The Entertainment District

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

The Entertainment District

Postby Tordek » July 17th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Tordek
RP Councillor

A Bump in the Night

Postby Tordek » July 17th, 2006, 10:37 pm

Twilight was here, the sun was slowly sinking. The summer months were always the best, the glowing red orb would slowly sink into the clear depths of the port, and Tordek could sit from his office and watch it all progress. Smoking his pipe, he skimmed over a ledger before him, half gazing off into the distant sea, the other half thinking of past campaigns and adventures.

In the corner of the window, a young gull perched outside on the ledge, catching his eye. Walking over to the window, he opened it up, about to take the gull into his hand for a moment. Alas though, he had never been one with animals, and subsequently only managed to frighten the poor bird, causing it squawk and flutter frantically about. Swooping at his face, he was forced to retreat to the safety of the nook below his desk. From there he watched a now angry gull make its way out of the office.

Quickly rising, he turned about deftly, to ensure that no one had just seen this fiasco. The mayor of Lighthaven could not be bested by a mere sea gull!

With a slight grumble, Tordek closed the window, and shut the curtains. He proceeded to place the ledger into the desk's drawer, and locked it. Gathering his keys, he headed for the door. Closing it, he jingled his keys and pressed them forward, stopping just before the key hole. He dropped them.

Bending to pick them up, he spent a second longer than necessary to do so...

Rising quickly, and turning with adept precision he caught the blade of a would be attacker in his hands. Punching him with his free hand, he heard the solid crack as he shattered his nose. The man was dressed in black, from head to toe.

He had no time to react though, or even think. With surprising grace he received a hefty blow to his kidney from behind, knocking the wind out of him. Collapsing, he fell to the ground.

With silence, the two proceeded to put his arms around his back, and quickly began to tie a rope around his left wrist. Little did they know of Tordek's tricks! With the rope around his wrist, he quickly maneuvered himself up and off the ground, and managed to pull the rope around his attacker's neck! Yanking him tightly, he gasped for air while his partner attempted to dislodge him from Tordek's grasp. Using his body as a shield though, there was little that could be done. Momentarily, the body dropped, and Tordek was left with the remaining assassin.

Licking his lips, he lunged forward, only to vanish. A brief cackle, a flash of silver - the last of his attackers was now resting in his arms, his life gone.

[pre] ***[/pre]

"No, no. There's no need. There's many reasons to attack me. My position in the city, my position within Azrael's order...and so forth. I'll look into it personally. There's no need to put in a call for the Honor Guard - besides, it's about time I take a vacation anyways."

By now the hour was late. The keep was lit by torches and candles. Much of the city was still glowing alight with vibrancy as well. Despite the incident, Tordek felt at home in this city. He denied the offer for extra security.

Retiring to his chambers, he splashed some water on his face, standing over his basin. Changing, he crawled into bed. Drifting in and out of sleep for most of the night, he was up before dawn's first light.

By dawn, he was already past the town, wandering through the forest there. Dismounting from his horse, he took refuge below a large oak tree, flopping down lazily. After a series of complex whistles and calls. He waited for the better part of the morning. An odd bird, a hawk had sat with him, perched in the treetop above him for most of the morning.

"I didn't want to go through the normal means. Curulan already knows most likely, but that's fine. I'll just avoid any standard inquiry. Ask him if he will help. I prefer to do with a bit of grace anyways. Yeah?"

Gazing upwards, the monologue was clearly posed at the hawk that was just sitting in an aloof manner above him, turning his head left and right.

"Well. You tell him, see what he thinks."

Before he could even finish the sentence, the hawk was alight, and darted into the air with awe inspiring grace.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby Frenzie » July 18th, 2006, 11:04 pm

The three gruff men marched heavily through the forest, spiked clubs swinging haphazardly, leaving trampled flowers and scarred trees in their wake. Above them, in the thick canopy of the trees, the Elf followed.

Their broad arms, knotted with muscles and covered in tattoos, gripped bloody bundles of furs and hides, freshly torn from woodland creatures. The unidentifiable masses of flesh—once deer, wolves, and bears—they left writhing in agony, to die shortly thereafter. Seething with silent fury, the Ranger followed.

The biggest and dumbest-looking of the trio stopped abruptly, signaling for his companions to be still. With a toothy grin, he set an arrow to his rough bow and took aim at a young deer standing several yards away.

With a dexterous flip, Frenzie landed silently behind the three men. He glared at their backs, teeth grinding, tempted to slit their throats and be done with it. The Elf took a deep breath, allowing a wave of calmness to wash over him, before speaking:

“This is my forest. I will not have you murdering these animals.”

The three men wheeled to face the Ranger, their eyes wide with surprise, and lifted their weapons menacingly. Unmoving, Frenzie continued in a cold tone:

“If you leave now, and never return, I will let you keep your lives.”

The biggest of the three, clearly the leader, stepped forward with a coarse laugh and raised club. “Ha-haw! Get you out of me way, tree’ugger, or I’ll—“ His sentence was left unfinished, as Frenzie’s blade swept forward in a silver arc and the man’s head fell to the ground with a thump.

The Elf turned an icy stare on the remaining two. “What say you?”

The two men gawked at the severed head by their feet. After giving Frenzie a shaky vow never to return to the forest, they ran off in the direction they had come. He watched them go with narrowed eyes.

Suddenly, a familiar shriek sounded in the sky above the Ranger. Smiling, he looked up to see a hawk gliding among the clouds. In a few moments, the bird was perched on Frenzie’s forearm. He stroked its neck with a finger. “Hello my old friend.”

He cleared his mind and stared at the bird intently. Soon images began to form in his mind—birdspeech. Each image conveyed a specific meaning which the Elf could immediately translate into human tongue, coming naturally after many years of practice.

Danger. Two-Legs. Come, swift like the wind.

Frenzie’s brow furrowed. “Which two-legs? Who is in danger?” An image of a bird chirping flooded his mind. That could only mean one thing.

“Tordek. Simply can’t stay out of trouble, can he?” He nodded and the bird took flight. "Very well."

The Elf gestured at his feathered companion and took off at a run, heading for Lighthaven.
Frenzie
RP Councillor

Postby Joe » July 21st, 2006, 1:21 am

Smoke and steam crept through the alleyway and licked at the feet of the passers by. It reminded Joe of London, so many days ago now, before he came to this world, the steam of the engines and the smoke of the coal amongst the unending electric light of the city. Here the steam didn't come from engines, but from a vent in the back of a bathouse. Joe was tired, returning from another of his ambassadorial missions and decided he'd go in for a massage.

Entering, his eyes followed the various beauties until he'd found the one. Brunette, what was it about brunettes anyway, and long legs. He knew what it was about long legs. His eyes smiled as she glanced at him. He walked with confidence straight towards her, not looking away once as he avoided the women and patrons of the bathouse. When she looked back at him, she noticed.

A few hours later the stress of his travels was completely out of his system. The girl had already left the room, but Joe stayed, laying on the bed looking up at the celieng. Being an ambassador of Titan had its perks, the room he was in, and the service he recieved, was reserved only for the wealthiest of patrons. He sighed. He was allowed to sleep here tonight, but he just wasn't tired. He sat up, buttoned his shirt, and walked back out into the steam and smoke and lights.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Tordek » July 23rd, 2006, 12:14 am

Almost a week had passed now. Tordek had made his way to Cartes without incident. Only a day ago had he met up with Frenzie. His old friend had found him at the Dryad.

It was nightfall now, the two were at the Golden Griffon. Sipping on the traditional meed, and wolfing down the inn's hotplates, they sat together talking and listening to the warm music accompanied by the bustle of the many Titans present.

Though they had been together for a few days now, it was only now that Tordek began to speak of what had occured at his home in Lighthaven. He was certain Frenzie knew of it, but neither had spoken about it.

"Hunters you say? Fools - they should have known you would have retaliated. They were in the NOD? It's odd that. Perhaps they're new here. I'm sure the animals will tell you if those poachers have come back though.

You know, I'm in need of a hunter actually. You might like this story actually. I was in Lighthaven, at my desk. It was the end of the day and I was locking up the office. Believe it or not, I was attacked. It was good fun actually! Sadly though, they left no trace or marks. My intuition leads me here though, to Cartes.

I told the Honor Guard not to worry. I didn't want attention on this. As far as I know, no one on the High Council even knows. Not even Curulan. I'm thinking though, that we have a look around town and see what happens. Maybe someone is trying to move in. I'm not sure I like that really...

...Come to think of it though, I know some decent hands we could get to help. There's a fighter, a half orc, named Feng, also a cleric - Tharris. Where's the fun of an adventure and mayhem without a group of friends to have the chance to die with?! Especially when it's me who these people want to die! Ha!"

Tordek is alive with merriment, clapping his hands and giggling with childish joy. He waggles his eyebrows comically in a form of commitment to his own words and as a way to show that he expects this all to be good fun.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby The Lone Assassin » July 23rd, 2006, 5:42 pm

..:: He looked at himself in the mirror once again and sighed, he hated to wear clothing that restricted his motions. He adjusted his blue traveling jacket to better cover his two short swords he had strapped behind his back in an X pattern; hilts just above his belt and tips towards the opposing shoulder. He flexed his arms and calves and felt the small throwing knives he had hidden. Finally after being satisfied with his weaponry, he put on a red wide brimmed hat, picked up his horn and walked out of his rented room ::..

..:: He walked through the patrons and out of the Golden Griffon and into a beautiful summer evening in the city of Cartes, the sun’s warm glow lit up the western skies, and he hated it. He was an assassin and his kind lived in shadows, not walk around in it as a common thug. He pushed his way through the crowd in the northern half of the entertainment district and headed south towards the Dancing Dryad. As with any established assassins, he had a network sources and clients, but something big was astir and no one knew anything other than the Dryad was busier than ever… and not with their show schedule ::..

..:: He appraised the staff entrance which was located in the back of the Dryad. The door was surrounded by showgirls on their breaks and the doorman was leaning back and flirting with a particularly cute blonde. Seeing no other staff, he left the side ally he was in and approached the doorway ::..

“… pay’s good, but I ‘eel like dars mo’ adventur’n in me life. Dats why I signed upped wit da Bos --"

“VICTOR, good to see you again.” The assassin addressed the doorman, interrupting the man’s attempt.

“Dirk..?” Victor looked up, the show girl glanced up, giggled and pranced back inside. Victor eyed the girl’s bossom as she frolicked inside. “Damnit! Ya got any idea ‘ow close I was? Do ya?”

“Sorry mate,” He lifted the horn for emphasis, “but they needed another horn I was called in.” Dirk extended his hand out to the doorman.

“Right… mo’ like ya call’d yo’self in” Victor clasped Dirk’s hand, shook it and pulled back the bills that were palmed. “Kast, ya bloody wanka’, git inside befo’ they catch ya”

..:: The Dancing Dryad was busy and very lively with the afternoon crowd leaving to go back to their unsuspecting wives and the evening patrons just arriving. Dirk hid his instrument and slipped out of the stage area unnoticed. He managed to find an empty table on the far side of the main entrance. He angled the chair so he could secretly watch the entrance, sat down and ordered a drink ::..

Last edited by The Lone Assassin on February 10th, 2007, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lone Assassin

Postby Frenzie » July 23rd, 2006, 7:38 pm

Frenzie stared into his mug thoughtfully. He had learned much in the few days he had been in town. There was little that could not be revealed with a flip of a gold coin or the flash of steel.

Tordek's voice seemed animated, almost giddy.

"Hunters you say? Fools - they should have known you would have retaliated. They were in the NOD? It's odd that. Perhaps they're new here..."

No, these men were certainly not new. They were the common street toughs that lingered in downtown alleys and started drunken brawls at the inns. The sort that would pickpocket their own grandmother if there was coin to be made. Their livelihood depended on petty crimes, and they scrambled at the sight of the Queen's guards and trembled at the thought of being thrown into the dungeons.

"I'm sure the animals will tell you if those poachers have come back though..."

The Ranger Network had already reported dozens of trespassings and the skinning of hundreds of protected animals. In each case, the same types of criminal grunts were responsible. Suddenly, they had abandoned their dogma of laying low and avoiding the authorities. There could only be one explanation...

Abruptly Frenzie realized that Tordek had stopped talking and was staring at him, awaiting a response. The Ranger cleared his throat and nodded.

"Yes, help would be good. Someone is indeed trying to move in--trying, and succeeding. The Entertainment District is bustling, Tordek. It is busier than ever. The black market is overflowing with weapons, stolen goods, poached skins, and 'dragon's leaf'...

My--err--'sources'--have confirmed that there is a new crime lord in town, great in wealth and wit, who has taken over. No one knows where he came from, or who he is. I couldn’t even get a name, much less a description... It seems we're dealing with a guy who is both elusive and powerful.

Pressing the sacred forests and attempting an assassination on the local mayor was a way to show that."

The Elf grimaced as an ornate dagger slid into his hand.

"But I don’t suppose he'll be around very long..."
Frenzie
RP Councillor

Postby Joe » July 23rd, 2006, 10:26 pm

Not but a few blocks away from the bathouse, Joe had taken a wrong turn. He was wandering, meditating, not paying attention to where he was going, and still less than familiar with the city. Trying to clear his mind in such a crowded city was always bothersome, but the feeling of London made it worse. He hated that city and all it stood for, and though it had taken him away from his world, he was thankful the portal took him out of that place. He hadn't realized that he had walked away from most of the sounds on the main street until he heard the clear footballs of men following him, with nothing to drown them out. He turned slowly to see who they were. In the shadows he could barely make them out, but he could see the glint of steel in each of their hands. Three of them, armed with daggers. The lead man spoke, "Your gold or your life."

Joe smiled. "Surely you fine gentlemen have more pressing matters than attacking an ambassador of Titan, when all my bodyguards are just around the corner," he bluffed.

"We don't care who you is," the man sneared, "you'll bleed the same as any other. An we been followin you for some time now, you aint got no guards, you just wanderin lost." With that the lead man lunged at Joe, a predictable stirke, but still more trained than the common street thug. Joe feigned backwards with the arc of the knife before his sudden strike to the man's forearm dislodged it from his grip.

Within a minute their leader was subdued and the other two men were laying on the ground out cold. The man didn't have much for answers, and nothing on him to reveal him to be anything more than a common thug. Still though, His boldness, and his abilities, kept a lingering thought in the back of Joe's mind.

The journey back to Cartes brought no more trouble for Joe, but did bring him news along the way of increasing robberies along the road. Though he never saw any, the accounts were more than enough to make him worry.

When he got back to the tavern a week later, Joe was in the process of seducing a more attractive blonde patron, when he overheard the mention of an attack in Lighthaven from the table behind him. Then he heard the name of his good friend Tharris. He turned to listen more closely, and recognized one of the men talking as Tordek, the mayor of LIghthaven, where he'd just been.

He waited for an opportunity to speak before interrupting, "Excuse me, I know we've never met before, but I'm Joe, I'm a new ambassador here in Titan. I couldn't help but overhearing part of your conversation. I heard you say something about an attack and mention my friend Tharris. Is he ok? I've heard rumors about increased crime along the road from here to Lighthaven, and in fact, a group of men tried to mug me when I was there last week."
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Tordek » July 24th, 2006, 2:23 am

Studying Frenzie's face, it was clear that there was both pain and sorrow in his eyes. Frenzie was here to aid his own causes, just as much as he was to help his friend. Tordek was glad though, glad to help, and to be there to aid his friend in his cause - whatever it may be.

Nodding slowly, his facial muscles instantly began to move, slowly folding into a frown. He too knew of the man Frenzie spoke of, and the recent activities in town. He had his hand in some of it, but that was something he was not readily about to admit, not even to Frenzie.

"His name? They simply call him 'the Boss'. Within a matter of weeks it he's grown, exploded even. I won't tell you that he's taken power, but he's pressing on some sensitive spots. Strangely though, no one really knows much. He's a ghost, but one that's come back to the land of the living. He's come out of thin air. Some outsider..."

Grinning, he leans back a bit, but keeps his forearm on the table.

"Long? No. Though I don't like it, I must admit he has style, and certainly skill. Still, my verdict...vengeance."

Twisting his flagon. He looks to Frenzie. The ranger's eyes seem to pierce through whatever they are set upon like daggers. They almost turn cold with a silent rage as an unfamiliar voice begins to speak. The loud and boisterous new ambassador, Joseph was at their table.

"Just been robbed, eh? That's not surprising. Telling them that you're a Titan ambassador. You look like you've escaped from the Circus! Ah pull up a table. Oh, just don't let Curulan know you can't handle yourself. It'll make us look bad."
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby Tharris » July 24th, 2006, 3:40 am

*Tharris, after having spent the entire day taking inventory of the armory, was hungry. Looking up from his papers his friend Frost was laying there on the other side of the room sprawled across the floor knawing on a piece of leather, figures Tharris thought to himself. Yes it was time for dinner, he finished up his calculations as to what was needed where and closed his books.*

"Let's go get some grub." He said to Frost.

*Standing he grabbed his trademark forest green cloak off the back of the chair he had been sitting in and stretched out his legs before leaving his office and heading out of the armory, followed by Frost.*

"What sounds good tonight?" Tharris asked after hearing a low grumble which he couldn't tell whether it came from Frost's mouth or stomach... "Roast turkey? Yeah, that sounds like a plan." With that they both headed off to the Tavern.

*Tharris walked through the town, his cloak brushing the ground as he stepped conceiling the dual scimitars that everyone knew he carried but none cared much, cheerfuly greeting any whose path he happened to cross along the way; however awkward it might be he tried to maintain a regal facade. Although he had been in Titan living and working in town for almost a year now, he had been a traveler living off the land all by his lonesome for nearly a century. It was still not something he was used to, the constant civil interaction with others, although he was quickly adapting and learning how to react to various situations it was still a conscious effort for him as for others it seemed to be second nature.*

*Upon reaching the Golden Griffon, their regular place to eat, Tharris and Frost entered Tharris stepped up to the bar and ordered a 2 glasses of water and a meal with an extra turkey leg in a bowl as well. Quickly looking around not really paying attention he found an empty table and sat with Frost sitting next to him. Drinking his water he waited while discussing random matters and possibilities with his friend. Most of the time these were onesided conversations, Tharris mainly had them to hear himself think, it helped him sometimes. The waitress brought out their food and then left after eyeing Frost. Tharris tossed the extra leg to Frost who proptly caught it and began eating and he himself began to eat as well. Noticing Frost still hadn't taken a drink of water Tharris poured it into the bowl and set it on the ground making it easier for him to reach, wolves can drink from a bowl easier than from a glass. Then he went back to eating his well deserved dinner.*
tharris (lots of them) of Titan

AIM: hawkeyebp
E-mail: hawkeyebkp@gmail.com
Tharris
DC Councillor

Postby Joe » July 24th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Joe smiled big, a circus? Well, it did take people awhile to get used to his attire around here.

"Oh, they didn't succeed in robbing me, even unarmed and a little tipsy I took care of them with no problem. What bothered me about it though, was even though they were no match for me, they did seem much better trained than the average street trash," he said as he pulled up a chair and sat down. Then remembering the girl he was flirting with, he turned back, "Sorry honey, looks like I might have some official business to attend to." He reached out for her hand, "Another time I hope," he kissed it softly and let go, leaving a perfectly formed blue-white flower slightly glowing at its edges in her hand.

"So my new friends, what can I do to help?"
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby The Lone Assassin » July 25th, 2006, 5:24 pm

..:: Two acts had passed, an elf-themed burlesque act and then a more explicit number involving some very flexible dancing dames. The dancing act had just finished, the applauding was starting to die down when Dirk noticed the blonde that Victor was flirting with, walking towards him. He applauded casually with the audience, then he turned his attention on the blonde. She was wearing a very low cut white blouse with a green skirt that had a cut that went up to her hip, revealing her entire left leg when she stepped with it. ::..

..:: The blonde walked up to Dirk’s table and started to open her mouth, but then quickly closed it as her glance shifted around nervously ::..

“What can I do for you?” Dirk asked first.

“Some… someone wan-ants to talk to you….”

“There no reason to be nervous my dear, I don’t bite.” Dirk winked.

“Ple-please follow me” the lady offered her hand.

Dirk accepted her hand, “of course my dear.”

..:: Something was going on, this girl wasn’t new at the Dryad so taking a patron up to one of the private rooms wasn’t new to her. Obviously that wasn’t what was happening. Dirk continued to play stupid and put his left arm around the girl as she led him back towards the backstage area. He casually put his right hand on his hip, allowing quicker access to his blade ::..

..:: After a few minutes of snaking through the backstage crowd, Dirk found himself back at the door from which he fad entered. He was about to question the blonde when she pushed him out of the open doorway ::..

..:: The door locked behind him but that was the least of his worries. Victor wasn't there, instead a lean, pale man clutching a rolled up partchment stood smirking at Dirk. He stood about two meters tall, with a balding, white, yet very well kept hair. He wore a very fine, all black suit with a trench jacket, he could have easily been caryying multiple blades ::..

"Mr. Kast, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Morgan and I am here representing my emplo--"

..:: Dirk's left hand flew from his side and towards the man's neck, he flicked his wrist and a dagger was ejected from his wrist sheath. He stopped his motion, just as the blade was about to make contact ::..

"Tell me why I shouldn't kill you for inturpting my evening" Kast let out in a harsh wisper.

"My employer happens to be the man you have been looking for," Morgan didn't even skip a beat. His precing, black, beady eyes widened.

"He is interested in your services but before he hires you," he handed Dirk the papers "Complete that hit before the fourth night. When you have, return here and go in through the front door, I'll find you."

..:: The door was unlocked from the inside as if on cue. Morgan walked in as the door closed behind him. Dirk walked away from the Dryad, he now had a hit to complete ::..

Last edited by The Lone Assassin on February 10th, 2007, 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Lone Assassin

Postby Guest » July 25th, 2006, 10:16 pm

-Dissatisfied with Master Koruko's speed in bringing Titan to negotiation tables Yasuyoshi has a schooner sent to retrieve him. Yasuyoshi's orders on the boat were written hastily but with great precision by the Imperial Scribe as Yasuyoshi walked briskly down a lesser pathway of the Imperial Gardens.

"Master Koruku," it read, "I am pleased to inform you that your services in Titan are no longer necessary. It is the Imperial Will that you shall return with your family to the Glorious lands of Shangala. A ship is being procured as you read this for your safe travels. Grace be with you and the Imperial Lord."

The wax stamp was pressed quickly and the scroll was placed within a locked chest, that only Master Koruko had the key. Yasuyoshi turned to the scribe before sending him to the ships and revised his orders.

"By Shangala's will you shall write the same note to all diplomats stationed within Titan's borders, send runners on ships before my departure to hasten contact with Tordek, Curulan or any of Titan's leadership with whom my time is not wasted. Tell the sailors, we set out at sunset. Ensure that Hanzo is aboard the ship with me, and tell his preparedness will aid the Empire."

The scribe bowed deeply before whisking himself away.

________

The moon sat lazily in the starlit sky as Yasuyoshi pored over the logs of diplomatic relations between Shangala and Titan. The merchants in Titan ports had been understandably anxious at the site of Shangalese ships sailed into port over the past several months. Instead Shangalean merchants had been going through third party merchants and taking low profits. Yasuyoshi knew that Titan was interested in increasing commerce within their lands, and he knew that removing the middle men would guarantee better profits for both nations.

_______

Yasuyoshi had told the captain to make the most direct route possible, time was of an essence, not comfort. The course plotted had the ship docking at some relatively minor port. Cartes. It sounded like a port full of brigands and thugs, a waste of flesh, and a waste of space. Yasuyoshi was unconcerned as he would be departing the city to a more noble destination immediately. The knowledge that he had a detachment of 20 of the Vanguard of the Silver Arrow with him allayed some worry also.

_______

Yasuyoshi is awoken from his light sleep by the scribe.

"Lord Tokuma, we have just docked at Cartes, the runners have departed already and your carraige is ready and we have rented a suite in Cartes' nicest hotel, though it is not Shangala, it should suffice."

"Thank you, you've done well."

Yasuyoshi rose and began pulling his robes on, preparing himself to greet the land he so recently tried to conquer.-

Postby Tordek » July 31st, 2006, 4:42 am

A few words in a long lost elven language linger in the air for only an instant: long enough though for Tordek to let out a chuckle.

"Don't like his style do you, huh? I agree. I don't know what the women have with him though. He's a walking venereal disease. Eh, Joe - someone up there made you an Ambassador, huh? They must see something in you.

Truth be told though, I don't know you too well. I don't know you, or your buddy over there."

Squinting over at Tharris he soaks in the site of the wolf and owner feeding him dutifully.

"You're both green. Ah hell though, if we die, we might as well all die together right? No sense in getting a knife to the back without a few people to at least watch huh?

..Eh, I'm not being morbid, you old bastard."

Teasing Frenzie he lodges him a friendly jab to the rib with his elbow. Soon though Tordek's visage changes and he becomes both solemn in tone and demeanor.

"Joe - gather Tharris, and another or two. I want someone who can use a sword though. And someone who can also keep their mouth shut. That means no damn wizards, unless his name is Azrael. In that case...bah! Him neither. He's not stealing my fun with his diplomacy."

Nodding to Frenzie, the two stand, and depart the tavern in a decisive manner, bordering on mysterious and also rude.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby Joe » August 2nd, 2006, 2:41 am

Well that was a bit odd, but then, from what he'd heard abour Tordek, he wasn't your usual cat. Joe sat and thought for a minute before getting up and approaching Tharris.

"Well my friend, it seems I've gotten myself into the thick of things again." he said, smiling as he approached Tharris' table. Sitting down, he proceeded to explain about being mugged, and the conversation he had just had with Tordek, and his strangely silent friend. ... "So what do you say? Would you care to help me out? I'm curious as to what this adventure is," he leaned back and propped his feet up on the table, awaiting his friend's response.
Joe
DC Councillor

Next

Return to Palace Rantings