up. I lost all hearing in my right ear from screaming kids. Yes, they're THAT loud.

Least favorite gift to give- I like to give, but the reaction from my husband's brother really irked me. My husband and I bought him a sushi set made out of Koa wood from Hawaii. He seemed disappointed, frowned, and rolled his eyes. Hrmf.

Anyway... overall, it was okay for a Christmas. I don't really like the holiday, but it was fun.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby zipcat » December 28th, 2006, 2:21 pm

Oh this will be fun.

Favorite Gift: Me and a few friends traded hand-made pop out cards. The ones I got are so cute.

Favorite Moment: I got a letter from my best friend, and one I haven't seen in months. Now we're pen palls threw emails.

Gift to give: I made a teddy bear for my niece. She loves it.

Least favorite gift: My niece found used wrapping paper, and put a handful of her oatmeal in it... I guess it's the thought that counts. She knows I love food.

Least favorite moment: Eh... I'll keep that personal.

Least favorite thing to give: Everyone liked what I gave them, a lot, I only wish I would have been able to give more.

I don't like Christmas at all... and I'd vote for Halloween, but I can't seam to vote at the moment. Probably my connection.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Hallia » December 28th, 2006, 11:11 pm

Favorite gift: Final Fantasy XII

Favorite Moment: Getting a new cashmere scarf in the mail from my college boy after my cats killed mine

Favorite Gift to Give: Anything I gave to my little 1 year old cousin, she craweld into one of the giant gift bags. It was soo cute and a great photo opportunity.

Least Favorite Gift: I got an ipod cover that 1.) I didn't like and 2.) Didn't fit my nano

Least Favorite Moment: My mom's car dying on the way to the trail of lights

Least Favorite thing to Give: I don't know, I love giving gifts

I love Christmas, it's definately my favorite holiday. Not like Corporate America Christmas but a real Christmas. I love reading Luke 2 and sitting by the fire.

"A woman is like a teabag, you can never tell how strong she is untill you put her in hot water" -Elenor Roosevelt
Hallia

Postby Agustus » December 29th, 2006, 3:45 am

well this year was really bad as my family was falling apart ever since my pops died. The oldest sister who has become estranged to us(she hardly comes home) cooked dinner(strange) and started cooking at around noon my second sister was ticked off cuz 1: we cook dinner around 3 pm and 2: its usually her me and my mom doing this (me having a minor roll but a roll none the less) and we usually eat around midnight as we open presents, SO... we ate a cold dinner at midnight(my second sister was ticked....

another problem between my second sister and our older brother, we come home from really late x-mas shopping and the door to the house is locked... i know i have a key to open it, the problem was that he doesnt lock that lock he locks the top lock aswell as puts on the little latch that wont allow the door to open period... again she was really ticked.... as he open the door i heard a slur of words which i am accustumed to hearing but only toward myself(im usually the one that fights with my second sister big surprise this year we didnt fight what so ever... *sigh* which is either a good thing or a bad thing considering what happened with the other two >_<

ok now down to likes and dislikes :-\

Favorite gift: i dont really care much about this at least now since i have all that ive wanted... but id have to say all three of my gifts two books from Koontz (i now have the Odd Thomas series) and FFxii

favorite moment:... well after all that trouble id have to say spending time with my sis(we didnt fight what so ever so im happy about that)

Favorite gift to give: well that is a problem as i had no idea what to give anyone... so i ended up giving my eldest sis a gift card, my second sis something for her kitchen and my mom the same thign... as for my brother... i couldnt get him anything... he is the most difficult to give anything too...

Least favorite gift: dont really have one as those gifts i recieved were all that i got so im cool :-\

least favorite moment: Dinner... no talking, Food was cold and everyone was pissed off at each other except me and my mom who were just making sure things didnt get out of hand

least favorite gift: giving nothing as there was nothing i could get my bro...

anyway i do like this holiday... just not as much as i used to when i was young... id rather enjoy the 4th of july as i get to play with Fire Image
*goes back to reading the Odd Thomas books*
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby Zuka Zamamee » December 29th, 2006, 12:38 pm

Independence day, hands down. I get to play with fire and explosives and nobody complains.

:p

As for this Christmas season...eh, it wasn't the best, and it wasn't the worst.

Favorite gift: *chuckles* I like my gift, but I'll say the next best one. The entire Vampire Chronicles along with Eldest, A Storm of Swords, A Clash of Kings, and twelves Tom Clancy books.

Favorite moment: being able to talk to friends (and that special someone) on YIM/AIM

Favorite gift to give: friendship...its free, and it lasts a long time.

Least favorite gift: probably my Led Zeppelin sweater...yes, I <333 Led Zeppelin, but the thing is four sizes too small for me.

least favorite moment: parents got into an arguement and began to threaten each other (dad's a former Marine...thats the scary part)
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Curulan » December 29th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Moving this to the Gallery... because only Admins can post or vote in Polls in the GG. ;)

And my answers:

Favorite Gift: My iPod.
Favorite Gift Given: I gave my brother-in-law a CD collection of Oktoberfest music and Bavarian Folk Songs.
Least Favorite Gift: Clothing. I have enough of that.
Favorite Moment: None, because I'm bloody single and don't have anyone other than my immediate family to share anything with.
Least Favorite Moment: I cannot post this publicly, as the people involved are aware of this site and might "accidentally" read this.
Least Favorite Gift to Give: I really don't know.
Curulan
Clan Leader

re:

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2006, 7:33 pm

Favorite Gift: My iPod too!! *laughs*
Favorite Gift Given: ahhmmmm... perfume???
Least Favorite Gift: hanky..
Favorite Moment: oohhhh yeeahhhh!!! mah 'baby' back to me!!!
Least Favorite Moment: aahhmm..not really xur...
Least Favorite Gift to Give: I really don't know too..

re:

Postby Xartamal » December 29th, 2006, 7:42 pm

hey! i posted that last reply..

.::SIRE XARTAMAL::.
"Immortal Fire of Titan"

Former Rank Fund Officer of Titan
Former Supply Assnt.
Former Regent of DC
Xartamal
Clan Member

Postby bow4lyf » December 29th, 2006, 10:00 pm

CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

Favorite Gift: A PS3.

Favorite Moment: The fireworks.

Gift to give: I'd say Detto The Dinosaur i sewed for my lil couz.

Least favorite gift: Box of chocolates.

Least favorite moment: When the chinese dealers run outta fireworks.

Least favorite thing to give: Sumthing thats bought carelessly at the last moment. It says "no significant meaning!".
Image <---- Say "Hi" to Phillip! ^^
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Ominous » December 30th, 2006, 8:18 pm

I'm a fan of New Year's, simply due to the virtue that so many people are afraid the Apocalypse will come at 12:00AM EST precisely. Let's talk about how that makes no sense by virtue of not only time zones, but the fact that the sidereal day actually dictates the "year," but the solar day is used by the virtue that it's more convenient.

Favorite Gift: A bomber jacket.

Favorite Moment: *Shrug*

Favorite Gift Given: Giant reproduction 19th century coat hooks, to my brother.

Least Favorite Gift: Can't be picky!

Least Favorite Moment: *Shrug again*

Least Favorite Gift Given: Chocolate, simply by the virtue that it's so good it's evil.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Tarathilien » December 31st, 2006, 10:33 am

I enjoyed reading the other posts and regret I'm not able to post more, but I'll offer this:

Least Favorite Gift: Like Jade I received a Snickers candybar from my inlaws one year. Even though I love Snickers, they gave my wife a Gameboy Color...

Most Favorite Gift: The 24 count box of Snickers I got from my cousin up north (anyone ever heard of "Garden Fresh Salsa"? Owner's my cousin so I guess he's got the $$$ to buy me the candy b/c it's the only time I've ever had more than one bar on me at a time).

And don't forget the socks and underwear we all get from our grandparents we hardly ever see!
Tarathilien
Clan Member

Postby zipcat » January 2nd, 2007, 3:49 pm

Thanks for moving it, Curu, I didn't know that.

I'm glad that it looks like most of you had fun, and I hope that those of you who didn't get to do something fun soon.

Oh! I just got... Sixteen pounds of chocolate. I'm so happy.

(Yes.. I weighed it.)
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby bow4lyf » January 2nd, 2007, 6:16 pm

as in.. pure chocolate? :shock:
Image <---- Say "Hi" to Phillip! ^^
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Zuka Zamamee » January 2nd, 2007, 7:10 pm

*Gives zip several cargoships' worth of chocolate*

>.>
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby zipcat » January 7th, 2007, 2:52 pm

Most of it is a pure block of chocolate, yes.

Then there's a box full of my favorite chocolate bar.

But the holiday break is almost over. I'll be most happy to go back to school.
zipcat
Clan Member

Return to Titan Art Gallery & Polling Place