Mandrake roots

Got a question about Dragon Court? We have the answers! Ask here.

Mandrake roots

Postby Cerberus2 » December 15th, 2007, 1:50 pm

Quick question about Mandrake Roots... I remember reading somewhere that Mandrake Root use is used as a measure of cheating. How many do you have to use in a day before it's considered cheating? Or was that only under the old system where they restored quests? I think I used about 20 in Azteca today, but all had been gotten legitimately by questing in Hie Brasil and Shangala. Soooo... should I not do that again, or is that ok? I get beat down pretty hard in Azteca once my Berzerks are used up, Mandrakes let me stay there a little longer...
Cerberus2
Clan Member

Postby Ominous » December 15th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Mandrake roots now do nothing useful. They basically used to give you one more quest, and people would hack to get millions of them and use them to power-level their characters. The current drakes are just a healing item (or something like that) and if you got them yourself (IE, not from trading) they're not hacked. And, even if they were, why one would bother to hack them anymore is beyond me.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Cerberus2 » December 16th, 2007, 8:43 pm

Ok, cool. Yeah, they heal (120, I think), you go berserk, and you lose 3 wits for the remainder of the day (per root). Useful for someone like me who can survive in Azteca only as long as I've got Berserks to use... without them (or Mandrake Roots), I get my behind handed to me by pretty much everything there. I suppose I should probably stay in Shangala for a while to get my stats up, but that 1000xp Jags give is hard to resist. :-)
Cerberus2
Clan Member

Return to Hall of Answers