A Challange from SOIA

This forum is for general conversation involving Titan's flagship game, Dragon Court.

A Challange from SOIA

Postby Curulan » June 13th, 2008, 12:19 pm

I have recently received the following PM:

james11122 wrote:I am trying to test the waters about the possibility of a cross clan competition, involving the top 3 clans of DC (W&W, SOIA, and TITAN). The contest would be a character creation one, where people involved would create new characters, take a screen shot of their freshly made chracter, post it, and play to age 27. With the winner being the person with the highest lvl/guts/wits/charm/skill. We have some things to work on to figure out exactly how we are going to do it if we are going to make it work though. Will it be all members from either clan allowed to participate? Will it be a team from each clan? I'm thinking because it will have to be on the honor system it should be respected members of the community from each clan forming a team (maybe 5 per team?) but it is is looking promising. The things the clan leaders and organizers would have to work on would be things like prizes, when would it happen, and we would need the exact formula to determine a winner as well. Would it be lvl over guts over wits over skill? Would it be....? Well there are a few things to work out. But it would breath some energy into the clans I think.

What does Titan think?

As to scoring, I would think that the X-Factor system Titan uses is a fair meter of overall achievement.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Ominous » June 13th, 2008, 12:38 pm

Maybe a team of 5 people could work together on a strategy for how to maximize the character's stats and they'd have to be on a rotation, IE, each day of questing is played by the next person in the rotation. I think the X-Factor system would work, but take out the guilds factored in.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby zipcat » June 15th, 2008, 11:28 am

I think james11122 cares too much about competition and we don't have anything to prove to him. Life in the clans doesn't seam to be his main goal.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby james11122 » June 15th, 2008, 5:42 pm

:?: Where did that come from? I just want to try and get some activity back in DC by having a cross-clan game. You guys by no means need to "prove" anything. You don't even have to participate, it was just a suggestion. :?:
[CENTER]Image

872s cap esfs
1.1k rare kout esfs
91d csb esur
1113s masa esfs
1466s horn es

29/5/2008- Top 24 skill list, 17th place[/CENTER]
james11122

Postby zipcat » June 16th, 2008, 12:39 pm

My opinion, nothing else, and I'm sorry if it was offensive.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby jadewik » June 16th, 2008, 8:26 pm

My main question is "Do we have 5 'respected' Titans who can actively play a character daily for a month?" In all honesty, I don't believe we have that many people who would be willing to devote a month's time to accomplish new character development.

Personally, I barely quest the 2-3 characters that I have... it wouldn't make sense for me to create a new character. I've always been more into the RP and politics than the game. The most excitement I've had in DC lately has been coding some new areas and thinking of new items.... but I haven't even done that in a while... and also that gear giving-away thing I've set up last week that probably won't pan out properly because noone reads these forums. (I exaggerate.)

James11122: I like your idea, but I have one suggestion. Rather than having one clan competing against another, why not have teams of 4-5 of mixed clan affiliations participating? This would inspire more inter-clan relations... more people from other clans would know each other. It would also probably increase the response as a lot of people aren't into clan vs. clan competition... then again... it's your show. Run it how you please.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Ominous » June 16th, 2008, 8:31 pm

I like Jade's idea, too. I think if we're doing it we need to have teams of a few people (clan affiliation may or may not matter) to get in enough questing to finish the competition.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Curulan » June 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

Honestly, questing a completely new character takes about 15-20 minutes a day, tops. I believe the limit was one character per entrant.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby jadewik » June 17th, 2008, 1:56 pm

If only I consistently had that much "extra time"...
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Shane of Clan Titan » July 30th, 2008, 8:37 am

I am so with Jade...

Picture was modified by PaRa618
Shane of Clan Titan

Return to Dragon Court Main Forum