Betrayal and the Hunt (invite RP)

Come in and hear the rumors afloat throughout the Titan Palace. Join in or start your own RP here!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Postby zipcat » December 24th, 2006, 8:56 pm

*Continuing to listen silently, zip wondered why ur-Shulgi wanted people dead. She understood that Rajst and his friends would do it, and thought that his friends came close to remind him not to say too much. At least, she thought they were his friends. They could have just been people who were helping him with this. But she did think they seamed to respect Rajst a bit, so she didn't think there would be any problems between them.*

*She nearly choked on her cider when Rajst asked Aku if he wanted to help. To prevent it, her lungs locked. She hadn't much at go down her trachea, and a second of not breathing wouldn't hurt her. But she didn't want to cough and distract her husband and Rajst from what they were talking about. Her lungs relaxed again as she listened to Aku's respond. When he asked her, she took a moment to think about it. She didn't like to kill people. But if the guards were going, then she'd have to go back alone.*

*That and she wanted to help. With her other home sleeping, there was no where else to go but to stay at the tavern. But she wanted to go with Aku and her friend. Yet, she was pregnant. The Beast was somewhere. She wasn't sure what to do.*

*In respond, she shrugged, and took another drink; Aku could decide.*
Last edited by zipcat on December 25th, 2006, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Rajst Kalizkhanavar » December 24th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Rajst looked towards his best friend to see if her expression had changed any. She was surprised, of course, and the Assamite offered her a friendly smile. She wasn't the type to kill, but it was obvious that she didn't want to be left behind. Rajst quickly filled in the silence for her.

"She may come if she pleases. My men will protect her unto their dying breath, for she is a friend of the Assamites. And they will protect you as well, for you are her husband."

He looked towards the two guards.

"These knights...they will come in handy. The grounds where we tread shall be dangerous, and every ally will be needed."

The assassin gave a calm glance at Akunosh and smiled.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend, is he not?"
My siggy

Revenge is the ending of wrath, the beginning of peace. Only in vengeance can peace exist. They fear us, and rightly. We shall be their doom, and they know it. You too shall be feared, if you are found worthy. Guard these pages well, for they are truth and will show you the way. Resolve your heart; if you fail, you shall die with honour. You have already seen too much to turn back.

Come.
Rajst Kalizkhanavar

Postby Akunosh Inarus » December 24th, 2006, 9:43 pm

"That he is. But I am still worried about zip's safety if she does come."

Akunosh sighed heavily. True, Rajst's assassins would protect zip, as would his own knights and himself, but that didn't ease his thoughts. If he had known about this earlier, he would've rounded up a number of paladins and crusaders from the Enclave and used them to help out. Then again, bringing an army with him would draw undue attention to themselves, right?

"zip, the final decision is up to you. I won't force you to go, and I won't force you to stay. Either way, I won't challenge your decision. If you do stay, I will have one of my knights stay behind if you want. But like I said, its up to you."

He absent-mindedly rubbed his wedding band, recalling his first memories of her. She had changed much since then. More than much, actually. There was no telling what effects this would have on her, but it was her decision to make.

My Estate

Sworn Death Knight of the Lich King, Zuka
Akunosh Inarus

Postby zipcat » December 24th, 2006, 10:30 pm

*zip gave Rajst both a friendly smile back and one that said Thank You for his words. She wouldn't mind coming, and the reassurance that she would be safe helped a lot too. When Rajst said that the enemy of his enemy is his friend, zip remembered something similar she had once heard. 'The friend of your friend must be your friend too.'*

*An example of that would be Milton. She wasn't friends with him for lots of reasons. Being friends with him simply because Blythe was her friend and Milton was his seamed foolish. That, or Blythe wasn't the same around her for whatever reason, or wasn't her friend. It just didn't work that way, she supposed.*

*She nearly shook her head in disagreement, but instead she listened to what Aku said. Not wanting to go against him, she stayed silent. She frowned when Aku said he was worried about her; she was worried enough for herself. It wasn't that it wasn't acceptable, but she didn't want to make him worry. She would be okay, she had Rajst, the other Assamites, Aku, the guards, James would probably join along if he found her, then there was the Beast, along with all of her other friends she believed would protect her if they found her in trouble.*

*Aku's next words made it a bit harder, but she forced herself to conclude. Looking to her cup, she answered to no one particular. Her words were quieter than normal, yet still audiable.*

"I'll go with my friends."
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Rajst Kalizkhanavar » December 24th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Rajst smiled when zip accepted the offer to come along. The Rafiqs smiled too, offering her a warm welcome. It wasn't often that non-Kindred joined with their assassin parties, but they would welcome their company anyway. The assassin looked towards the paladin and spoke softly.

"Your wife is brave to tread where we shall go. But she will become stronger for it, and you will not regret it. Come, there is one that waits outside for us in the alley. He has information that will be useful, no doubt."

Rajst and the Rafiq turned towards the door, melting through the crowded tavern with ease. In seconds, they were no where to be seen. Taking lead of his assassin, Rajst led them to the alley, walking slow enough for the others to catch up.
My siggy

Revenge is the ending of wrath, the beginning of peace. Only in vengeance can peace exist. They fear us, and rightly. We shall be their doom, and they know it. You too shall be feared, if you are found worthy. Guard these pages well, for they are truth and will show you the way. Resolve your heart; if you fail, you shall die with honour. You have already seen too much to turn back.

Come.
Rajst Kalizkhanavar

Postby Akunosh Inarus » December 25th, 2006, 6:31 pm

Akunosh smiled softly when zip said that she'd go with her friends, knowing that she had made the right choice. Though he was still concerned about the safety of their child, Rajst was right; zip needed this experience to become stronger. And by being stronger, she could overcome her fears. It was difficult to explain, really, but the paladin knew it all too well. From the battles of Karesh to the slaughtering armies of the Dothraki to the relentless assaults of Zafirbel, Akunosh was no stranger to these feelings. To meet fear in its eyes, to feel its fingers at your throat, to be confronted with what you fear the most, then laugh in its face despite all odds; that was how one overcame fear.

The paladin moved next to his wife, placing a firm, reassuring hand on her shoulder. With the wedding band, he telepathically communicated with you. You are brave, my love, and you must be brave and courageous still. I believe you've made the right choice.

"Mormont, Cassel, go upstairs to Nicole's room. Here is the key. Retrieve my armor and my true sword."

"As my lord commands of me."

Ser Mormont and Cassel made their way upstairs while Akunosh spoke again.

"Rajst is waiting for us outside. Lets not keep them waiting for too long."

With that, he would put his left arm around his wife's shoulders when she stood up.

My Estate

Akunosh Inarus

Postby zipcat » December 25th, 2006, 6:57 pm

*When zip looked up from her cup to see smiles, she earned one of her own. It made her feel proud to be called brave by the Assamite. zip didn't know if this would make her stronger or not, but if it would it was welcomed. There was only one way to find out, she guessed. She wondered who was waiting for them, but figured she would learn soon enough.*

*As Aku went to place his hand on her shoulder, she rested hers on top of his. She had no words to reply, so instead she just smiled her thanks. While Aku told his guards to get his armor, zip stood and put on her cloak. This way she'd be able to get at the things in the pockets if need be, plus it was a bit cold. By her right knee was a fist sized lump from a raw Sugalet. Standing quiet and close, she waited for Aku to be ready to go out with her friends as she finished her cider.*
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Rajst Kalizkhanavar » December 27th, 2006, 3:06 pm

Rajst and the Rafiq stood in the alleyway, staring coldly at the Nosferatu. It was obvious that his men didn't trust the Camarilla, especially given the nature of their mission, but Rajst wasn't discouraged.

"Zuka, four others are joining in the mission. We'll begin the briefing then."
My siggy

Come.
Rajst Kalizkhanavar

Postby Zuka Zamamee » December 27th, 2006, 3:08 pm

The Nosferatu stared blankly at the Assamites, realizing that these very Kindred who sought his information could very well have been seeking his head on a platter. The leader of the group spoke first. Zuka grunted and nodded.

"They had best hurry up while the night is still young and fresh."
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Akunosh Inarus » December 27th, 2006, 3:12 pm

Akunosh's knights returned carrying a box each and followed the paladin as he led them outside and into the alley. Rajst, the Assamites, and Zuka were all there waiting for them. He should've expected as much; Zuka was a Nosferatu and was most likely the best informant in Titan's lands. He walked towards the Assamites until he stood next to Rajst, his wife in between them.

"We've come."

The knights set the boxes down and stood silently, waiting.

My Estate

Akunosh Inarus

Postby zipcat » December 27th, 2006, 3:22 pm

*zip thanked the bar man for the drink when she put her now empty glass back. Outside, she held her hands behind herself between Rajst and her husband. She thought about her pregnancy and what it meant as she listened to whatever Zuka and the others had to say.*
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Rajst Kalizkhanavar » December 30th, 2006, 11:42 pm

The Assamite gave a smile to zip, Akunosh, and his guards as they came out to the alley. Rajst turned towards Zuka, ignoring the nearby scent of blood and death that was no doubt caused by the Nosferatu.

"We're all here. You may begin."
My siggy

Come.
Rajst Kalizkhanavar

Postby Zuka Zamamee » December 31st, 2006, 12:10 am

Zuka remained calm as the paladin and his wife, zip, approached. He had no clue that they would join, as he was told that only seven Assamites were to be given the information. But if Rajst trusted the others, then there was nothing that Zuka could do or say to change his mind. The Nosferatu approached closer so they wouldn't be overheard.

"My informants and agents have tipped me off about the location of Al-Ashrad and his top advisors. They have sought refuge amongst the Camarilla, as you've no doubt heard. However, what you don't know is that they're meeting on the impenetrable island fortress of Kampi'un. Many Camarilla Elders and Ancients are meeting there with Al-Ashrad and his defectors to discuss 'sensitive matters.' Fortunately for you, I know precisely what they're going to discuss. In return for being granted exclusive membership within the Camarilla and guaranteed their right of existence, they will freely reveal the location of Alamut."

"But it doesn't end there. The entire Tremere Council is waiting there, along with every leader of the Brujah, Gangrel, Malkavians, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, and Ventrue. Security is tight, and slipping in will be very difficult, if not flat out impossible. Again, I've pulled a few strings and found the perfect means of getting in. Every night a supply ship is sent from the city of V'lauk, loaded with prisoners, refugees, scum, the homeless, and the disease ridden, never to be seen again. It doesn't take much imagination to figure out what happens to them."

"As I was saying, the supply ship is your only way in. As for getting out...well...I don't have the ability to predict the future, so I'm certain you can find a way. I hope that answers all the questions you seek."
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Akunosh Inarus » December 31st, 2006, 12:46 am

Akunosh listened silently to Zuka speak, pondering about how the necromancer managed to get all of this information. Finally, Zuka finished, leaving Akunosh and the others to digest what they had just heard. He was familiar with the Tremere, knowing full well that they were a powerful clan of magi and sorcerers. And the fact that the fortress was going to be sealed tight, their best option was stealth combined with an insane amount of luck.

The paladin looked towards the Assamites, knowing that they would have an easier time sneaking through the fortress than he. Finally, Akunosh spoke.

"How many Kindred? Where is V'lauk? And how do we slip onboard?"

My Estate

Akunosh Inarus

Postby zipcat » January 3rd, 2007, 12:10 am

*zip listened to the necromancer, understanding what bits she could. She didn't know some of the terms, but she didn't think she had to know. Basically there were a lot of vampires, or something, guarding whatever it was Rajst and his people were after, other than to just kill a few people. Mostly, she wondered why those people needed to die. She wasn't for killing, true, but ..she wasn't for not helping her friends more. At least she was against stopping her friends from doing what they wanted to. She wasn't too sure.*

*She looked over to her husband, wondering how he would work with vampires. She didn't think he would trust them easily, but he didn't seam to mind the Assamites. Maybe it was, like Rajst told her, because Assamites didn't like all other vampires, and Aku compromised with himself. And if Aku was alright with them, she didn't see the point of hiding the amulet she wore. If anything, it's sight might help her, at least, with the trust of the other Assamites.*

*Coming to her own decision, she grabbed the gold ribbon that was wrapped around the chain, and pulled it off. As it unraveled to expose the black rings the whole amulet pulled from under the leaves of her Abnormality, her life partner. She didn't look at Aku after bringing out what she had hid from him. Now she only stood, listening for the answers to her husband's questions. She reasoned that it would be best to ask hers now, while they were already discussing things. Her questions were directed to both Zuka, because he was talking, and Rajst, because his answers were important in this to.*

"The leaders.. they're all different vampires? Why would they work together?"
zipcat
Clan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Palace Rantings