The Search (continued)

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

The Search (continued)

Postby The Lone Assassin » January 15th, 2007, 4:18 pm

A continuation of this RP

The Lone Assassin

Postby Gakhan » January 15th, 2007, 11:47 pm

Gakhan couldn't help but smile, his features contorting into a smirk rather than a genuine smile. His prowess was known, but whether this was good or bad he couldn't decide. It mattered little at this point, what mattered now was the merit of this possible understudy.

Without a movement from the dark figure, the shadows flowed back around the shadowwalker. His form disappeared entirely, moving back into the shadow realm and reappearing in the fork of a nearby tree. The master rogue's eyes were aglow with interest in this new "game".

Gakhan said nothing, but his words came from every shadow.

"Finding me shall be your first test. I can teach you to use weapons and walk shadows but if you cannot listen you will not know the noise you make."

With that the elf melts into the shadows again, reappearing in the shadowy branches about the student. The shadows begin to flicker in the area, figures form in the eyes of any watching. The only question now is which figure to choose, or rather where the teacher has gone.
Gakhan Val'istar :: Killer of Shadows :: Shadowwalker
Gakhan

Postby The Lone Assassin » January 18th, 2007, 8:54 pm

..:: Gakhan's body swiftly melted into the shadows and reappered just as quickly on a tree a few yards away ::..

"Finding me shall be your first test. I can teach you to use weapons and walk shadows but if you cannot listen you will not know the noise you make."

..:: Words formed from no mouth, echoed in his ears and the assassin was momentarily taken back: looking from shadow to shadow to find it's origin. A few long seconds later he relized it was another shadow trick and focued his attention back on the Shadow Walker, only to watch him melt back into the shadows ::..

..:: Gakhan appeared to his right and then dissapeared only to appear above him. Then to his left, then under him... this kept occuring until the assassin started "feeling" an odd sensation. There was no breeze, yet he felt like a gust would pass by between the shadows. He tried to pay attention to this odd sensation and it increased in pace as Gakhan increased the frequency of his apperations ::..

..:: He was motionless until he sensed this "breeze" began to pass from his front to his left towards one of two shadows by the edge of the clearing. The assassin inhaled and jumped forward while contorting his body forcing it to rotate. As he fell from the tree branch, both arms raised up into the air and two darts shot out: one towards each shadow ::..

The Lone Assassin

Postby Gakhan » January 26th, 2007, 10:07 pm

Gakhan moved from shadow to shadow, each time increasing his speed and leaving more of himself in the material plane. After a few moments he could tell that the assassin was figuring the problem out, his reflexes would be the next test.

as the elf moved between shadows he saw the assassin fall from the tree and fling his arms upwards, releasing two daggers toward the area that Gakhan was headed. Gak saw this and increased his speed while calling upon power from the onyx stone that hung from his neck. a shield of shadows rose in front of one of the darts and stopped it, the other dart however was too fast and slipped by. Luckily it was too fast to hit its target as well, flying just in front of the shadowwalker's shoulder, neatly severing one of the ties to his cloak.

Immediately Gakhan stopped and watched the elf fall. as he sat there his arms were a blur and three shadows jumped toward the falling figure. each was a dagger enchanted to absorb light from its surroundings, and as they flew they only showed a patch of darkness. None were aimed fatally but only he knew that...
Gakhan

Postby The Lone Assassin » February 3rd, 2007, 4:31 pm

..:: He was about fifteen feet from the ground and everything happened fast, almost too fast that he couldn't keep up. He saw his darts fly towards the shadow but one of them seemed to stop midair while the other one struck the tree trunk. He turned away and looked downward to find a branch he could swing off so he wouldn't strike the ground and kill himself, by now he was twelve feet from the ground. He scanned for the branch he had picked out and started reaching out when he noticed two shadows on the ground flying towards him, he jerked his head in the direction of the shadows and saw nothing ::..

..:: His eyes widened as he was caught completely off guard, he was being attacked and couldn't see the weapons. He was now ten feet from the ground. If he waited for the branch he had spotted the shadows would strike him before he could both hands on it ::..

..:: Eight feet, only three feet to his original branch. He flicked his wrists his climbing claws snapped into position and he spread his arms and legs out as far as they would go desperately trying to slow down any way possible. Limbs, branches and leaves pelted his body without any mercy; six feet above the ground. Suddenly his right hand made contact with the tree trunk and the claws caught. His whole body jerked at the sudden halt and his shoulder snapped out of it's socket. He threw his left hand into the tree trunk to take the weight off his right arm ::..

The Lone Assassin

Postby Gakhan » February 6th, 2007, 9:44 pm

Gakhan watched as the assassin dodged and fell, but what really shocked him was the claws that extended from his opponents arms. Truly this figure had talent, but he also had a brain. As the future apprentice slowed against the tree a wince crossed gakhan's face as he saw the shoulder extend unusually far.

The elf hopped from limb to limb down to the branch just below his new aquaintance. "Indeed you have ability. Perhaps enough to garner an offer i have yet to extend to another."

With those words the shadowmaster dropped to the ground and smiled as he felt the shadow blades return to their sheath on his arm. He turned after his light landing and nodded to the panther who was waiting. The animal ran off into the shadows at once. After that Gakhan turned back to the tree and waited for the assassin to join him on the ground. He showed no outward indication of the offer about to be made.
Gakhan

Postby The Lone Assassin » February 10th, 2007, 3:55 pm

..:: He gingerly pulled the mechanical claws off the tree and retracted them. His left hand braced his right, just above the elbow, and he popped his shoulder back into place and then let his arms fall to his side, showing no other outward signs of the injury he had sustained. To any normal being it would have taken weeks to heal, but to him it was only a minor trifle; he had already began the process of mending the torn muscle fiber before he even landed on the ground with a thud next to the Shadow Walker::..

..:: As he landed he felt something pierce his skin on his lower back. Surprised he reached back and felt a dagger stuck in his armor poking into his back. He pulled it out but as soon as it made contact with a ray of sun, it disappeared in a puff of black smoke ::..

"I'm listening" said the Assassin in his low, harsh voice.
The Lone Assassin

Postby Gakhan » February 10th, 2007, 5:44 pm

Gakhan's face was quite stern under the shadow of his cloak. He liked the abilities of the new figure, but something just felt......different about him. oh well, noone feels right at the beginning i suppose.

As the Shadow Walker watched the dagger disappear from the assassin's hand he smiled to himself, feeling that same dagger join the others in the sheath on his arm. Quickly the smile faded though, as his mind turned back to the offer.

"I would offer you a chance to train at my side. Very rarely do i find one who is my equal in skill, reguardless of what skill that may be. You however have a gift that i am sure you understand and nurture. Because of that ability I would like to train you, as my protoge. Learn from me and someday you may learn to walk in the shadows as i do. It will not be easy as it has taken me many years to attain that ability, but it is within your reach if you are dedicated."
Gakhan

Postby The Lone Assassin » February 10th, 2007, 11:09 pm

..:: The assassin took a deep breath; the crisp scent of autumn could be noticed, the leaves were starting to brown and here strongest shadow walker of the land was offering him an apprenticeship ::..

"I agree on one condition," began the assassin. "When we part ways, you don't follow me, scyre me, or try to find out who I am. I am not as strong as you, but I haven’t survived this long without having wards able to fend off even the strongest of mages. Accept and I too will return the condition"

..:: The area that had been pierced by the shadow dagger was already healed and his shoulder was now reduced to a throbbing pain. The assassin raised his chin, looked the Shadow Master straight into the eyes and waited ::..
The Lone Assassin

Postby Gakhan » February 11th, 2007, 2:43 am

Gakhan let the shadows fall from his face as a smile crossed it.

"Why would i want to learn who you are without you telling me. Ill agree to your condition on one of my own. At some point in our training i want to know who you are. I have an obviously dark side and am slow to judge so i will not measure you on your identity. However trust is integral in my close group of friends or confidants. So will you tell me in time?"
Gakhan

Postby The Lone Assassin » March 4th, 2007, 1:06 am

..:: His mind raced at a thousand leagues a second. Say no and he would pass the oppurtinity up, but say yes... ::..

Very well, I agree.

..:: The Assassin hunched over to a patch of sunlight that managed to cut into the dark forest. Inscents scattered as he walked past before settling back into the undergrowth ::..

..:: He took a slow, deep breath before turning to face Gahkan ..::

You could say I have no name, offical reports have called me "The Lone Assassin" but when a name is needed, they call me Kast. Dirk Kast.
The Lone Assassin

Postby Gakhan » March 20th, 2007, 4:30 pm

Well Kast, i believe that we've learned enough today. Remember that you are my apprentice now, you represent the abilities i will teach you, and you represent me now. Take p[ride in that but also take care not to disappoint me. I am not one who forgets things easily.

..::With those words the elf stepped back into the shadows and melted away, leaving his new apprentice to mull over the happenings of the evening and to prepare for the work to come in the future. Gakhan needed time as well, to decide what should be taught and in what order. An apprentice is a large burden, but also a great pride. This would be an interesting relationship::..
Gakhan

Return to Palace Rantings