The Grove (Open RP)

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Postby Cheshire » August 16th, 2006, 1:39 am

“Aku,” Cheshire nodded, “I will return shortly.”

[pre] *****************[/pre]

*Cheshire arrived back into his office in the Titan Palace and locked the door; he sat down at his desk, took out a blank parchment and wrote down assignments for his workers to fill in his absence. When he finished it, he folded the parchment in three and poured red wax over the fold and stamped it with a Titan seal. He stood and walked to the edge of his cot and kneeled down next to the rug. He rolled the rug up, put is aside, then turned his attention to the floor boards. Cheshire put both of his hands over a section of the floor and murmured some hushed words, the floor boards popped out by the magical release words and Cheshire removed two boards revealing a fair-sized, concealed storage space containing an assortment of item ranging from blades to potions, from gold to scrolls, from cloaks to amulets, all crammed in a space no larger than four cubic feet. Cheshire pulled the dagger and its scabbard from his belt and placed it inside his locker, he then quickly picked up a few amulets, darts and vials and replaced the floorboards and rug *

*Cheshire walked to the small closet and began donning some warmer outerwear and light armor. He donned a belt type contraption, it had a thicker-than average belt, with hooks to attach a scabbard on the left hip and two leather straps, resembling suspenders, that attached to the main belt on the front, right off each hip, traveled over his shoulders and merged together to reveal an inverted leather scabbard. He attached his main blade to the belt and inserted his other blade onto the scabbard on his back and locked it in place. He inserted several vials of a clear liquid into slots on the left “suspender” strap, the darts into the right strap. Finally, Cheshire tightened his boots and threw on a thick, fur traveling cloak, picked up a scarf and gloves and left his room*
*DC Name: Cheshire3 (send all mail & packages there)*

(Personal List Records)
Fame: #6 - 30k (2/22/09)
Skill: #4 - 23k (12/12/08)
Guild: #6 (2/15/10)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby Carzal » August 20th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Carzal grimaced.
"Perfect... cold." he said sarcastically. Carzal preferred having to deal with heat than with cold, remembering unpleasant times in the high mountains of his homeworld. However, it had been a neccesary experience to deal with situations like this. Carzal knew how to survive in the cold, and how to prepare for the cold, and so he went off.
Carzal returned to his executive rooms in the Dome. At the very top of the structure, Carzal moved through the rooms, turning off various magical machines that were in action in the room and activating several defensive matrixes to look after it while he was gone.
Like Cheshire, he wrote a few letters. One was directed to the high council to explain this absense from discussions, and one to inform the border patrol of the unusual activities in the forest, but the others had nothing to do with the Titan administration. Orders to the First Bank of Titan were undetailed, the bank more or less running itself at this stage, whilst directions for the Dome were more complicated: an underground addition was being added, and that required more direction, but in general, there was little Carzal had to leave behind.
He equiped himself in gear not too unusual, but added a had, a cloak and boots to his arsenal.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Catelyn Dragonblade » August 26th, 2006, 2:51 pm

~It was a cold, harsh night in Is'uldul, the winds snapping and biting at the guards that stood watch over the walls. Winter was coming rapidly, and farmers and peasants everywhere scrambled to harvest their crops. The guards stood passively, glaring out over the vast fields of grasslands that would melt into darkness. A several week ride to the north would bring one to mountains that were spoken to be as high as the sun itself. During the daytime, these mountains were visible even from the wall. The North was warded by Duke Nichinius Dragonblade, a fiercely independent elf. To the east and west were dense forests as far as the eye could see. The West was warded by Duke Akunosh Inarus I, while the East was warded by Duke Arin Foster. The South, which melted into jungles before revealing Mount Vernin, was warded by Duke Ryan Stormblade.~

~Standing upon the wall was the oldest daughter of Duke Nichinius Dragonblade, the knighted Catelyn Dragonblade. She wore head to toe black armor and clothing with a silver-horse hair plumed helm. The elf was easy to distinguish, as she was the shortest and youngest one on the wall, her hair was knee-length platinum-blonde, and she was also one of the few who purposefully wore black at all times. She had her longsword unsheathed, the blade digging into the ground, and she leaned against it, watching with bored eyes over Is'uldul's fields.~

~The wind picked up again, harsher than before. Her sable cloak flapped in the wind, threatening to pull her with it. She wrapped it around her frame and fasted several buttons to keep the cloak from flying open again. Several hours passed by and the shift was half-way over when Catelyn heard several foot-steps, followed by the familiar presence of her commanding officer, the human Ser Jacob Gregor, a Knight Captain.~

"Catelyn. May we speak?"

~She turned and faced him, noting that he too wore all black. They were the few who did so. His cloak was fastened to cover the left side of his body, hiding his sheathed longsword and his arm that was severed from the elbow down. He also wore his helm to hide the disfiguring scars across his face from countless battles and wars. Had he not been wearing his helmet, one could see his gray, shorn hair that had once been as black as a raven's feathers. He was an aging man, around 60 or so, and his life had not been a pleasant one.~

~Born to a peasant family, he had only gotten into the Enclave via scholarship by the Empire. The scholarship required that he serve in the military for 20 years, but Ser Gregor wasn't one to simply retire. He fought alongside Akunosh Inarus II himself in the Dothraki Wars, losing his arm saving the Paladin from a potentially deadly sweep of a Dothraki's anahk, a spear with a scimitar blade at the end. The other various scars were a testimony to his dedication to his Empire, Kingdom, and sense of duty. Catelyn held a deep respect for Ser Gregor, and his presence always made her feel secure. Now, here he was, speaking to her.~

"Of course, Ser Jacob. What is it that you need?"

"Its not so much as a need as it is a request. There have been recent rumors on the wind about the possibility of war against Dagoth Aria. I want you to promise me you won't run off and join some damnable crusade or another into Mount Vernin. Untold evil lies there, and your father would be most displeased if something happened to you."

"War? With Dagoth Aria? Isn't it passed due that someone killed her already?"

"Perhaps...but there are reasons that are far too complicated to explain. Now, promise me that you won't join any crusaders that come looking for help to slay Aria."

"And if I don't?"

"Then I will order you to stay on the wall."

"What if its Akunosh II himself?"

"I seriously doubt it. You know the fallout he had with the King. He won't be coming to Is'uldul anytime soon."

"Fine. I promise that I won't leave the wall to join a crusade."

"Thats a good lady. Your shift is over in four hours. Grab some breakfast when its over and get some sleep."

~Ser Jacob Gregor walked away on the wall's vast length and disappeared into darkness. Catelyn turned back and faced the fields to the north, sighing heavily.~

"I'm never going to leave this damnable post."
Catelyn Dragonblade

Postby Carzal » September 3rd, 2006, 6:42 pm

(( I hate to tell you this, Zuka, but it's still your go))
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Akunosh Inarus » September 9th, 2006, 8:05 pm

((Eek, sorry about the long wait))

*Akunosh waited patiently for the others to prepare themselves whilst engaging in conversation with Nicole. It was the only way he could think of to pass time, and it worked, more or less. Finally, when the others were ready, he and Nicole lead the others to the stables where the clydesdales were already prepared for the ride. Akunosh and Nicole mounted their warhorses and waited for the others to mount*

"We must ride hard and fast to the shipyards. Every moment we wait is another moment Aria and Malakhi have to prepare. We'll ride ahead while the rest of you mount up. Just follow the main road north until you catch up with us. Lets go."

*Akunosh and Nicole bolted out of the stables when the others were clear, riding out of Titan's walls and due north along the main road. The others would catch up soon enough*

My Estate

Sworn Death Knight of the Lich King, Zuka
Akunosh Inarus

Postby Ominous » September 10th, 2006, 3:38 pm

I'd never exactly ridden a horse before...but I figured it out quick enough.

Unfortunately, by the point I'd figured out what to do, everyone had pulled far ahead of me. I sighed and tried my best to keep sight of them.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Carzal » September 12th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Carzal mounted easily. Ominous was young, and had never had parents who had enforced riding upon him, but Carzal had. Riding most animals came easily to him.
On the other hand, that didn't mean that he enjoyed it.
Growling under his breath, he fought his horse - which seemed unusually spirited - into his control.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Akunosh Inarus » September 22nd, 2006, 8:56 pm

*When Akunosh and Nicole were well out of Titan's lands, they came across an intersection of roads. It was here that they stopped, waiting for the others to catch up. They allowed their horses time to graze and drink water from a nearby creek, but they would have to leave the moment the rest of the group arrived. Nicole finally broke the silence*

"M'lord, what if the King doesn't accept you back in Is'uldul?"

"He will or he won't. Who knows."

"May I ask you something personal, m'lord?"

"Of course."

"M'lord...I have only heard rumors about why you've been banned from Is'uldul, but not the truth. May I ask why he...you know...expelled you from Cha'arduun."

*Akunosh's memories instantly flooded back to several years ago on that fateful night. The Enclave had dispatched five Paladins to face off against the armies of Westmarch, and so far they had successfully kept them at bay. Finally, the armies of Westmarch attacked in mass. Two of Akunosh's brothers-in-arms fell, and the three remaining paladins retreated to the walls of the city. They had told the Marquess to evacute his city, but he refused, stating that the five Enclave Paladins would be able to defend the city adequately. Now, the armies of Westmarch overran the walls at dusk and slaughtered all they found. Images of the genocide flashed again. Buildings burning to smoldering ashes, streets filled with bodies piled level to second story windows, women and children screaming and being massacred, men bravely fighting the armies of Westmarch for those they love, but dying all in vain. Akunosh and his two remaining Paladin brothers fought desperately, but the two of them fell. With no one to watch his back or to protect now, Akunosh was certain he was facing his death...*

*...until a mysterious light transported him before the Arbiter himself. He spoke to Akunosh about the battle, saying there was nothing that he could've done to save them. The city was doomed one way or another, and the Enclave's involvement had nearly cost them their best Paladin. The Arbiter had warned the King about the foolishness of trying to protect the city with only five Paladins, but the King would have none of it*

*Now, with the city burned to the ground and hundreds, possibly a thousand or two, of innocents dead or dying, the King was infuriated. He angrily tried to find a scapegoat to blame for the cause of the city's destruction, and Akunosh, being the only Enclave survivor, was the natural choice. Exiled from Is'uldul for bogus charges of failing to valiantly defend the city to his dying breath, Akunosh ventured into the unknown world*

*Suddenly, a soft touch brought him back to reality. The paladin realized that there were tears running down his face, and Nicole was trying to comfort him. Three years ago and its still haunting me, Akunosh thought remorsefully. He had been at Titan for two whole years, trying to drown out his past and memories of war. But no matter where the paladin went, it followed. Sighing, he brushed the tears from his face, erasing any signs of what had just transpired. He looked at where the others were. They were still too far away to notice anything other than he was sitting hunch-backed, but nothing suspicious*

"I am sorry, m'lord. I didn't know..."

"It is alright, Nicole. You had no clue. No one does. Not even my wife knows about the scars of my past. I hide it from her so she won't have to worry, but it hurts doing so. Perhaps someday I will tell her. But not now. Not while she is with child and delicate. But soon."

"The images...they were...gruesome."

"What? Ah, yes...I keep forgetting that you can sense my thoughts. Quiet now, here comes the rest."

*The paladin rose, his face as stern and serious as it was when they had left. Now was not the time to lament about frightening memories and scars of war. Now was the time to take action and proceed forth*

"We will ride in a group from here on out. Lets go."

*Akunosh and Nicole mounted their warhorses and led the group at a trot down the beaten roadway that led directly north*

My Estate

Akunosh Inarus

Postby Carzal » September 23rd, 2006, 12:13 am

"Okay."
Carzal barely noticed Akunosh's anguished look, pre-occupied with his horse. It was vicious and spirited, and reared. Often. Carzal was staying on only barley.
On the other hand, when it wanted to go fast, it went fast.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Ominous » September 27th, 2006, 11:56 am

I finally caught up to everyone else, yet still had no grasp over how to control my horse. Luckily, it seemed to know where it was going...it just didn't like me going with it.

At one point, it tried to rear me off its back, but I responded with a small spark to the back of its head. It whined, and continued on its path a tad less defiant. I leaned down to its ear and spoke. "That's better," I sighed. "Now, we're going to work together like this, or the next one's going to be a lightning bolt."
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Akunosh Inarus » September 30th, 2006, 7:48 pm

((Love the humor. :p And I am going to fast-forward this RP just for the sake of getting through the boring part >.> ))

*The group rode north for several days, stopping only to rest, eat, or drink. Often times they would halt when movement caught their eyes on the horizon. However, these figures always turned out to be other travellers or peasants or fishermen. Finally, on the fourth day, Akunosh and his friends arrived at the secret shipyard. It wasn't much to gloat about, but it served its function. There were three piers leading out into the harbor, long enough for a pair of ships on either side to be docked. There were currently seven docked warships and three freighters unloading their cargo. There was another warship and freighter on the horizon moving towards them. It would arrive in an hour or so, give or take a few minutes*

*Further up the shore were three wooden buildings which served as supply depots and storehouses, another as the "inspections office" (known more appropriately as the armory), and five long, rectangular log buildings as "cheap housing" (better known as the barracks). There was also an Inn right by the shore. The bottom was a tavern, whilst the next two stories served as cheap rooms. This was the secret harbor that Is'uldul operated from in Dragon Court in all of its entirity. Inconspicuous and unattractive, at best*

*Taking lead of the group again, Akunosh led them to the Inn before they were halted by five guards in azure uniforms. They were High Elves, tall and frail, wearing azure cloaks covering their armor, and azure helms with white plumes. Their commanding officer wore no helmet, and was easily distinguished. He recognized Akunosh and Nicole immediately, but had no clue as to who the others were. He challenged the paladin swiftly*

"M'lord Akunosh, m'lady Nicole. You know our rules about bringing foreigners to our port without official sanction. What is it you've come here for that is so important to violate that rule?"

"I can answer that, Captain. Stand down."

*The voice came from behind the guards from a figure who had not been there just a moment ago. He wore a white cloak covering his entire body. Silver hair spilled out from his hood, and half of his face was masked by a white cowl. He was a High Elf, no doubt, and he marched towards them with such grace and fluid movement that even Akunosh was surprised. The guards immediately parted from him, refusing to meet him in the eyes. Finally, the man stopped before Akunosh and looked upwards, revealing what little of his face there was to see. Like most elves, he had no facial hair, and his eyes were just as emerald as Akunosh's*

"Akunosh comes on terms that you cannot begin to comprehend, Captain. They shall pass freely, and under no circumstance shall they be impeded."

"Yes, m'lord Archmage. Whatever you command."

*The elven guards backed away slowly, still refusing to meet the Archmage's (as it was revealed) eyes. Finally, the guard went back to their duty around the small port. The Archmage looked back up at Akunosh, studying him silently, then spoke again*

"Akunosh...a word with you in private, if you will?"

"Of course. Give me a moment, please. Nicole, Carzal, Ominous, Chesh...I'll return shortly."

*The paladin dismounted and followed the Archmage into the crowded Inn and up the stairs into an empty room. Akunosh began to wonder what it was that the Archmage wish to speak with him for. It had to be something important in order for an Archmage to take interest. Didn't it?*

My Estate

Akunosh Inarus

Postby Ominous » October 1st, 2006, 2:12 pm

As Akunosh left with the archmage, I walked up to the captain who was standing indignantly at his post. Deciding to be friendly, I attempted to strike up conversation. "So...no foreigners allowed, eh? The money you get from tourism must be amazing."

I realized there was a nine out of ten chance he'd just punch me in the face, but that one out of ten chance that he would laugh was just too tempting.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Akunosh Inarus » November 30th, 2006, 10:12 pm

*Taking a seat in an oak chair at the table of the Archmage's private quarters, the paladin watched in silence as the High Elf closed and locked the door. He turned around slowly, knowing that the paladin was watching him, and took a seat directly across from him. The Archmage lowered his hood and removed the cowl off of his lower face, revealing the steorotypical elvish features. Akunosh recognized the elf from somewhere, but couldn't quite place his name or where he met him. Sensing the paladin's thoughts, the Archmage gave the answer before he could ask*

"I am Arys Baratheon. We met in the Dothraki Wars during the siege of Rameshi. At that time I was merely a mage, and you only a Marshal. Remember now?"

*The images of the siege of Rameshi were still as fresh in Akunosh's mind as they had been forty years ago. He remembered with bitter distaste of the battle...no, massacre...that had cost two-thirds of his army. But, remarkably, he did indeed remember Arys. It had been he that turned a disaster into a victory, despite everything else that Akunosh had tried. Forcing a smile, the paladin nodded*

"Yes, I remember indeed. But I doubt you called me here to speak of old war stories, and I think I recall you saying that I have 'come on terms' that the guards here don't understand."

"Always to the point. I like that."

*Arys smiled before leaning forward and speaking in a hushed tone, as if the very news he was spilling was classified*

"Akunosh, its no secret that you are returning to Is'uldul to deal with Aria. And that has the King frightened, you know? Frightened enough to where he has ordered me to...execute you."

"Execute me? Obviously, if you were going to go about that course of action, you would've done it already. But what do I have that the King is afraid of? Surely he --"

"Akunosh, much has changed since you've been away. Or at least the King has changed. I'm sure you've noticed it over the years too. His mind has become clouded with dark thoughts and paranoia. Everyone who wields any form of power has become a threat to him, even myself. That is why I am here at this desolate wasteland, spending the past few years of my life watching over an insignificant port. And that is why he exiled you from Is'uldul."

"I thought it was --"

"Because of the battle against Westmarch? Forget it. It was a convienant cover story for him to get rid of his biggest threat."

"Wait...I am a threat to him? But how?"

"You and your friends are the ones who will rally Cha'arduun, defeat Dagoth Aria, and restore order in our kingdom. The perfect hero. But he doesn't see it as such. He sees a step further: you attempting to dethrone him and crown yourself as the king, or perhaps some other wild idea spawned by his insanity. Who knows?"

"I have no intention of becoming king. Even he should know it."

"Probably, but I don't think you're hearing what I'm trying to tell you. The King has become insane. Psychopathic. Paranoid. Schitsophrenic. He executes or exiles people left and right just for looking at him differently, or for being expected of treason. When he heard about the prophecies about you and Aria, he declared the Great House of Inarus as traitors, and now seeks to destroy every last Inarus blood. Fortunately for you, the other Great Houses became staunch supporters of Inarus when they heard about this action. Why should they destroy the very ones who gave them power, lands, riches, and protection?"

"So...I am a traitor in the eyes of the King?"

"For lack of better words, yes."

"And the Empire?"

"Darturia vouched for your innocence, and that says enough for the Empire to support you."

"So what are you suggesting that I do, Arys?"

"I'm suggesting that you call together a Grand Council of all the Great Houses. Inarus, Fenris, Helkath, Hlaren, Khartuchek, and Dragonblade. Convince them of the King's insanity, of Aria's threat, of the need to act now while there is still time."

"I already thought as much. Anything else?"

"Yes. Be sure to visit the Enclave before you deal with the King. I believe Darturia had some gifts for you that he thinks you should have. And if you have the time, try to find a magical item that can make you more persuasive and charismatic. It will come in handy in uniting the Great Houses together."

"What shall I do when I unite the Great Houses together?"

"The answer will be obvious when the time comes, my friend. Other than that, I can say no more."

"Fine. Is Galur Rithari still alive and well?"

"The prophet? Yes, blind and crippled as ever, if thats what you mean. You'll find him at the Temple, most likely, if not the Academy. He'll want to speak with you as well."

"Good. Arys, I need a favor from you. I need a fast ship to Cha'arduun. What does your small fleet have?"

"Several warships and freighters. I'd suggest the warship Three Sisters because of its speed. It should be sufficient enough for your party to get to Cha'arduun in one piece."

"Thank you for your help, my friend. I'll get my party onto the ship and we'll be on our way to Cha'arduun in no time."

"Of course. And remember: the King wishes you dead, so stay away from the Royal Palace until you have called together the Grand Council."

*The two elves stood up with friendly smiles and shook hands before departing the room. As Akunosh made his way back to his group, he realized that not even fifteen minutes had passed since their arrival. He rallied them together to brief them on the next course of action. It was shortened to the more prevelant things, of course, as the rest would be dealt with later*

"Grab your gear off your mounts and board the warship Three Sisters. It's their fastest ship, and it should get us there a full day faster than any other ship. Follow me."

*Grabbing their equipment from the clydesdales, Akunosh and Nicole led the group into the Three Sisters's crew compartments*

My Estate

Akunosh Inarus

Postby Carzal » December 19th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Carzal followed, a little lost, but still determined to seem as if he knew what was going on. He dragged his equipment along with him, as meagre as it was. "Dragged" should have been replaced by 'wore'.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Ominous » December 20th, 2006, 11:56 pm

The captain didn't respond, so I shrugged and continued with the group.

As I followed what felt like a regal procession, I muttered to myself, "I feel like a third wheel here..." But, hey, I bothered going, so I figured I'd be useful eventually.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Palace Rantings