Thievery (open RP)

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Postby zipcat » August 10th, 2007, 8:57 pm

She frowned, "Well... not everyone I guess. I know we did often."

When he said it would be nice she nodded, smiling once again. Picaboo let herself disappear as she took off, looking back to Georg before moving through the streets. It took her a bit to find the houses. She had gotten used to seeking out taverns instead. But when she did it wasn't long before she found one with a pie. The mother was just setting it out to cool. They might have enough time to go to and get it. Getting back to the tavern as quickly as possible; without gravity to slow her down and high enough not to worry about running into living people other than a few confused birds, Picaboo made it back to where she had last seen Georg.

She was very excited, but not enough to make her do something silly like appear before she saw him.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 18th, 2007, 9:03 pm

Georg had waited a little while and quickly grew impatient. It was a little unlike him, but after having almost lost such a neat friend he couldn't bear to be away for too long. Thusly justified, Georg escaped again around the corner of the tavern and melded into a crowd before realizing he had made a mistake. The wave of the crowd pushed him a little away from the tavern and delayed him from returning, considering that what he had realized was that there would be no way for him to find the girl without seeing her.

Finally, a small break in the crowd revealed a path to the tavern, one he hastily took. Without realizing it he had come back immediately after the girl had and just before he sat down his shoulder brushed against the girl's intangible form, sending the shock of cold throughout his entire body. With a shiver and a smile the boy noted, "You're back."
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » August 18th, 2007, 9:39 pm

She couldn’t help but laugh, both at him and simply at what he did. It was almost as if it ticked when she gave people the chills. She could never tell if it was just a tickle of joy or its own effect on her. Even so she appeared lightly and nodded, agreeing that she was indeed back.

Picaboo’s grin was enough to say she found one, but her excitement pushed it aloud. “There’s a pie close.” She frowned. “Well, not really close. I forgot to check how far the people were into dinner. But if we hurry we can get it in time. It’s fresh too, you’ll love it.”

She hummed in thought, before pointing in the general direction. “We go this way until we hit the buildings people live in, and at the end of this rode here it’s the third building on the left. So we don’t attract attention I won’t really be there, but I’ll fly nearby above you incase you get lost.”

A sparkle in her eyes showed a giggle she held in, joking with him.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » September 6th, 2007, 4:49 am

Considering flight, Georg decided against it. Regardless of his decision to make this girl his new best friend, he did not want to show her his other form, nor did he want to show any of the possible bystanders still hanging about in the streets. Doing as she says, the boy nods and grins at Picaboo's little joke. He moves swiftly and beckons with his hand for the ghost to follow him, though at this point he didn't bother to look back if he could see her or not. Following her specific instructions, Georg found himself at the house. He saw movement within the house and quickly hid along the side of the house. Just inside the window a slightly large, motherly shadow moved to test the pie. In the candlelight from within her face glowed as she found the pie to be at a perfect temperature and turned to grasp a knife to cut it and in the moment her back was turned, Georg pushed himself to the tip of his toes to reach inside and grab the pie.

In but a few more moments the boy's feet had found themselves back at the tavern again and in a bout of celebratory jubilation held the pie exuberantly above his head. "I did it!" he squealed. The pie was now his and he could eat it as he wished. Before he would, however, Georg decided to wait for Picaboo to reveal herself again. He wanted to be able to enjoy the experience with her and hoped she would not mind him eating the pie.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » September 7th, 2007, 3:43 pm

As soon as he turned, Picaboo was both no longer there and there all the same. She was glad that he found the place easily, unsure if her instructions would be the same from the ground. The mother was there, ready to cut the pie. Georg took the perfect opportunity, but Picaboo helped out. As the mom turned around again Picaboo zapped through her, changing her anger from the missing pie into fear.

The woman dropped the knife, and Georg got away with the pie without anyone after him.

Back beside the tavern Picaboo appeared transparently again, clapping noiselessly with Georg’s joy. The ghost knew he would enjoy the pie. The only thing that could make this better was if she could share it with him. “Enjoy!”

Her image would flicker with the word; both in sorrow that she couldn’t join and joy that she helped get him a pie. This was his first one ever, too!
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » September 8th, 2007, 6:43 pm

Right where the boy was looking an image flickered with the word "enjoy." He grinned and nodded in that direction then sat down with the pie in lap. Very carefully the boy played the cooled down pie to release it from the plate, which it eventually did without breaking. Slowly Georg moved the pie over the side of the dish just before the point it would start bending and breaking and then pulled the pie and bowl up to his face. A simple bite later and the boy seemed to be grinning even though he was chewing a large chunk of the tasty morsel. It was delicious and utterly sweet.

Swallowing the chunk of pie, Georg almost goes for a second bite when he suddenly realizes that he isn't hungry anymore. It was hard not to eat another, but in his situation it would be far wiser to save the pie for later... if he can.

Georg replaced the pie into the plate so it wouldn't fall out or break. Laying the whole thing onto the ground before him, Georg looked around him, wondering where Picaboo is. "I'm kinda not hungry anymore... do you know anywhere I can keep it safe so I can eat more of it later?" He grins again as he adds, "Also the pie was really good." Leaning back on his hands now Georg blinked and yawned a little out of laziness, choosing to relax until the ghost was ready to push him along.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » September 9th, 2007, 4:05 pm

He was so careful with the pie, as if it was a great treasure. It made her proud to have helped him get it. When he took a bite she knew he did nothing but love it. Who couldn’t love pie? She was so happy for him that even if she wanted she couldn’t have appeared, and he seamed fine with that.

“Um.” The question let her think of other stuff enough for her to appear in front of him, seeing as he was looking for her. She frowned, "I don't know. In my house we never had left over pie before. But I don't think you want to leave it out where bugs can get it. Um..."

She had not one idea.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » September 24th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Georg sat about looking up at the ghost with happy curiosity. His question went unanswered and his face showed a little disappointment, but curiosity remained.

Lowering his head a little bit to stare at the ground in front of Picaboo the boy let loose his thoughts: "Perhaps I should give it back."

His own words rather surprised him, but he didn't flinch. He was never one to waste food, and he would be wasting it if he didn't give it back.

He stood with the pie and looked at Picaboo in the eye. "What do you think? It'd be a waste if I didn't give it back."
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » September 25th, 2007, 12:33 am

“Um.” She was already a bit lost from before, and his next question didn’t make it much easier. The pie was getting colder, and it had a bite out of it. Even if they took it back, would it do any good? Picaboo floated backwards a bit.

She had given things back before. Usually she didn’t even want to keep what she took; just to see people react when they found it missing. This was different though. You couldn’t just go and put a pie under someone’s pillow so they could find it later. The family might still eat it though.

“Wasted pie is never good. But something tells me the family won’t want it back, not after I scared them...” Picaboo shook her head. “Want to find someone else to give it to? After all... there must be other people too who haven’t had pie.”

The ghost half-smiled.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » September 26th, 2007, 10:59 pm

"Well..." The boy hesitated to give it to someone else. If they took note of him when he handed out the pie and then someone spread word of a pie stealing, that person would know who he was. By sight, anyways.

"I suppose you're right, but I'm only going to slip it in their window or something. I don't want to actually give it to someone, 'cause then they'll have a face to match the pie stealer." Georg wasn't sure if he even said that right, but it didn't matter.

Solidifying his resolve of this decision, Georg stood up with the pie in his hand. He smiled carelessly at Picaboo and asked her, "Help me find an open window real quick, will you? I'd rather not go around with this pie in my hands." He hated yet again that he was relying on someone for something, but then again doing so almost completely removed the chances of him getting caught. Unless the family was outside looking for him.

He stood still, just about ready to break into a sweat. The stress of getting caught began to slam upon him like gravity during a pull and the boy felt as though he badly needed to find some kind of parachute for his downfall.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » September 28th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Picaboo hadn’t even thought of him getting caught. Even then, she didn’t think there’d be much of a punishment. It was only a pie. Georg seamed so worried over it.

It was him that was going to give the pie back, so she nodded to the window idea. His silly smile brought hers back, again her image flickering. So much had already happened today, and most of it was fun. She even had a friend now.

“Yeah, sure.” Her form moved upwards before disappearing, the sky always being the best place for ghosts. Here you didn’t have to worry about bumping as much as the living, other than a random bird getting shaken off of its path. It also let ghosts see everything they wanted.

She spotted a house she didn’t see before. It was dinky, but through its one window she could make out a few kids. To her the average-sized family was a lot of people for such a small house. Picaboo quickly went back to Georg.

“There’s a house just down this way,” she pointed as she appeared again, “It’s really small. But it’s close too. Take this right and it’ll be on your left.

They’ll be the best to give the pie to.” she added, feeling like they were doing a good thing.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » October 1st, 2007, 1:58 am

Impatient Georg nearly started off after the ghost until she had returned moments later. Hearing of a quick path, he grinned and nodded. "Alright, that works."

Quickly following Picaboo's directions the boy lead himself onward carrying the pie with him. Taking a right he stalked onwards until seeing the house on his left, its window wide open with a family eating inside. It really did look like there were too many of them living in the house, which might have meant that they were poor or perhaps just had nowhere else to go.

Angling himself properly Georg prepared to throw the pie into the window and did just that so it would clatter and attract their attention. The boy darted off in the other direction, rushing away to who knows where.

Moments later he found himself at a dead end a decent enough distance away from the house. Deciding to hang out here he sat himself down with his back again the end of the alleyway and waited for Picaboo to come see him.
James
RP Councillor

Previous

Return to Palace Rantings