Thievery (open RP)

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Postby James » August 8th, 2007, 4:25 am

Picaboo didn't have to speak for long before Georg steadied himself. Now that he knew he wouldn't have someone expecting him to come back to visit, he didn't have to worry about the nagging feeling he hated having when he was younger. It always annoying him to have others forcing their expectations on you.

"That's neat." Suddenly, the girl faded into view in front of him and his face brightened with passive recognition. "You don't necessarily have to. I usually see things by hearing them anyways, so the quicker I get used to finding you without my eyes the better." Georg's expression slid into a nonchalant stare at Picaboo. It wasn't meant to be unnerving, it was meant to mask the emotion he accidentally invoked by letting loose one of his many flaws. He wondered if he should just share them all, especially considering that she was dead and wasn't likely to consort with others often. He mentally shrugged, deciding not to care after all but his emotionless look stayed.

"What do you want to do now? I'm kind of bored." Georg yawned, scratching his curvy ears and hair.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » August 8th, 2007, 4:44 am

Confusion took over her for a moment when he said he saw through hearing, affecting her just as if it was any other emotion. She didn’t press for answers on that because of the look he had but said what she needed. “That’s good, that I don’t have to that is, but I will when I’m able to without struggling.”

She shrugged at his question. “I’m curious but I don’t want to know." Her next words snapped out a bit, "That doesn’t mean I want not to.”

“Will you tell me please?” Her voice showed just how curious she was. It was neat that he was different like she was, whichever way he was strange.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 8th, 2007, 4:56 am

Drat. Now she was pushing for answers.

The boy decided to try to play it off cool. "Tell you about how I tend to see things?" He looked at her with a slightly tilted head now, as though he were just as interested to learn as she was. He probably looked a little funny and that was what he was shooting for.

Collecting his thoughts, Georg began, "Well... you know how bats see, right? It's kind of like that- my eyes are bad so I've learned to use my ears good." He hoped that any further explanation would be needed, especially considering that he would had reveal more about himself.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » August 8th, 2007, 5:02 am

She smiled at his funny face and nodded, excited to learn a secret about her friend after how much she shared with him. Sure, they weren’t secrets, but it was still close enough.

“I was told that bats see with their voices, not their ears. What does that have to do with your ears?” She wasn’t joking about not knowing about bats. The confusion still pecked at her smile. And here she thought he was just a cool playmate.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 8th, 2007, 5:14 am

"Yeah... well..." The boy paused, uncertain as to whether or not to tell her completely. He decided not to. "Well, the idea is the same- I hear sound bounce off of objects and I turn it into an image in my mind." He very blatantly avoided talking about using his voice.

The boy nervously shuffled his feet and still hoped she wouldn't pry any further... it was kind of hard to let go of something nobody has ever known about him.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » August 8th, 2007, 5:39 am

His answer hadn’t cleared any of her confusion. If anything, it was worse. She didn’t even know what idea he was talking about or how bats fit into these things. Shaking her head and trying to get off of the bat thing, she tried to understand how bouncing sounds could turn into an image. She couldn’t think clearly enough.

“What do bouncing sounds have to do with bats?”

He was clearly nervous for some reason, but she was just a little girl who couldn’t keep from asking ‘why’ a thousand times when she was lost.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 8th, 2007, 5:48 am

Without thinking, Georg said strongly, "It's how we see!"

Suddenly realizing his mistake Georg's face paled. He turned about and walked away from Picaboo and her never ending questions; he'd probably make money if he gambled that she would be more confused after this.

He walked briskly along a row of buildings until the streets began to line up with a few marketplace vendors. One was selling fruits of all kinds and so Georg went over to the man to buy some. Paying two of his five silvers for a fistful of grapes ("What a ripoff," Georg muttered) the boy quickly moved back to where Picaboo was. He hoped she would still be there but he was starting to get annoyed and needed something to occupy his time. He sat down against the back of the tavern next to the pile of clothes, waiting for her to say something to him.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » August 8th, 2007, 10:05 pm

It scared Picaboo when Georg snapped her. She was gone immediately. Having nothing to say but inch away, he would be left to wonder if she fled or not. She didn’t know what she did wrong. Staying in the ally she just wondered what had come to her to make her want to even try and have a friend again.

Picaboo pouted quietly, sniffling and going quiet again when she saw Georg head back. It was too late to get him in trouble to get back at him; the people in the bar would just be weirded out to see her again. Crossing her arms and pretending there was nothing wrong, she faded into view. “Bye Georg.”

Slowly she turned to fly off as she disappeared again.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 8th, 2007, 11:05 pm

Back behind the tavern, Georg had sit down when Picaboo faded into view and told him goodbye. His face sordid and stoney, Georg looked up at the ghostly girl. "I'm sorry," he spoke feebly. The boy let his head lower and be began to stare at the ground, holding the grapes loosely in his hand. He knew that if he could find her in the sky as she began to fly away he could follow, but he could no longer find out where she was and so he stayed still.

He was hungry, but his anger at Picaboo... no, at himself locked up his body, freezing him in position.
Georg hoped she would come back.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » August 8th, 2007, 11:15 pm

Glancing back she frowned when he said he was sorry. Her mother always said that if people were knew what they did wrong they were allowed to apologize once for it. Picaboo had more than once on everything with her. But this was Georg’s first time, and he looked like he meant it when he said he was sorry. Really, really meant it.

She stayed there for a moment, thinking.

Suddenly she appeared in front of him, transparent from her grin. “Boo!”

Her good mood had easily jumped back. "It's ok."

Hoping to talk about something with him she looked at the grapes in his hand. They looked good, but she no longer felt hungry or any want to eat. "I miss eating. My mommy always made the best pies when I was good."
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 9th, 2007, 2:01 am

Georg's face lit up, widened and otherwise grew immensely happy. He had hoped she would do this and his smile returned to his face from ear to ear. "Hi! You certainly live up to your name." He paused for a moment, then added, "Thanks for coming back."

The boy immediate stuck his hand up to his face and grabbed a grape off the vine with his teeth, gnashing at it gently. "Well, at least you don't have to worry about starving. I've never had a pie before," he added.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » August 9th, 2007, 2:20 am

“Told you.” She beamed at the name comment, nearly completely gone for the smile. Picaboo was getting better at keeping from disappearing out of joy. “And you’re welcome.”

The way he ate was silly. But any giggles she would have had from it were taken away by the thought of starving. Didn’t his parents feed him? She was even sadder when she heard he had never had a pie before.

“I’m sorry, I’d help you get one if I could. Maybe we could try together sometime. It'd be fun to do something different."
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 9th, 2007, 3:14 am

Popping a couple of more grapes in his mouth (and chewing slightly faster this time), the boy watched in interest as the girl faded in and out a few times while she talked or giggled to him. When she seemed sad and apologized for him not having any pie Georg's head swiveled lightly in an intrigued manner. "Why are you sorry? It isn't your fault."

Thinking about what it would be like to steal a pie made the boy chuckle lightly. A pie would be kind of hard to steal quietly and even harder to conceal. "Yeah, it would be!" he piped. It was a little late in the afternoon for looking for anything like a pie, or anything baked for that matter, though. "Eh. It's a bit late for something like that, I think." Perhaps he was wrong- it was only a few movements of the sun after midday.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » August 9th, 2007, 3:27 am

“Um... because they’re good, and it would be horrible not to have ever had one.” It was a good question, but she did feel sorry for him. She just couldn’t put her finger on it completely.

Picaboo was glad he thought it was a good idea. Her giggly excitement was taken away soon though. “Aww. No it’s not. Everyone has pies after dinner; and prepared before. It’s the perfect time. I’m sure we could find one.”

“I could easily fly around and look.” She didn’t want for it to be nighttime. Things always got lonely then. Only the creepy people were awake, and they were never fun. Picaboo would do her best to at least have a bit more fun before it really was too late.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 10th, 2007, 8:15 pm

"Everyone?" The boy perked a little, but was confused by the fact that everyone had pies for dinner every night. How could they eat so much?

He let out a quick "hrm" and nodded his head. "Sure, why don't you do that? It would be kind of nice to have a second new thing today." He smiled and waited for Picaboo to comply, but didn't put any pressure on her. He didn't want to make her sad again.
James
RP Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Palace Rantings