Leotheras' character sheet

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Leotheras' character sheet

Postby Leotheras » August 24th, 2008, 6:53 pm

I. General Information

A. Name
Leotheras Duskfire

B. Race
Human

C. Gender
Male

D. Age

E. Alignment
Chaotic Neutral

F. Occupation
Former slave
Mage-in-training

G. Home
Unknown

II. Overview

A. Appearance
At first, Leotheras would pass off as an unassuming male human. But on second glance, one would notice the blindfold covering the man's empty eye sockets and the scars left behind by the dagger. Besides the obvious lack of eyes, nothing else distinguishes him unique besides his flowing, unkempt scarlet hair.

B. Personality
After living a harsh life as a slave, followed by a nomadic lifestyle, distrusted and shunned upon by society, he has turned cold and distant towards others. Slow to trust and slower to make friends.

C. Important Others
None

E. Weapons & Items
Staff - An ordinary oak staff, five feet in length, and bears no enchantments

III. Ability

A. Non-magical
None

B. Magical
Leotheras' vision is.....unique. After his eyes were gouged out, his affinity to the arcane has granted him a replacement sight. Living creatures are visible as dimly glowing forms against a gray, murky background that is the environment. However, arcane energy blazes like burning pitch in the night, allowing him to identify magical objects and spells very quickly.

C. Strengths
Since Leotheras is able to "see" magic, he is able to identify the source of it (ie, the spellcaster) and the type of magic (ie, fire). If properly trained to use this ability, it is likely that Leotheras can counter the spell much faster than most mages would be able to (due in part to the recognition of the school of magic).

D. Weaknesses
Blind - Leotheras physically lacks eyes after they had been gouged out. Obviously, he cannot see colors and has a difficult time distinguishing objects
Magic - Though he has an unexplainable affinity with the arcane, he currently does not know how to cast spells

IV. History
Born into slavery 26 years ago as an only child and owned by a ruthless brute of a noble named Marko Sunrunner, Leotheras' position in society was anything but enviable. Ever since his earliest memories, Leo can recall numerous occassions when Marko would beat him and his family senseless for no other reason than to hear their cries. However, the young boy would never cry out in pain, despite the fury of Marko's wrath and demands that he beg for mercy. When Leo answered him with only a stare, the noble finally lost his temper and used his dagger to gouge out the young boy's eyes.

After losing his eyes, Leo secluded himself from everyone, but still refused to give Marko the satisfaction of hearing him cry in pain when the beatings came. Over time, Leo began to realize that he could "see" again, though it was far from his real sight (see Magical for description).

At the age of twenty, Leo's father laid in his death bed, and he finally told him the reason for their miserable existance.

His family had been taken prisoner by the Sunrunner's armies while he was still in his mother's womb. The Sunrunners, who were hellbent on capturing, torturing, and eventually executing humans who affiliated themselves with elves and dwarves, spared Leo's parents their lives in return that they be slaves. At first, this agreement had seemed reasonable, until they had learned far too late that Marko, patriarch of the Sunrunner family, would be using them to vent his fury. Marko had lost many uncles, brothers, cousins, and nephews from the war, and would channel this anger by beating Leo and his family senseless.

At the age of 24, a year after his mother lost the will to continue living, Leo had had enough with this miserable existance. Slipping into his master's home, which was forbidden to him and his family, he used his extraordinary sense of hearing to locate Marko (who had a chronic snoring problem). He then found the whip that Marko had used countless times to beat him and his family, and snuck over to the bed.

Revenge was finally at hand.

Wrapping the leather whip around his master's throat and throttling his neck, Marko suddenly awoke and struggled to get free. It was futile. Leo screamed, cursed, and yelled incoherantly at his frightened master, until the brute's thrashing was reduced to twitching, then stillness.

His family had been avenged.

From there, Leo has wandered aimlessly, looking for a place to call "home", which has led him to here...
Leotheras

Re: Leotheras' character sheet

Postby Curulan » August 24th, 2008, 11:19 pm

The character itself looks interesting. I like the fact that he has an innate understand of things magical without necessarily being able to use magic.

However, if you want the character to be considered for our official RPs in the future, you might want to reformat this to fit with the structure of our character bios.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby boywonder » August 25th, 2008, 1:28 am

Once you've done that, if you like (and plan on sticking around RPing for a while) I can post your char sheet in our Wiki. I like the way your char sees, I'd love to see what his vision would show of BW.

My friends all call me old scratch and I am a Capricorn
My turn ons are romantic walks and killing the unborn
boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby Leotheras » August 25th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Thanks! ^_^ And here's the edited version:

A. Common Name
Leotheras Duskfire

B. Full Title and Rank
Leotheras Duskfire

C. Race
Human

D. Magical Alignment
Water

E. Military Division/Rank
Civilian

F. Character Overview
A former slave with an unexplainable "gift" to see into the arcane, Leotheras is an outcast of society, shunned by many who do not trust magic. Since Leotheras is able to "see" magic, he is able to identify the source of it (ie, the spellcaster) and the type of magic (ie, fire). If he were properly trained to use this ability, it is likely that Leotheras can counter the spell much faster than most mages would be able to (due in part to the instant recognition of the school of magic).

However, Leotheras cannot see colors and has a difficult time distinguishing objects, as they blend into the background. Though he has an unexplainable affinity with the arcane, he currently does not know how to cast spells.

G. Ability
Leotheras' vision is.....unique. After his eyes were gouged out, his affinity to the arcane has granted him a replacement sight. Living creatures are visible as dimly glowing forms against a gray, murky background that is the environment. However, arcane energy blazes like burning pitch in the night, allowing him to identify magical objects and spells very quickly. Listed below are the corresponding colors to energies:

Light
Shadow
Fire
Earth
Air
Water
Void

H. Physiology
At first, Leotheras would pass off as an unassuming male human. But on second glance, one would notice the blindfold covering the man's empty eye sockets and the scars left behind by the dagger. Besides the obvious lack of eyes, nothing else distinguishes him unique besides his flowing, unkempt scarlet hair.

I. History
Born into slavery 26 years ago as an only child and owned by a ruthless brute of a noble named Marko Sunrunner, Leotheras' position in society was anything but enviable. Ever since his earliest memories, Leo can recall numerous occassions when Marko would beat him and his family senseless for no other reason than to hear their cries. However, the young boy would never cry out in pain, despite the fury of Marko's wrath and demands that he beg for mercy. When Leo answered him with only a stare, the noble finally lost his temper and used his dagger to gouge out the young boy's eyes.

After losing his eyes, Leo secluded himself from everyone, but still refused to give Marko the satisfaction of hearing him cry in pain when the beatings came. Over time, Leo began to realize that he could "see" again, though it was far from his real sight (see Ability for description).

At the age of twenty, Leo's father laid in his death bed, and he finally told him the reason for their miserable existance.

His family had been taken prisoner by the Sunrunner's armies while he was still in his mother's womb. The Sunrunners, who were hellbent on capturing, torturing, and eventually executing humans who affiliated themselves with elves and dwarves, spared Leo's parents their lives in return that they be slaves. At first, this agreement had seemed reasonable, until they had learned far too late that Marko, patriarch of the Sunrunner family, would be using them to vent his fury. Marko had lost many uncles, brothers, cousins, and nephews from the war, and would channel this anger by beating Leo and his family senseless.

At the age of 24, a year after his mother lost the will to continue living, Leo had had enough with this miserable existance. Slipping into his master's home, which was forbidden to him and his family, he used his extraordinary sense of hearing to locate Marko (who had a chronic snoring problem). He then found the whip that Marko had used countless times to beat him and his family, and snuck over to the bed.

Revenge was finally at hand.

Wrapping the leather whip around his master's throat and throttling his neck, Marko suddenly awoke and struggled to get free. It was futile. Leo screamed, cursed, and yelled incoherantly at his frightened master, until the brute's thrashing was reduced to twitching, then stillness.

His family had been avenged.

From there, Leo has wandered aimlessly, looking for a place to call "home", which has led him to here...

J. Mannerisms
Given his background, it is not surprising that Leotheras searches for ulterior motives and hidden agendas behind everyone's movements. This suspicion makes it very difficult for him to trust or for others to get to know him.

K. Properties of Choice
Staff - An ordinary oak staff, five feet in length, and bears no enchantments

L. Sociology
After living a harsh life as a slave, followed by a nomadic lifestyle, distrusted and shunned upon by society, he has turned cold and distant towards others. He is slow to trust and slower to make friends.
Last edited by Leotheras on September 5th, 2008, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leotheras

Postby jadewik » August 27th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Short, sweet... and to the point. I like it. It seems to match every Titan RP standard we've set up nicely. Great job. The only suggestion I have would be to describe what your character generally wears... but that's of no consequence unless he's being drawn. *whistles...*

... and, as an aside, a while ago I drew a "blind bowman" for someone. It might work for your character 'till you can find something more fitting. =)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/jadewik/Art/BowString.jpg
Clan Titan:
Role-Play Characters: carnelianfire & Ebon-Ashe

Posted Artwork Shared Under Creative Commons
Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Leotheras » August 31st, 2008, 4:15 am

Thank you Jade. ^_^ And I'm working on finding a picture, but there aren't many blind people in robes wearing a blindfold. >.<;;

I guess the one you had drawn could suffice for now. Would you be able to draw me another if I gave you the description? ^_^

And as a final note, does this mean my charrie is able to RP here now?
Leotheras

Postby Curulan » August 31st, 2008, 12:33 pm

You can always roleplay in this forum. Palace Rantings is open to all for free-form roleplaying. The Grand Hall will be for the "restricted" RPs.

The reason the RP Council "approves" character sheets is because we are working on a unified settings for "official" RPs which will dictate the clan's story and history. In order to make sure it stays fair to all, we will limit that to characters we have looked at critically and made sure they fit in with the rest of the setting and are fair to the other players involved.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby jadewik » September 4th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Leotheras wrote:I guess the one you had drawn could suffice for now. Would you be able to draw me another if I gave you the description? ^_^

If you don't mind a potentially long wait, I could draw your character for you. =)

I require clothing description and something about your character's disposition and what kinds of things you could see him doing.
Clan Titan:
Role-Play Characters: carnelianfire & Ebon-Ashe

Posted Artwork Shared Under Creative Commons
Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Return to Palace Rantings