Damn it all to hell! Dune's character sheet.

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Damn it all to hell! Dune's character sheet.

Postby Airman » July 15th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Since having my vocabulary forcibly knocked out of me over the last year, I decided I would never RP again. Ever. Well I'm really bad at following my own decisions so without further ado - Dune returns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. Common Name

Tiha al solil - known as Dune.

B. Full Title and Rank

Former commander of lighthaven keep. Lord of the sea. Head tinkerer at Dune's workshop.

C. Race

Human / Al Bhed

D. Magical Affinity

Innate - Water

E. Military Division/Rank

Inventor - No rank currently assigned.

F. Character Overview

Dune is a bumbling fool. We need to get that out of the way first, his focused mind is set to accomplishing one singular task at a time with skillful precision, once asked to multitask he makes a mess of everything more often than not culminating in an explosion of some sort.

Fortunately he is able to become a fierce combatant due to an unfortunate event which left him soul bound to a sea dragon by the name of Leviathan. Though the bond is not as strong as it used to be in tense situations the dragon will take over, essentially turning the clumsy inventor into a whole different person.

G. Ability

Dune's skill with machine's is unrivaled, the technology produced at Dune's workshop is a century beyond anything else seen due to the introduction of strong water magic into otherwise mundane designs. His greatest feat to this day is a steam powered airship renamed the Steel Dragon after the water dragon Gezeit who acts as the ships power plant.

During combat Dune is a second rate knife fighter, capable of holding his own against mortals, but failing against the more powerful breeds seen this day and age.

Once threatened however, his true nature reveals itself in what is referred to as "dragon form". The dragon soul within him awakens, allowing complex water magic to be rendered, as well as incredible feets of speed. Combined with his usual trickery this produces a first class fighter, feared by many.

H. Physiology

Dune is a very unimposing man. He stands at a dwarfish 5'5 and weighs roughly 120lbs. With a physique best described as "wirey" few people would expect any sort of combat action from him.

Despite these physical shortcomings he is incredibly resilient, his body possesses advanced health systems that most humans couldn't comprehend. The majority of the body is made up of water and every molecule within the inventor acts intelligently. If he is wounded, there will be a cessation of blood flow to the area, potentially disabling a body part, but limiting the effect of the wound.

I. History

Dune's history is long and convuluted. I have no time for this right now but will edit it in shortly.

J. Mannerisms

A boisterous drinker, unlucky gambler and chain smoker to boot, Dune come's off as an ordinary bar fly. He observes crowds more than he interacts with them however, soaking in every minute detail. A throwback to his days as a spy (ended due to his lack of skill in the area), selling information to whatever army would pay the most to finance his business.

In combat he tends to be a follower, more than a leader, though intelligent he would rather not have the burden of command fall onto his slim shoulders.

K. Properties of Choice

A combat knife full of tricks is Dune's primary weapon. It's handguard contains detachable poisoned spikes, and the hilt is loaded with a detachable vaccume pack, capable of delivering a cloud of toxins into an opponents face.

His secondary weapon is a small caliber pepperbox revolver he calls "outsider". Unlike most pepperbox revolvers this one contains a rifled barrel for extreme accuracy over long distances. The small rounds fired from it will not pierce shields or armor however and only cause minimal damage.

Strapped to his back are two other weapons, only used in dragon form. A long silver trident, missing the center tine (A bident if you will ^.^) and a razor edged wakizashi with extreme cutting power. This sword contains a few unique properties owing to the fact that it was once a vessel of the very dragon which now lies dormant inside the inventor.

His uniform is scattered with many small pockets, containing tricks of the trade such as explosive powders, corrosive chemicals, minor magical artifacts, deadly poisons. All of which may be assembled into a tool of destruction in the midst of combat.

L. Sociology

Depending on the circumstances Dune will always present a different face. When things are rough he'll usually come out laughing, when things are calm he'll probably stir up trouble. He is the looming clouds on a sunny day, the glimmer of sunlight in a storm.

He creates chaos wherever he goes, because he refuses to follow the usual order of things. This makes him hard to read, and in a lot of circumstances hard to like.
The sea was red and the sky was grey, wondered how tommorow could ever follow today.
Airman

Postby Zuka Zamamee » July 15th, 2006, 5:31 pm

*Gasp*

He returns!
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Cheshire » July 15th, 2006, 8:42 pm

crap... he's back... :?

:P

(erhm... now i must find that translator for al-heb or what ever it was called)
Last edited by Cheshire on July 15th, 2006, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*DC Name: Cheshire3 (send all mail & packages there)*

(Personal List Records)
Fame: #6 - 30k (2/22/09)
Skill: #4 - 23k (12/12/08)
Guild: #6 (2/15/10)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby Curulan » July 15th, 2006, 10:19 pm

Please note, "former" positions are not ranks. :p
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Guest » July 16th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Naturally. I also put no rank assigned. It's not entirely uncommon for current military officers to place their former ranks on their personnel file however.

The former commander of the 56th medical wing actually has listed "Former commander of the 56th medical wing LAFB" in addition to "commander of the 619th medical wing WPAFB"

Just where I got the idea from.

Postby Airman » July 16th, 2006, 4:59 pm

[Dune edit: I need to learn to log in]
The sea was red and the sky was grey, wondered how tommorow could ever follow today.
Airman

Postby Curulan » July 17th, 2006, 10:00 pm

I can understand that, but not here. ;) Stuff like that could go in your history, though. :)
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Tordek » July 18th, 2006, 2:27 am

Comments/concerns from me:

Dune's affinity to water, the bonding of the Leviathan to his soul (how and why the circumstances arose) needs to be explained in a considerable amount of detail. I say this not to criticize you, but in an effort to establish a believable world. We as a whole need to end the days of everyone having dragon form and having elemental powers that rival the creation of the cosmos.

Secondly, the inhuman immune system that is greatly hightened, and most molecules of Dune's body being composed of water:

If this was the case, Dune would not be too stable. A body like that would never be able to support itself, and would just collapse into a puddle. Not to mention evaporate.

The rest looks good. I'd like to visit this again when you get your history written up.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby Airman » July 18th, 2006, 8:43 pm

Erm...actually, simply anatomy. A great deal of all creatures bodies are composed of water. Water exists in every tissue, and fluid within the body which comprises the majority of our volume (though not our mass).

All scientific reasoning in this day and age states that anywhere from 65-80% of a human body is water, depending on age.

If I ever attempt anything vaguely medical again I will assuredly present it in greater detail, more than likely citing the College of American Pathologists. As of late the only thing I ever do is work in a medical lab and study medical text books, it is unfair to imagine the same kind of understanding out of someone who has not been trained in the field.

Dune's current physiological workings are a fairly new concept, one that probably has rarely been explored. Our bodies are truly wonderful things, the cells within it capable of a myriad of things which may be considered unnatural. I'm using my working knowledge of cytology and love of fantasy to imagine what would happen if the cells all acted with an intelligence rivaling human beings. It's cheap, it makes him very difficult to destroy, but I do have scientific reasoning to back it, which is more than can be said for about 95% of the RP world nowwadays.

Also, this thing was rushed. Terribly rushed. I don't own a computer so I have to squeeze in this sort of thing when the library computers are opened, therefore I could not write down a detailed history. The whole Dune/Leviathan thing was done through a few months of RP, not upon the characters conception (Originally Dune was quite simply a human). It has been explored quite greatly, that is to say dozens of pages went into it's creation, I must apologize for not having the time to give you a brief synopsis of those events as of this moment.
Airman

Postby Dune refusing to log in » July 20th, 2006, 10:22 pm

A few more ideas regarding Dune's body.

1 - Nakedness. You know you want it.

2 - Thicker skin, most cells are comprised of a cell wall containing among other things peptidoglycan and ... water! By beefing up the cell wall within the cells comprising his skin(constricting water molecules, creating a thicker and more durable surface) Dune could in effect become armored, while not even wearing armor.

This could either be widespread, or centralized to allow easier movement of his body (after all, rigid joints don't move too well).

Downside. All cells contain a certain osmotic pressure, if you upset this balance by adding too much water they swell until they lyse. Conceivably someone else capable of manupulating water could cause his skin to explode very easily.

Whenever I get bored at work (often) I think about things like this, how to make a better, more realistically magically RP character. The science behind this one is shaky, I haven't given it enough thought. If I try hard enough to imagine the consequences I will ammend my bio.
Dune refusing to log in

Postby Joe » July 21st, 2006, 12:04 am

ok, I'll only say this once... it's effing magic. it doesn't have to make sense. obviously the magical properties of mana or whatever the frick we use these days can change the properties of mundane tissue to be super cooler to not burst and so on and so forth. if you try to explain it, you take away it's coolness and people will just find more reasons why it will/will not work and really, who cares? is it cool? yeah? effing do it then. unless it's god modding, then, well, you are a pathetic excuse for a human if you god mod.

the end

joe
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Zuka Zamamee » July 21st, 2006, 1:29 pm

*Agrees with Joe...for once*
My Signature

I enter your soul

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Dune - what's my password » July 21st, 2006, 7:02 pm

You see, RP has never been about hurling magic spells for me. It's been a fun little experiment to inject my personal life into a fantasy setting.

When my arm was hurt during work (and damn near paralyzed) Dune lost an arm (later grown back by Domarr in a tragic accident), I love to swim, I love water, that's what transformed a character rooted in the desert into a water magician. This character is me, the height (actually Dune is a few inches shorter than me, but I slouch *shrug*) the eyes, the hair, the personality, the firearms it's all me.

So recently I got tossed into becoming a Clinical laboratory scientist by the big blue machine, my experiments at work (I get bored, mess around) are rivaled by Dune's own personal experiments. I need to test the legitamacy of the character because I need something to keep me from falling asleep at work, see?
Dune - what's my password

Postby Zuka Zamamee » July 21st, 2006, 7:05 pm

Works for me.
My Signature

I enter your soul

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Joe » July 22nd, 2006, 12:09 am

sure, I mean, Joe is in essence, me. That drawing in my sig, yeah, that's supposed to be me, sort of. My hair isn't that long anymore. In fact, I think I'm getting a mowhawk soon. But yeah, I try to play my personality and such and, well, hell, my name's Joe. ::shifty eyes::
Joe
DC Councillor

Next

Return to Palace Rantings