Jags and Harpies get on my nerves

This forum is for general conversation involving Titan's flagship game, Dragon Court.

Jags and Harpies get on my nerves

Postby Gametight » December 16th, 2006, 1:09 am

They use up all my sage skills and mezz me when I run out of sage skills. With harpies it only happens some of the time and with jags it happens when I run out of sage skills. I got 436 wits. I can handle physical attacks but you can't dodge mezz. Is stubburn one of our abilities? If I equip some rare armor with stubburn on it will it work on my questing?
Gametight
Clan Member

re:

Postby Xartamal » December 18th, 2006, 9:35 pm

yepz! it's an added ability on your weapon...if you unequip the weapon and lose the ability then it;s on the weapon! -)

.::SIRE XARTAMAL::.
"Immortal Fire of Titan"

Former Rank Fund Officer of Titan
Former Supply Assnt.
Former Regent of DC
Xartamal
Clan Member

Re: Jags and Harpies get on my nerves

Postby Agustus » December 18th, 2006, 11:07 pm

Gametight wrote:They use up all my sage skills and mezz me when I run out of sage skills. With harpies it only happens some of the time and with jags it happens when I run out of sage skills. I got 436 wits. I can handle physical attacks but you can't dodge mezz. Is stubburn one of our abilities? If I equip some rare armor with stubburn on it will it work on my questing?

sorry but we dont have stubborn, that maybe our next ability once we reach the next level
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » December 19th, 2006, 8:50 pm

Actually, Gus... Probably not. Stubborn has a negligible effect at most.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Agustus » December 19th, 2006, 11:08 pm

erk... like i said Maybe"
its a possible one in the least pile.....

*Shrugs*
Agustus
Clan Member

lol thanks for the heads up everyone

Postby Gametight » December 20th, 2006, 6:25 pm

I think I'll spend a couple of days dicing to get my wits up some more. i think that would be a good remedy for those damn jags and harpies since stubbern don't work most of the time
H: 22a 22d -8s Spiked Helm
B: 176d -13s Dragon Scale Jacket
F: 59d 165s Crystal Swift Boots
R: 192a 64s Silver Masamune
L: 90a 36d -12s Crystal Guantlets

If you got an upgrades send me a personal message
Gametight
Clan Member

Postby impaler » December 27th, 2006, 2:36 pm

i was thinking titan had stubborn this whole time..... i have about 785 wits i think. i'm level 33. today i got mezzed by a freakin' harpy with only 185 wits!!!! what's that all about??? i must have gotten mezzed 4 times today. very VERY annoying. i wish titan had stubborn no matter how good it is. something is better than nothing.
kill 'em all! let fred sort 'em out!
impaler
Clan Member

I think

Postby Gametight » December 30th, 2006, 10:36 pm

I'm just gona contiue questing. Quest in Azteca as long as I got sages and fairies and quest in the other spots the rest of the time. Who knows maybe I'll find some Crystal Guantlets or some SSS. And I think the jags got sages to because they dodge backstab and iteasu
Gametight
Clan Member

Postby impaler » December 31st, 2006, 2:36 pm

another thing i've found helpful against getting mezzed is feeding the creatures like the jaguar. if you're not really looking to get any weapons or items from him that is. and it doesn't always take you food of course. today i had a lot of success with that strategy. i also feed that sorry A** anoconda that keeps swallowing my equipment. he takes the food less often than the jaguar it seems. it seemed like when i gave them the chance to leave me alone, but they attacked instead, it was easier to kill them and/or not get mezzed.
impaler
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » December 31st, 2006, 4:26 pm

Jaguars do have Sage. When you see that they "sagaciously avoid" your guild ability, it means they used a Sage guild. Also, carry Faeries when you hunt in Azteca. Jaguars throw you off cliffs when they mesmerize you.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby impaler » January 2nd, 2007, 2:52 pm

today i got 16 more sage skills. (i haven't gotten any guilds in a while) if i could start all over, i'd have gotten just about all sage skills just to avoid getting mezzed. as it is now, i have: 18 sage, 19 berserk, 12 magic, 9 trade (i think). it was so sweet today though questing with all that sage skill that i didn't have before. the priest mezzed me once, but he was cool about it and didn't kill me. sage must not work on him. or maybe sage doesn't work ALL the time?
impaler
Clan Member

Postby Cheshire » January 2nd, 2007, 2:57 pm

Don't stack up on too many sage skills. Once you char becomes strong enough, you'll be able to dodge the mez without having to use a sage or you'll simply be able to attack first and not have to worry about getting mezzed (as much)

My main has 8 sage skills and when i use to quest (lately i was getting back to Sen rank which i had lost) i rarely got mezzed by the jag.
*DC Name: Cheshire3 (send all mail & packages there)*

(Personal List Records)
Fame: #6 - 30k (2/22/09)
Skill: #4 - 23k (12/12/08)
Guild: #6 (2/15/10)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby impaler » January 2nd, 2007, 3:24 pm

what are your wits? right now mine are 786. i used to think that was plenty, but lately, i've been having my butt handed to me. i figured getting those sages was the only thing i could do. i was getting mezzed by creatures with 300 wits and less somtimes. and of course the jag. just getting straight killed is rare with my 655 guts (now). getting those sages seemed like the only thing to do. other than wait forever to get my wits up higher. but how high is high enough to not have to worry so much about it?
impaler
Clan Member

Postby kkiiji » February 9th, 2007, 2:33 pm

wait..if someone tries to mez you and you have sage skills, is it possible to resist the mez and not use up a sage skill? or does it always go to the sage skill first?
kkiiji
Clan Member

Postby Gametight » April 3rd, 2007, 9:48 pm

it always uses the sages first no matter what
H: 22a 22d -8s Spiked Helm
B: 176d -13s Dragon Scale Jacket
F: 59d 165s Crystal Swift Boots
R: 192a 64s Silver Masamune
L: 90a 36d -12s Crystal Guantlets

If you got an upgrades send me a personal message
Gametight
Clan Member