when to attack certain monsters?

Got a question about Dragon Court? We have the answers! Ask here.

when to attack certain monsters?

Postby opau15 » April 3rd, 2007, 2:25 am

is there a list of when to attack certain monsters?

for example:
when questing in hie brazil, when is it a good idea to smash the hero rather than just run away from it? (attack, defend, skill etc?)

the rodents in the field, you can start smashing at level 1, so far, i know
I also know it´s stupid to attack the goblingang in the dungeons (who carries blastpowder) without having more than 120 guts.
opau15
Clan Member

Postby Tarathilien » April 3rd, 2007, 10:06 am

Smart cookie here. Seriously. I never really paid much attention as to when to fight/flee mobs. Here's my two cents:

Try hitting/berserking/etc the hero guy. If you kill him w/o losing too many guts, follow suit. But if he pwns you, either run away or kick him in the groin. :D

Hope that helps!
Legionairre
H - Spiked Helm [+26a+26d+70s]
B - Dragon Scale Jacket [+159d-15s]
F - Silver Sea Slippers [+1a+23d+199s]
R - Silver Amini Club [+138a+8d+507s]
L - Shuriken [+61a+18d+247s]
PM me with upgrades
Tarathilien
Clan Member

Postby opau15 » April 3rd, 2007, 11:53 am

the problem is: either he kill me or i kill him, and I don´t have many faries...
opau15
Clan Member

Postby Tarathilien » April 3rd, 2007, 1:33 pm

Hmm...I see...if I were you (be glad you aren't me), I would not engage the ruffiant unless I can pwn his @$$ easily. Grind some lower-level mobs until you think you can destroy the heathen.
Legionairre
H - Spiked Helm [+26a+26d+70s]
B - Dragon Scale Jacket [+159d-15s]
F - Silver Sea Slippers [+1a+23d+199s]
R - Silver Amini Club [+138a+8d+507s]
L - Shuriken [+61a+18d+247s]
PM me with upgrades
Tarathilien
Clan Member

good thread?

Postby iaai03 » February 3rd, 2008, 7:35 pm

Now I know when I can fight rodents in the field and guys with dynamite.
The post has an incredible title. Is it possible for someone experienced to actually fill in the holes.
Example: When to fight the wyvern (mountains) or run. I'm about level 20. I've been fighting and killing them since level 16. As I get higher, the wyvern seems to hit me more often with mez. And it almost always is swifter than I am. They have always been easy to kill, but I cannot defend against the mez.
As I write this reply, I'm thinking that a good solution would be a thread with the area, i.e. mounds, treasury room. And then under that, threads for each monster to be encountered there with topics to be posted by members only of how they defeated said monster. The topic of their post has to be the name of the monster so that members can easily find and read different examples of encounters of that creature. It should also have loot, e.g. after fifteen - twenty encounters with the champ in the throne room -- I finally got my Goblin Plate (quest item). I have seen several topics about goblin plate and they just say the mounds. But it's not just the mounds; it's from the champ in the throne room in the mounds! I got my first one yesterday and my idea and this post should be worth something.

Like, hey, that's a really good idea and that is not spam.
iaai?
iaai03
Clan Member

Postby Loth Emnati » February 4th, 2008, 6:55 am

Wyverns, mages, pandaes, priests, goblin queen, harpies...

In general there are these freaky mesmerizers that terrorizes some areas. wyverns and harpies (and Evil FreD) seems to be the worst because they on top of a good mesmerizing ability are swift and occasionally gets in the first strike/glare.

I suggest that you run away. They really do not drop anything worth the risk. Load up on traderskills (the best endgame skill anyway) which gives a 10% bonus each to running away. When you run away, the monster may chase you. Wyverns and harpies have a habit of doing that unprovocated, so be aware. There are three outcomes and which one you get is all up to your char and a bit of luck, but by loading up on trader skills you can heavily skew the probabilities towards the last.
1. They catches up with you and a normal combat occurs as if you went for the normal kill option.
2. They chase you around, but you escape. You gain some experience but nothing else
3. They chase you, but you are too smart and tricks them on some way off track. You get back your quest, gain experience as in option 2 AND you have a chance of gaining a point of wits.

Option 3 is clearly the most favorable result. Dragon Court is an unbalanced game. With some economic game play you are immune to normal deaths (fairies) thieves (insurances), but mesmerizers often steals half your pack on top of the trip back to the healer and you have no means of preventing it.A wizard/old man from the fields can mesmerize a lvl 40, it all comes down the chances. Your chance of surviving a mesmerize attempt is based on your wits which makes it the most important end game character statistic.
Running away is the best mean to gain wits, so I suggest to always run away from annoying monsters that don't drop anything useful.
Loth Emnati

dungeons

Postby iaai03 » February 5th, 2008, 5:59 pm

There's also the mage in the dungeons who can mesmerize you and he is very fast. The troll requires thief insurance, which I quit carrying in order to kill the guy at the entrance to the mounds; but now I always carry thief insurance. Anybody know anything about the Vortex or where the docks are?
For the last three days I've been doing halves at the forest and the mountains to get great helms and dwarf axes. Do these guys quit dropping them as you get to be a higher level? No luck in three days. I used to get 3 or 4 axes a day, now I get 0 or zero at level 21-22.
iaai?
iaai03
Clan Member

Postby Loth Emnati » February 5th, 2008, 9:43 pm

I think the trolls have the nastiest combo in the game. FIrst they blind you, effectively halving your skill points AND you can not use potions or heals, their hits causes disease which further lowers skill and on top of that they like to go berzerk.
I've had overpowered heroes for that area walk into a troll and a bit of bad luck enables the troll to score a few hits without retaliation. It cribles my skill and I can hardly hit the beast because it dodges, I can't run away, I can't heal, and every round it slashes a few gut points off of me. :D

With that said. Monster drops are not dependent on level (or age) you are just into a streak of bad luck. I will repeat my advice from before. If you encounter something which doesn't drop anything worth your while then run.

The dock is accesible from the courtyard but I think there is a level requirement. Perhaps 24? I can not remember.
In general you shouldn't bother with the goblin mounds. Instead hang around the dunjeons. The drop is better, and there are fewer gear eating worms and swindlers.

The vortex is placed at the goblin mounds, but is a dead end that is left for a future expansion of the game... (We've waited years, so don't be too optimistic.) A character "Evil Fred" guards the vortex and he is mean and knows all the tricks so don't go there unless you want to prove yourself.
Loth Emnati

Re: when to attack certain monsters?

Postby eragon14 » August 25th, 2009, 1:31 pm

well the trolls can do that but if u have a good enough weapon u can kill them faster than they can even look at u
oh and send me in a message ur stats ur weapons and ur equipment u use to attack these foul beasts and i will see if i can upgrade u to a limit were u can just go down there and kill with no problem k.

thanks ur friend eragon14 :D
eragon14
Clan Member

Postby Da_PAB » September 2nd, 2009, 8:51 am

ah tarathillien and loth where have u been, opau the reason y wyverns mezz you more now is that the higher your level goes up the stronger the monsters get, did you tithe your way up?, alot of people dont tithe because it raises your level but your stats are still low, lets say you have a low level character with high stats, you can smash the monsters b4 they run or kill u, increasing your chances of getting silver drops crystal. etc, and about hibrasil the only monsters you need to fight are gladiators for silver gladius, and golems for crystal gauntlets, harpie and hero dont relay drop crud but the medusa does drop snake scale suit, which aint that great of a body, so i usually run away from them
Thanks Toki for the sig thanks killa for asking toki to make the sig hahah
men are like bank accounts if they don't have money the don't get any interest
Da_PAB
Unofficial Rankfund Helper

Postby eragon14 » September 2nd, 2009, 2:35 pm

i dont run from medusas i seduce them and mermaids
eragon14
Clan Member

Postby killadaemon666 » September 2nd, 2009, 3:14 pm

hmm i find that if i run from medusas i still will lose a quest cuz they like to chase ya but i believe that this depends on the number of trader guilds u have i usually seduce the medusas that way i have the chance of gaining a charm and experience if my charm dont work then i smash em heh heh he.

Sig Courtesy of Toki W&W all rights reserved. heh he he..

Miners Cap esblg(=+80a+92dd+1605s) / 31a/d spikey(=+46a+48d+138s)
224d DragonScaleJacket (=+44a+280d+438s) thanks Blade and RE
135d Crystal Swift Boots (=+65a+206d+1020s) thanks D_S
294a Silver Amini Club ESUR( forgot the esed stats) :(
157a 63d Crystal Gauntlet (=+216a+126d+583s)/Serpent Scale (=+105a 111d 1941s)
all B,L,ESUR
killadaemon666
Clan Member

Postby ASHER » September 2nd, 2009, 4:35 pm

me to i just freaking think it is halarious when i seduce a mermaid or meduca
ASHER

Return to Hall of Answers