Darkan Rhal's character sheet

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Darkan Rhal's character sheet

Postby Darkan Rhal » August 3rd, 2006, 9:35 am

CHARACTER SHEET

A. Common Name

Originally Elladan Elensar, but it was changed later to Darkan Rhal.

B. Full Title and Rank

Darkan has no official rank here at Titan, but he is an Archmage, War Wizard and Master of the Four Elements.

C. Race

Elf, but due to his evil nature he would be considered a dark elf, not a drow.

D. Magical Alignment

Prepared spell casting, a.k.a. Dungeons and Dragons, Han manipulation, a.k.a. Sword of Truth, lightning and direct elemental control, air, earth, fire and water.

To follow protocol, it would be air, earth, fire, water and light.

E. Military Division/Rank

None

F. Character Overview

Darkan is a sadistic maniacal self-absorbed mage with a desire for god status. However several years back, during a ritual to acquire his elemental mastery, he picked up a small amount of goodness, compassion and child-like playfulness from Tanglehood. He now strives for atonement for his past transgressions, but still has an evil streak that comes out in his rather cruel practical jokes.

G. Ability

Darkan has an enormous library of spell books, containing hundreds of spells. Each morning he must spend time memorizing spells, in effect all but casting the spell, so that when he wants to cast the spell all that is required is a few words, a gesture or two and/or maybe some material component. The spells are divided into levels, ranging from cantrips (or 0 level) to 9 th level spells, the higher the number, the more powerful the spell. He as a finite number of spells he can cast in this way each day.

Darkan, through a trip to the world that the Sword of Truth series is set in, learned to use and control his Han. A person Han is his inner life force that extends beyond the persons body, sort of like an arm or a leg, but it cannot be seen or felt directly. With it he can cast webs, sort of like spells, to produce specific effects. These effects might take affect immediately or be a delayed effect awaiting some type of specific trigger, the effect might be ephemeral or sustained or even permanent. Magic in general is divided into two sides, Additive and Subtractive. With Additive, a person can create and manipulate air, light and spirit. With Subtractive a person can unmake things, in other words make things as if they never existed at all.

Through a ritual, which was once at Palace Rantings on ezBoard, Darkan gained his Elemental Mastery. With it he can directly control the four primary elements, air, earth, fire and water. He cannot create these using this power, but if he has a source, i.e. a pool of water, he can manipulate it, simulate a water elemental. He must maintain concentration on the effect to sustain the effect.

H. Physiology

Darkan is physically very weak and sickly. The many trials he has been through have broken his already weak body and left him in dire health. He drinks an herbal mixture that eases his breathing and increases the blood circulation. After a few days without the mixture he might very well die of suffocation.

I. History

Darkan’s history is very long and complex. I don’t have time to type it all out right now, but I will later.

J. Mannerisms

Generally quite and reclusive Darkan prefers to be left alone in his tower. When he chooses to venture forth he tends to keep quite, but he does tend to have a flair for the dramatic, finding it easier to use his Han and other forms of magic to perform mundane tasks rather than doing them physically.

He now has a proclivity for practical jokes, albeit cruel ones, which he takes great delight in humiliating the subject, unfortunately it sometimes results in injury or some type of deformity.

K. Properties of Choice

Darkan lives in L'Olath Wa'q d'Obok Faer, the Dark Tower of High Sorcery that is a sinister and foreboding place of great evil. He is currently attempting to revamp and remodel the structure to cleanse it of evil, but thus far has been unsuccessful.

He possesses the Red Staff of Lightning, which allows him to use red lightning spell like abilities and effects.

L. Sociology

Darkan is primarily anti-social, preferring to be left alone. When he is out he is a quite observer, ever wary of shadows and what might be lurking in them. He rarely shows emotions, and then the emotion show is rarely what he is actually feeling. He is polite and likes to observe formalities.
Last edited by Darkan Rhal on August 3rd, 2006, 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darkan Rhal
Clan Member

Postby Joe » August 3rd, 2006, 2:36 pm

no.

there is no way you are going to be that high of a level of mage just entering into rp here. even if you played here before a long time ago. no. it makes roleplaying here unbalanced and not fun for anyone.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Zuka Zamamee » August 3rd, 2006, 2:53 pm

Just because there are people that've been around longer than you and have built up their characters doesn't mean you should get your panties in a twistie.

:p

Speaking of which...Darkan, how long have you been here?
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Darkan Rhal » August 3rd, 2006, 4:05 pm

I have been playing this particular char, both online and irl, for close 15 years now, but he has been an online char for more than five years I would guess, but so as not to rock the boat, I'll ramp down the D&D lvls some.
Darkan Rhal
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » August 3rd, 2006, 8:28 pm

Actually, we're trying to get rid of the whole D&D-based thing all together.

Ideally, you should just take a good look at your character and take a step back from it. Look at it as qualitative (ability) rather than quantitative (levels and stats).
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Guest » August 3rd, 2006, 9:08 pm

Ok, that's easy, I'll just cut out the lvl parts and shhorten in to reflect that he has that type of spell casting ability

Postby Darkan Rhal » August 3rd, 2006, 9:09 pm

^
l
l
that's me
Darkan Rhal
Clan Member

Postby Tharris » August 4th, 2006, 5:38 am

nifty all your missing is the shoiken grove and the staff of magus and you are raistlin. nice recreation, well done. w00t for dragon lance, btw whats your specialty necro or enchant? or have you made the switch to red robes in which case is it illusion or transmutation? sorry, didnt mean to go off like that i think the character is well done, i think its a bit on the powerful side but then well most of us are, *contemplates powering up tharris a bit more* i look forward to seeing if you can pull off the level of power you have described yourself as having as well as the internal conflict you claim.

~tharris
tharris (lots of them) of Titan

AIM: hawkeyebp
E-mail: hawkeyebkp@gmail.com
Tharris
DC Councillor

Postby Darkan Rhal » August 4th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Good call, the original table top character was based on Raist, then the DM teleported us, via an open portal I had in the abyss while battling Takhisis (sp?) to the world detailed in the sword of truth novels.

As far as being able to rp the power in a balanced way, I'm pretty sure I've gotten the hange of it :wink: Too bad most of the posts are gone. He dueled quite a bit DDL and even entered a few tournaments over at T'Gathering.
Darkan Rhal
Clan Member

Postby Joe » August 4th, 2006, 3:08 pm

I didn't mean to be rude by the way. It's just that we are trying to really organize our rp section to make it a lot more user friendly and balanced for all players involved. Yeah, this means we're probably gonna have more stupid rules to follow, but, honestly, what good GM or DM doesn't have rules anyway? Or what game for that manner?

Saying that though, I love the rp style of Titan because it is free form and has less rules and limits than many other rp boards out there, and I do hope that you do play your character as free and as fun as you can.
Joe
DC Councillor

Return to Palace Rantings