Agreements

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Postby Milton » September 3rd, 2006, 1:03 am

With how the lad shrunk and acted when the man came in, Milton had more attention on the teen. Even as he listened to Blythe, the robed man's eyes didn't leave the teen in the corner.

He listened to whatever Blythe's answer would be. Though he had heard this answer before, it was just as important now. If the boy contradicted himself, or repeated himself exactly, then Milton knew that there was reason to wonder if Blythe was being honest. It didn't matter to him if the boy lied or not, but the man still wanted to know if he would lie. He liked to know about how people acted and why.

With all of his visual attention on the lad, it was easy for Milton to see him relax when the half orc talked to the commoner. The only thing that the robed man did was listen to Blythe, and watch. He knew that his eyes would draw the lad's. People always seamed to look back if you smiled at them enough.

He had a smile just like so many men at other bars always held, but kept it as gentle as he could as he waited for the teen to look back at him.
Milton

Postby Blythe » September 3rd, 2006, 1:23 am

..:: Blythe sighed again; for show. He had hoped that Shumpy would have accepted right away. He had hoped that a friend in danger would be enough of a reason to help them. Now, he wondered if Shumpy was smarted than he thought at first. Well, he knew that the half orc was smarted than he thought the very first time he saw him, but smarter than he grave him credit even now. Before, he had thought that Shumpy was a monster, a stupid beast. Now he knew that he judged people too quickly. ::..

..:: Even if he judged people too quickly, he would recheck himself again and again. Those checks kept him open minded enough to see that Shumpy wasn't all stupid, and actually pretty smart. He didn't know how smart, but he would be more cautious with his truths. He didn't want the half orc to take them wrong. Blythe wouldn't give up if he did, because he had seen Shumpy fight and could us his help in this, too. ::..

..:: Thinking about the best way to explain things so that the half orc wouldn't get angry and start breaking things randomly, Blythe tapped his bottom lip. Then, the half orc excused himself, right when he was trying to answer. It didn't anger the child, because it did give him more time to think. Glancing at Milton, Blythe saw that his companion still had his eyes on the filthy adolescence, just like he knew they would be. ::..
Sweet child in time, you'll see the line;
The line that's drawn between good and bad.
See the blind man shooting at the world.
Bullets flying; taking toll.

If you've been bad, (oh) Lord, I bet you have
And you've not been hit, oh, by flying lead
You'd better close your eyes.
O-oh, bow your head.
Wait for the ricochet.
Blythe

Postby Feng » September 3rd, 2006, 2:55 am

*Feng could hardly keep himself from laughing as the man seemed to shrink away, here was someone who could only be upset when they felt there were no consequences. Even if it was a slightly mean thing to do in public, it showed the mans character to the staff of the tavern, and they would be able to handle future outbursts from him as needed. The humor of the situation was lost quickly as realization hit the half-orc; he needed to find out what was wrong and how he could help. He placed the order for the next round of drinks and returned to the table.*

"Sorry 'bout that, youse don't seem like da type what likes "interruptions" any more than me. I don't think youse drink dat much fer a kid, Blythe, or I'd get youse an ale to say sorry."

*At this point, the oaf had noticed that Milton was watching the teenager that feng had offered a drink to earlier, looking over it was obvious that the young man had relaxed a bit. A passing waitress was instructed to get the lad a drink that was a bit sweeter, because the half-orc had heard that ale was an acquired taste for some people and may not be to his liking. Feng never believed that, he thought everyone enjoyed ale, but he still understood that some people like other things better.

After placing the new order for the gray haired teen, feng did his best to pay attention to the conversation again, though he was slightly concerned about any more interruptions. The main thoughts rolling through the mind of the lummox were his mates, and trouble.*
Feng

Postby James » September 3rd, 2006, 3:26 am

The teenager was surprised when the maid the half-orc had spoken with returned to his table with a sweet smelling drink. His nose exploded with new territories, and the relief to a well traveled soul to find something new such as this brightened him. The maid attempted to ask for his cash again, but James just ignored her, so she leaned over and took a few coppers from him. James did not mind this at all, and understood then how currency worked. At this point his fervor got the better of him and soon the sweet but burning drink was down his throat and in his belly.

Would that he could, the boy might've said something while he burped moderately, such as "Delicious!", or "Yum!" But, he knew too little common speak to do that. The burp fizzled on its way up, and tickled him a little.

James sat the mug down and frowned. The drink seemed a little too delicious, and even though he enjoyed it immensely and had never had anything like it, it felt... odd.

His feeling stuck now to indifference, his attention returned swiftly to Blythe. He then noticed the healer staring at him and his eyes widened, his head tilted. Were he a puppy again, the average human would have found him indeniably cute.
James
RP Councillor

From now on, I would like this RP to be [b]Invite Only[/b]

Postby Milton » September 3rd, 2006, 3:16 pm

He continued to smile while he waited. It didn't matter how long it took because he knew that the teen would look at him soon enough.

As soon as the lad looked back at him, Milton's smile curled a bit more. His eyes didn't leave the teen's as he stood from his chair and made his way over to the lad. Resting his arm on the chair, he leaned down closer to the teen's face to ask his question. His breathe smelt like his drink.

"Why don't you come join us, instead of sit here and spy? I'm sure we would love your company."

This close, he could see the chip in the lad's ear. He would remember that.
Milton

Postby James » September 3rd, 2006, 3:37 pm

Seeing the healer come closer, James half-hid behind the mug of sweet drink he just had. His eyes locked in a stare with Milton's eyes.

Hearing the words spoken, his mind ran a thousand miles in a few seconds.

"Yes."

His light but deep voice floated like a leaf as an answer, and the boy got up from his seat to follow Milton to his table.
James
RP Councillor

Postby Blythe » September 3rd, 2006, 4:05 pm

..:: Blythe was glad that being a child meant that people wouldn't expect him to drink. Being this young came in handy, but there were times when it made things even harder, and they could get very hard. Some of the impossible things really aggravated him at times. Even if it made things easier sometimes, it wasn't worth it; his young body was his curse. There was nothing he could do about it, though, other than just be himself. Many times he would have to pretend to be young. He hated pretending. It was foolish. Yet, he often had to, like it was expected of him. Required. This was one of the reasons he didn't normally talk much, other than when he had to step forward. ::..

..:: Seeing Milton go and ask the adolescence to join them reminded Blythe of what he should be talking about. He believed that Milton had seen enough of the teen to believe the adolescence could help, or something. Blythe was really liking Milton, but he didn't understand him. Looking around the room, Blythe thought that even the other garrulous conversations wouldn't mask his words enough to say them around everyone here. No, he shouldn't talk about something as important as this around other people. Or around any guarded place. ::..

..:: The child left his chair, and addressed those with him, "We're going to go for a walk." Trusting that the others would join him for something as important as this, he made his way out of the tavern. He had to find somewhere more secluded, somewhere people wouldn't listen in. Blythe wondered if there was a place just to get help with what he needed. If there was one, he would find it, but for now he slipped between the tavern and the building beside it, knowing that it would open at the other end. ::..

O-oh, bow your head.
Wait for the ricochet.
Blythe

Postby James » September 3rd, 2006, 5:27 pm

James paused after hearing Blythe speak. In no language he thought, "What did he say? Walk? Why do we need to walk when we can sit?"

He figured he would just follow. He turned around and collected the coins he had into the bag at his waist, contemplating the full meaning of currency.

He proceeded to follow Milton, simply because he was still wary of Blythe. He wondered again if the vampire recognized him from the time he met zipcat.
James
RP Councillor

Postby Akane » September 3rd, 2006, 10:14 pm

from another dark corner of the bar, Akane sat and watched. the hood of her black cloak was up, covering her face as much as possible. It may draw attention to have to hood pulled up, but it was better than showing her face just yet. The strange meeting with the young boy caught her eye, he was young, but seemed to be leading the conversation of the men. Her keen eyes studied him closer. A vampire perhaps? And this other that joined them, some sort of lycanthrope. Akane was intrigued by the boy's demenor, how he stood and comanded the rest to walk with him. She waited until they left the tavern, finished her drink and left some silver on the table, then got up and walked out of the bar to track the party. She sniffed the air, catching the scent of the wolf boy right away. She'd have to stay down wind of this one to remain unnoticed.
Akane

Postby Feng » September 3rd, 2006, 11:32 pm

*Feng considered his empty mug of ale while Milton invited James to join them. He was about to order another when Blythe suggested going for a walk, and didn't like the idea of leaving the bar while it was still open. Checking his funds however, he realized that taking a walk was cheaper then staying, and he had yet to discover what Blythe thought the problem was. Once the half-orc made it to the alleyway, he tried to get some vital information to relieve his confused state:*

"Youse say somethin is wrong, but youse wont say what. I wonder if youse know yourself aside from somethin bein wrong somewhere. Youse mind tellin me what dis is all about?"

*The lummox stood his ground, or rather, swayed a bit from too much ale, waiting for a response. He did his best to listen and keep a sharp eye on the new surroundings, not knowing who all would be interested in these talks.*
Feng

Postby Milton » September 4th, 2006, 12:23 am

He was smiling when the teenager agreed to join them as Milton stood and turned to find Blythe ready to go. It didn't bother him that they would go for a walk, though he did down the rest of his ale first.

At least the night had a long ways to go. Milton always liked the dark, and he even kept his old hut as unlit as he could. The full moon looked nice, too.

Peeking back over his shoulder, Milton saw that the teenager was right behind him. He wondered what was so strange about the lad. The half orc was walking next to Blythe, and Milton noted this.
Milton

Postby Blythe » September 4th, 2006, 12:42 am

Blythe was glad that everyone was smart enough to come out with him. Now, he only needed to see if everyone was smart enough to help him, too. He slipped his hands into his pockets while he walked, listening to Shumpy and thinking about what to say so that everyone would understand. Understand why they should help. He spoke loud enough for each of them to hear, but hopefully quiet enough too, he didn't want too many listeners.

"I already told you what was wrong once, Shumpy. Our friend has been spelled, manipulated, forced, whatever you would like to call it. The only way for us to help her is if I can get help in it. I can't do it by myself. You've helped me so much before Shumpy; will you please help me again?"

As if he could already hear the other jejune questions coming from the half orc, he went on with more explanations. Like zip, Shumpy always asked way too many questions, always.

"She used to be so happy. I have traveled with her more than anyone else in these last several months; before the wedding. I've been left to watch her shrivel and wilt. If you have even seen her recently, then you know I am right, Shumpy. I doubt you would have though, because of this spell. I haven't been able to see her either. I want to help her."

O-oh, bow your head.
Wait for the ricochet.
Blythe

Postby James » September 4th, 2006, 1:14 am

James stopped, his eyes widened.

"zipcat...?" he murmored.

zipcat in trouble? He was right on accepting the invitation from Milton, as well as trying to find her there. Plus, this is a great way to learn how to speak, as well. He still couldn't do much...

"zipcat... in troub...trouble?"

His face marked expressed worry and concern. It contorted strangely, as did his emotions and thoughts.

He didn't know what else to say or ask. He knew nothing else to be able to say it.
James
RP Councillor

Postby Feng » September 4th, 2006, 1:57 am

"If youse start makin sense, I could start ta 'elp. Youse still wont say what youse know. Knowin youse has got me into lots of fights, even if youse stopped a few. I bet youse wants me ta fight, the question is, who youse got in mind?"

*Feng was done with games, he was told one of his mates was in trouble, and had yet to be given any useful information. For all he knew, this could be something a bar brawl could solve, or at least put a temporary fix in place. But he was still worried about Zip, it would always get to him thinking that one of his mates was in trouble, and with Blythe around there seemed to be lots of trouble to get into.

The half-orc didn't pay much attention to the gray haired teen until he heard the name Zipcat from an unfamiliar voice. Turning, he saw the look of worry the young man had worn and thought it said everything.*
Feng

Postby Milton » September 4th, 2006, 2:16 am

So far, Blythe hadn't changed a single thing from what he said before.

When the teenager stopped, so did Milton. It was obvious now that the lad knew about the Amentan. He wondered how well, and from where.

It didn't matter though. Milton stood and waited to see what else would be said, what else would happen. He would remember every detail he could. Even if he didn't have a real opinion on things, he would listen to them.
Milton

PreviousNext

Return to Palace Rantings