Agreements

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Postby Blythe » September 4th, 2006, 2:49 am

..:: Blythe turned to look at the adolescents, but Milton seamed to already be handling it. That's when Blythe heard Shumpy speak up, again, and not accept his offer to help him. ::..

..:: Blythe did make sense. He knew he did. The half orc was just more stupid than he thought he thought he was. Stupid beast. He had been trying to keep himself calm, to explain himself as well as he could, but the dirty monster just wasn't getting it. The beast just wasn't getting it. All of Blythe's anger at the paladin washed over his face in one moment. He was mad that zip's husband had taken her from him. Mad that her husband was hard to kill. Mad that he couldn't have zip to himself, forever. ::..

..:: Even if he tried to pull all the frustration away, the anger still was rooted in his voice. For being a child, Blythe suddenly sounded very powerful, his expression alone demanding that he be understood and his words accepted. ::..

"We are going to kill Akunosh Inarus, for all he has done. He needs to die, and you will help me, Shumpy. You must help your friend. Because the paladin is strong, I need all the help I can get to kill the man."

..:: His anger cooled, trying to get Shumpy to only think of helping a friend like he had so many times before. ::..

"It's the only way to free her again."
Last edited by Blythe on September 4th, 2006, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet child in time, you'll see the line;
The line that's drawn between good and bad.
See the blind man shooting at the world.
Bullets flying; taking toll.

If you've been bad, (oh) Lord, I bet you have
And you've not been hit, oh, by flying lead
You'd better close your eyes.
O-oh, bow your head.
Wait for the ricochet.
Blythe

Postby Akane » September 4th, 2006, 3:05 am

Akane followed the scent of the wolf around the alleyway but decided not to enter behind him. Instead she walked on past to the next building and around another dark corner before she turned, making sure none were watching her, let herself start to change form. She stopped her change though, just as her claws emerged, and lept onto the side of the building, using the claws to climb up its side and onto the top. Resisting the full moon's urging to turn her all the way, she slipped back into her human form and crept to the edge where she heard a voice, raised just a bit too much in anger ... killing a paladin ... who was very powerful? it was enough to pique Akane's interest. She crept forward just a bit more to continue to eavesdrop on the conversation. A plot to kill a powerful paladin. Only a week in Titan and perhaps she'd already stumbled onto important, and sinister plans.
Akane

Postby James » September 4th, 2006, 3:48 am

Listening to Blythe speak, James realized how angry this vampire was at zipcat's husband. He couldn't help himself from thinking, "But is not this man as close to her as you are?" His expression betrayed that thought, but lightly.

Suddenly, the wolf's hair stood on end. Hearing claws always made that happen to him. Considering turning to the source of the noise, the faintest smell betrayed that it be wise not to turn. James forced himself to calm down. A word he heard when a man saw him turn from wolf to human came into his mind. He leaned over to Milton, and said, "Were..."

Leaving his sentence unfinished, he discovered this was not a werewolf's smell, like his own. It was... different.

His eyes opened a little wider than they normally were, and they switched between looking to his left and looking at Milton a few times.

He did nothing. As he was now, compared to were... were whatevers, James stood no chance.

I attempted to relieve my beastial anxiety by counting the coins I contained in the bag. I discovered there to be a small, finely crafted emerald in there as well. My anxiety was relieved a little.
James
RP Councillor

Postby Feng » September 4th, 2006, 5:35 pm

*The lumbering oaf stood impassive as Blythe rallied some sort of anger charged speech about killing some paladin. Though Blythe seemed to have a newfound force to his voice, it was his words that started to aid his plea for help, and Feng's response came quickly, while it could:*

"Now youse is startin ta make sense, even if youse is blowin yer top ta do it. Last I checked, youse ain't a captain, so be careful who youse order around. If youse keep makin sense I can 'elp, but youse need ta get yer story together first."

*Feng was still trying to figure out what was going on, and who Akunosh Inarus was, and what he did to Zip, as the gray haired teen leaned over to Milton and said, something. The half-orc was already working over something he thought was priority one, so all he could manage was a slightly confused look as he waited for more information.

The alley seemed like a bad place to do business, but it was what is available at the time. Feng was too lost in thought to consider the surroundings though. He thought that Blythe was usualy a little more forthcoming with information and didn't know what to make of that. The half-orc had no clue who this Akunosh was, or what he did to Zip to earn this child's hatred. Most of all, Feng was just worried about his mate, and finding out how to help.*
Dark devotion in a beacon paradise
Shows no emotion to a willing sacrifice
You can put a man on trial, but you can't make the guilty pay
And you can cage an animal, but you can't take away the rage
Feng

Postby Milton » September 4th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Still listening to Blythe, Milton thought it was funny that the boy lost his temper. Yet the boy still hadn't gone against his last words. A mad vampire, how funny.

The lad was still interesting; Milton leaned forward to peer at him closer. The teenager seamed to be full of expressions. Too bad he lacked words though.

He was almost like a pet.

Milton wasn't all sure what the lad meant, or even tried to say. Maybe it was just a question of location cut off. All well.

When the teen looked at him and down to his left over and over though, Milton straightened and glanced down the dark. He didn't see anything.

Whatever it was, the lad seamed to have only panicked to himself. Comforting him, Milton rested a hand on the teen's shoulder and smiled.
Milton

Postby Blythe » September 4th, 2006, 7:12 pm

..:: Blythe was smirking again. At least now the beast was starting to get something. It may not have been enough, but now, Blythe had something to work with. He was still a bit mad, but anger wouldn't help him, and the beast's insult of him not being captain almost made him chuckle. He was suppose to be in charge, and he was, wither the filthy monster liked it or not. ::..

..:: He had to remind himself of what the bea... Shumpy, had done before for him. ::..

"I am in charge, Shumpy, and you can either follow me or leave. I know what is going on, you don't. I know how to solve these problems and help our friend. I know about everything we will need. If you don't follow me on this, then you can go, but if you do, you will do as I tell you to. You will listen to my advice. I will not have any mistakes just because you go out and act on your own."

"It isn't hard to do as I tell you to, and you know that my requests are simple. Important, too. I may not care how long you take to decide, Shumpy, but if you don't soon those who are with me will have to act with me before it's too late."

..:: There was no 'too late' for someone to die, but the sooner, the better. ::..

"Are you with us or not, Shumpy?"

O-oh, bow your head.
Wait for the ricochet.
Blythe

Postby James » September 4th, 2006, 7:40 pm

The boy, angered at himself for not being able to speak right and at Milton for not understanding him, turned and looked for the sound and smell he knew of.

He could not tell where the exact point was, but he looked in the general direction where the were-thing was at.

Out of his mouth escaped a deep, rumbling growl, hoping to scare whatever was there into running off.
James
RP Councillor

Postby Akane » September 5th, 2006, 1:21 pm

Akane edged back just a little when she heard the boy say "were".

She listened a bit more as the vampire continued, saying he was in charge. ... He sounded ... new to this. Perhaps not a boss at all, which made him possibly more dangerous. She needed to gague his power, see just how much of a threat he would be.

Then the wolf boy growled. She could only assume it was at her. She tensed, just a bit more, but still waited.
Akane

Postby James » September 5th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Suddenly, the scent disappeared. James sniffed the air, his hair relaxed as did his muscles and his growl stopped.

I blinked. What was that? I should be immune to my own scent, so... was it me?

James gave up. He was probably tricked by himself or something of that kind. He turned around and looked at the ground to the right and spoke softly the word, "Sorry."
James
RP Councillor

Postby Feng » September 5th, 2006, 6:48 pm

*Feng took a few moments to consider what he heard, shuffling a bit in consideration of what was being discussed. He was certain that the situation must be serious to get Blythe this riled up. The half-orc still wasn't sure what exactly was going on, but he figured that the only way to find out was to go along with whatever was being planned. The big oaf still managed to reply with confidence, even if he was making a concession:*

"Youse still ain't a captain, so careful 'ow youse throw yer weight around. If youse want my 'elp, youse got it, fer now."

*A wave of vertigo washed over the lummox as he finished speaking, confirming that he had no idea what he was doing. He managed to keep his composure, somehow. As the sensation passed, he turned to Milton and James. Though he was mostly speaking to Milton, the half-orc watched for signs of interest or thought from James as he spoke:*

"What do youse know 'bout all this? Youse gonna jump through the hoop too?"
Dark devotion in a beacon paradise
Shows no emotion to a willing sacrifice
You can put a man on trial, but you can't make the guilty pay
And you can cage an animal, but you can't take away the rage
Feng

Postby Fina Rebia Selona » September 5th, 2006, 8:43 pm

-:The air was nice and crisp as Fina walked through the streets. Her eyes darted from one object, to another. None of this looked right... She bit her lip and glanced down at the wrinkled, torn map in her small pale hands. No.. this deffinately wasn't right.:-

-:Fina let out a long, frustrated sigh. Guess she would just have to look again tomorrow. It was too dark to continue into the wilderness again, and her body was tired and sore. Her deep green orbs caught sight of a tavern sign. Gratfeul, she began walking towards the entrance.:-

-:But something else caught her eye. Something she found wonderfully ironic. That man, that same man she had seen a while back, was standing about with a small group.:-

-Curiosity killed the cat.-

-:Fina casually walked past the alley, and stopped at the corner. She was out of their view, but being a rogue, she had exceptional hearing. She listened in on their little conversation, highly intrigued.:-

-:What caught her attention the most was the talk of death. She had heard this same man mention it earlier, aswell.:-

Well, i'll be...

-:She crouched down against the wall, listening intently, unable to move, almost as if she were addicted to their words. The passing people just saw her as a tired girl, resting her legs. She wondered if it was more than coincidence that she lost her way this eve.:-
Fina Rebia Selona

Postby Milton » September 6th, 2006, 1:23 am

Milton continued to watch, to listen. It was all really silly. Blythe angry and a lad growling. Milton wondered what the half orc's reply would be.

However it did make Milton think again of the dog-like personality of the boy. Now, he was suspicious. At least the growling didn't last too long, just like Blythe's yelling didn't.

Squeezing the lad's shoulder again when he apologized, Milton answered as gently as he could get his deep voice, "It's fine."

When the half orc spoke to him, Milton knew what he would say. He didn't like talking much. He straightened and stepped closer to the half orc as he replied, anyways.

"I know only what you do, and possibly a bit more or less on things." He flipped his hand over from palm up to palm down as he spoke, "Blythe has saved my life, and I know he is smart as well as a good leader. I will follow him on anything, even if I was blind in it."

He shrugged before looking back at the lad again.
Milton

Postby Blythe » September 6th, 2006, 1:42 am

..:: Blythe thought it was too bad that the half orc could be so much help, because Shumpy could be so annoying and so much of a hindrance, but Blythe hoped that the half orc would come to his senses once he was sober. He didn't feel like repeating himself again, so Blythe stood and waited for Shumpy to finish all the pointless things he had to say. No matter what the half orc thought, Blythe knew that not only was he in charge, it was better no other way. ::..

..:: When Shumpy resorted to asking Milton and the adolescent, Blythe smirked, already having a good idea what the healer would say. Some of the things Milton said surprised him, but then again, the healer was a strange man. Smirking, Blythe wondered if that was enough for the suspicious half orc, but he waited to see if the filthy teen would speak up now. ::..

O-oh, bow your head.
Wait for the ricochet.
Blythe

Postby James » September 6th, 2006, 1:57 am

Hearing Feng's words, the teenager turned to the half-orc.

His eyes sparked for a second, and the wandering smell of pomegranate drew his nose backwards. He didn't want to leave, but it was... his favorite.

What's this, a girl? Eh, she's fine, just looks tired. Where's that fruit?...

He turned opposite the way the girl came from.

The alleyway eventually opened up into a street of markets. Right by the alleyway was a fruit stand.

He looked. Nobody saw him.

He came back to the group with half a pomegranate in his hand. Figuring out quickly that his fingers would be useful, he used them to eat the seeds slowly. Whatever the orc had said, he completely ignored it, preferring to stay quiet.
James
RP Councillor

Postby Fina Rebia Selona » September 7th, 2006, 6:51 pm

-:Her eyes quickly darted to the man that approached the fruit stand. She wanted to act, wanted to stop the man and ask him one of many questions floating around her head, but she didn't act quick enough.:-

Damnit...

-:She pulled her hair back, using a green ribbon. Her misty green eyes searched the night street, looking for a sign, anything, that would tell her what to do.:-

-:Her fingers moved upwards towards her neck, and she gripped a small bright emerald amulet that hung there. Her eyes closed, deep in thought. When they opened, she decided she would approach the man.:-

-:For all she knew, this guy could kill her in two seconds flat. She bit her lip and stood up from her position against the wall. She felt rested and energized, maybe it was excitement, maybe it was pure fear.:-

-:She walked into the opening of the alleyway, and looked into Blythe's eyes. Her own glew mysteriously. She wasn't sure what to say to him, but she knew it would all come to her when need be. She felt drawn to this spot in time, and she found it more than coincidence that she had run into this man a second time, both times feeling drawn to his precense.:-
Fina Rebia Selona

PreviousNext

Return to Palace Rantings