Newbie/Starter Package

Have a gripe? Suggestion? Displeased with something? Then enter into the hall and give the High Council insight.

Newbie/Starter Package

Postby Cheshire » January 29th, 2007, 4:22 am

Idea orginally posted here

But I think it is time we start this, we really could use new members..

In a nutshell:

Prospective member (newbie) give verbal commitment to joining Titan but because character is so young, it can't enter the castle yet to join Titan. We send about:

10 Castle Permits
$100k Marks
20 oils and
1 unicorn pendent

The castle permits will allow the character to enter the castle to send/recieve mail, join titan and eventually to get into the castle. $100k Marks for access storage (which is relativly expensive in the early stages), pay to join Titan and for mail. 20 oils incase the person gets a silver, crystal or a high stat. Finallyt he unicorn pendent so once the character reaches level 15, it can enter the castle without having to deal with the guard.

Why all of this? This will facilitate the character to join Titan and rank up not to mention, as an incentive to join Titan.

Now, what i need from you all is: ideas/comments, volunteers to (1) spread the word about this and (2) to help send these packages out and finally (3) donations (mainly unicorn horns OR unicorn pendents).

So who's with me!
*DC Name: Cheshire3 (send all mail & packages there)*

(Personal List Records)
Fame: #6 - 30k (2/22/09)
Skill: #4 - 23k (12/12/08)
Guild: #6 (2/15/10)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby Tarathilien » January 29th, 2007, 10:26 pm

Me. Like before....
Tarathilien
Clan Member

Postby bow4lyf » January 30th, 2007, 12:44 am

Im with you, but I also have another suggestion to add to the list. We can ask the user to post their stats of weapons and their level so that we can send them a little upgrade or just starter weapons. But of course this will require a decent amout of donation. The pro to this side is that it will help the user to get to level 15 earlier.
Image <---- Say "Hi" to Phillip! ^^
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » January 30th, 2007, 8:05 pm

Not a bad idea, Bow. I've seen some people have interest in donating items that are a tad below the current cut-offs for the clan Armory, so this could give them a way to "give back" to the clan as well.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Cheshire » January 30th, 2007, 10:25 pm

I would be against "standardizing" that as part of the clan services because the armory is hard enough keeping everything "in order" and having to worry about a whole other set of stuff... yea....

Plus, why would we want to upgrade someone who isn't in our clan yet? I'd say having armory open to members only gives them more reason to join our clan.

(Personal List Records)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby bow4lyf » February 1st, 2007, 2:23 am

I agree with you Chesh, but what I was suggesting could very well act as a "catalyst" in getting more people to join our clan.
Image <---- Say "Hi" to Phillip! ^^
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Joe » February 1st, 2007, 3:40 am

well, I don't see it as a big deal to upgrade someone not in our clan, especially if they are at such a low level, the upgrade will be slight. and it is good to be able to say to someone, hey, we care enough to do something even before you join, cause we're nice. those are the people that they'll remember and they'll want to join their clan. it's just the way things work. we don't need to worry about getting people to join our clan for the power. we've got that. we need to worry about people joining our clan because they like the people here and want to stay, out of loyalty to the friends they will meet, not from greed of the power they'll get.

however, this would be hard to implement as an actual policy to have that kind of armor onhand as hard as the armory is to keep updated. instead, my suggestion is this. everyone on the boards here who plays dc, because you are nice people and you like your clan, keep a bit of extra low level gear on you that might be good for a newbie. maybe keep an extra unicorn pendant on you as well. and we all know once you get high enough marks aren't hard to come by. so you, each and every one of you, from time to time, just volunteer your time, in no official maner, just to check the dc forums for people who are looking for some help and say hey, I'll toss you some gear and this pendent. tell them how to petition the queen, say, I'm from titan, stop by our boards sometime if you want, we're good people.

what we need as a clan isn't some great organized thing that one or two people oversees, we just need our members to get out there everyonce in awhile and show our faces and be nice about it, because I honestly believe we are good people here, we can show everyone else that in little ways, just by passing along our good fortune at being in such a great clan.

and hey, if you want to take it a step further, maybe we can even set up some care packages for people who want to be volunteers to pass them out. spread them out amongst characters so that everyone has some to pass out when they get the chance. we can start a new "titan elite" we're elite not because our stats are the best, but because we are. our members can start surfing the dc forums more and be the first to answer questions, the first to offer help. we don't have to be high council or even titan officers to do it, just members of a clan, of a community, who want to see it grow.

that's all

Joe
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Agustus » February 1st, 2007, 3:47 am

i agree with joe
if we do it in such a manner it kinda takes out the whole point of it. i mean back in the day i did that alot when i posted contests or helped people out i gave em sutff and mentioned i was in titan or other clans i was back then...
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby Cheshire » February 1st, 2007, 3:50 am

here, here

And i like the idea of having de-centralized so anyone could help out. I have in my storage over 100 unicorn pendants which i could spread out so we can send to people.

(Personal List Records)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby opau15 » April 2nd, 2007, 2:15 am

my 2 cents: doesn´t the unicorn pendent wear off after some time?
wouldn´t it be better to give away a unicornhorn? to be sure the newbie can get the univorn pendent himself when he/she need it?
opau15
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » April 2nd, 2007, 8:11 am

That could work, I suppose... The idea was so that they wouldn't have to make it themselves.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Cheshire » April 2nd, 2007, 11:41 am

wear off? I havn't heard that...
Cheshire
RP Councillor

titan incentive?

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2007, 9:09 pm

How do I receive this incentive to join Titan? my characters are amsisneroz and amsisneroz2

Return to Suggestions and Issues