Notes: Worlds and Wars

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Notes: Worlds and Wars

Postby GameMaster » February 23rd, 2008, 12:19 pm

I've made this thread to explain my basic rules for Worlds and Wars, which I will probably be creating in a few days, as soon as one or two people reply to my requests. If you have questions, either post here or pm me.

First of all, I am the GameMaster. That means that what I say, goes. If I say that your world-destroying power is too strong, then it's two strong. If I say that one of my NPC's hits you from behind and knocks you out, then you are knocked out (to be fair, even in a situation like that I will determine your chance of reacting and roll a die: if it succeeds, you get to react. If it doesn't, then you get hit).
Second of all, I will be making numerous characters that you haven ever heard of and who have never roleplayed (at least here) and who are VERY strong sometimes, or have abilities that you have not delt with before and do not think should be possible. Well, tough. It's not supposed to be easy. When you have a GM then there is a possibility of failing, because the GM doesn't have a vested interest in saving your butts like the creator usually does.
Third of all, this is in another world/dimension/universe/whatever. If you want to join at the beginning, this is made possible due to plot. If you want to join later, then you must pm me or post OCC in the thread so that I can create a way for you to get in. No just "popping" in, because that's not possible.
Finally, I am the GameMaster. Yeah, I know I already said it, but I want to re-iterate; I decide everything outside of what you yourself do. If my uber-golem brushes off your flame-burst, he does it. If he then proceeds to hit you in the face with a metallic arm that weighs more than you do and it sends you flying backwards, then that's what happens.

Oh, also; In DC roleplay's magic tends to get over-played. At high levels magic IS more powerful than physical force, but there are plenty of disadvantages that go along with it, such as being pretty feeble, slow, and only being to cast so many times a day. Do not expect your fireball to totaly destroy a castle-wall, or to eradicate half a dozen guards-men. You'll hurt them, certainly, but hope to hell that your melee buddies are there to slice 'em up or you are screwed (of course, the difference between a high level fighter and a high level wizard is that the fighter goes into a fight, and if he doesn't kill everything, he dies, while a wizard either kills everything or just teleports away when everything goes bad. **** wizards).
And for the purposes of the story, none of you are gods or super-powerful. If it was DND you'd be between lvl 12 and lvl 7. IF you want to join.
More details... soon. Ish.

Addition One

It is now up!
Put an OCC comment in your first post that has a link to your profile. I will then tell you that your profile does not give enough information, and make you change it. And no, I will not read your history. No, not even if it's 4 pages long. Especially not if it's 4 pages long.
GameMaster

Postby Carzal » February 27th, 2008, 10:46 pm

New Information:
Rather than using my GM account to, well, GM, I will be using the Carzal account.
Secondly, please post your character profile in your first post as an OOC comment. This is to help me understand your strengths, weaknesses and personality. James, you do not have to, I read Crom's bio.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby James » March 5th, 2008, 7:40 pm

Ok Carz, since it seems nobody else wants to rp this thing going on, I'll just keep on trucking and we can flush out a sweet scenario together.

Seems to be the best thing I can do these days anyway :P
James
RP Councillor

Postby Ominous » March 5th, 2008, 8:27 pm

Okay, okay, I'm ready. I'm posting in a minute, let me just read everything. :P
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby James » March 5th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Ominous! <3
James
RP Councillor

Postby Carzal » March 5th, 2008, 11:57 pm

Yeah, I'ma smack him with a gun. WITH SPIKES ON!

...like a fox?

except that he DID post. So where is my brains?

edit:

also, i'ma gonna beat ominous with a terry pratchett book if he doesn't post.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby James » April 8th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been posting, I've been really busy with a lot of crap. I can't exactly do a post at the moment but I do promise I will get one later up today, whether in the next hour and a half or about 6 hours from now.

Whee.

Yeah, that didn't work. I'll see what I can do today.
James
RP Councillor

Postby James » April 12th, 2008, 2:54 am

Yay, I posted! I'm sorry that took me so long, guys. I'll try to be more cordial in the future.
James
RP Councillor

Postby boywonder » April 12th, 2008, 7:41 pm

right. made a slight edit. so we are going to do the post order this way:

gm
carz
om
james
bw

am i correct?

My friends all call me old scratch and I am a Capricorn
My turn ons are romantic walks and killing the unborn
boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby Carzal » May 5th, 2008, 10:46 pm

as Om has said, there isn't much for him so say, but still say it anyways, just to keep cohesion. Pwease?
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby James » May 6th, 2008, 6:43 pm

Shouldn't it be BW after Om? it's how he came into the RP so why not keep it that way?
James
RP Councillor

Postby Carzal » May 7th, 2008, 2:54 pm

just... post anyways. it doesn't really matter, does it?
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby boywonder » May 7th, 2008, 3:17 pm

*shrugs at carzal*

i just don't know which way i want to kill him...

lol j/k james. but since i was the LAST person to enter the rp in general then i go LAST in posting. so go!

boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby boywonder » May 9th, 2008, 1:56 am

OOC: before this gets too in depth... before you post that you know i'm a vampire, read that i purposefully hid everything about me. and i have my char sheet on the titan wiki, so go there and read up as to why it would be a bit of a hard one to figure that out (though i would say that the old man from outer space would know, as he's not bound by mana and otherwise has hand first hand contact on many occasions with vampires). in case you're confused, or if you don't want to waste time reading my whole sheet - BW isn't a vampire. BW is a werewolf. He's a masterfully CREATED version of both. BW was created in the VOID plane. Means he can't use magic, ever, but then again, magic doesn't work against him. before you freak, Carz and i had a chat about implications in a whole other plane, but we'll delve into that later. so basically, if you smell blood - that's valid. but where it is from, why, or that it would be used in a certain way, not so much. there's a reason BW is keeping everything under wraps IC, so don't ruin it for him ;)

edit: Om, i found your char sheet, if you want it to be done, i can see about putting it onto the wiki. if you'd like. carz - i already know first hand you pain-in-the-@ss fire monkey, but yeah, i'm looking it over anyways. James - where's yours? i read the one about the reverse-werewolf, but if you are part dragon/draconian, where is that one? i don't know if i'm just not looking at something right or can't read, but i'm lost...

boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby James » May 9th, 2008, 2:50 am

http://clantitan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2212

I should have read over your char sheet before I started posting. My apologies, I will do so soon.
James
RP Councillor

Next

Return to Palace Rantings