An Old Friend

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

An Old Friend

Postby King Jupiter » August 23rd, 2006, 7:31 am

..::Sighing slightly as his slender fingers wrapped around the brass door handle Ariik hesitated before pulling the large wooden door ajar. Familiar sounds, smells, and sights bombarded his senses. Before he could even realize what was happening old memories flooded the already clouded mind. Letting a small smile snake to his thin lips, he pulled the hood tight around his pointed ears and face as he headed for a table out of the mainstream entertainment. Once seated a glance stole at the room revealed some sights for sore eyes, and others just sore sights::..

..::A noise broke through the steady gaze as the barmaid cleared her throat, obviously a little impatient. Remembering the events that a Titan barmaid must endure, Ariik pitied the vibrant young woman and simply ordered a pint of the finest ale. Settling into the high back chair and reminiscing the once half-elf sat quietly, until one roaring laugh or another roused him from deep thought. Starting to feel quite well about his decision to return to his first home he brought the pint, which the barmaid had left without much ceremony, to his lips and quietly toasted Titan::..

"A home as it first was"
King Jupiter

Postby Darkan Rhal » August 23rd, 2006, 8:45 am

*Sitting in the shadow cast by the fire, Darkan watches as Ariik saunters in and takes a seat. He seems to not notice the barmaid as she tries to get his drink order. Darkan know why.

He rises up and glides over to his dear friend. Uncharacteristically taking a seat at the bar, Darkan signals to the barmaid to bring him one of the same ales that KingJupiter has just order.

Raising his mug towards Ariik, Darkan takes a sip*
Darkan Rhal
Clan Member

Postby King Jupiter » August 23rd, 2006, 8:49 am

..::A chill crawls down Ariik's spine, the type that comes from one person alone. Without looking from beneath the cloak he knew well who had seated themselves with him, and truth be told he welcomed the company. Raising his head his silver eyes reflected the warm fire roaring in the tavern. Carefully looking over the mage he seemed to remeber him slightly different, but the cause he could not place::..

"Darkan, I trust you have been staying out of trouble?"
King Jupiter

Postby Darkan Rhal » August 23rd, 2006, 8:55 am

*In his red eyes the depths of saddness is revealed as memories threaten to over whelm him. Regain his composure, a false smile crosses his face*

"Trouble, aye, that Kender is all the trouble I can handle at the moment, he's my responsibility now, and I'm not going to let him down."

*Taking another sip of ale, the elf can already feel the affects of the alcohol, so he sets it down and pushes it away*

"But what of you, what has the great Ariik been up to of late?"
Darkan Rhal
Clan Member

Postby King Jupiter » August 23rd, 2006, 9:07 am

..::The question he had dread, excuse after excuse came to mind, though he was a lousy liar and most knew that. No he would have to come to terms with the events someday, but for now they could stay buried away in the depths of his mind. Taking another, larger, drink from the ale he cherished the taste swirling it in his mouth before swallowing it. What had Darkan meant of Tang being his responsibility, already it seemed there was much catching up to do::..

"Just curious old companion, but what has exactly happened with the kender in my abscense?" ..::He hoped this would steer the conversation away from his own leave::..
King Jupiter

Postby Gakhan » August 23rd, 2006, 7:12 pm

A dark figure sat in his shadowy alcove and watched the passings of the bar. The little figures running about with joyous thoughts running through their minds and shadows in their hearts. The figure slowly drank his elven wine and watched as the door opened once more. It seemed the shadows were restless as the unseen face of the elf showed surprise. It was someone who had been gone for so very long.

I wonder what brings him back to this place? Perhaps he will remember his friends dark corner.

As he thought about this he smiled to himself as the newcomers shadow wrapped itself around the man, causing him to appear completely black and untouched by the light.
Gakhan Val'istar :: Killer of Shadows :: Shadowwalker
Gakhan

Postby Darkan Rhal » August 23rd, 2006, 8:04 pm

*Darkan seemed to loose himself in thought at the question, what indeed had happened to the Kender, Darkan knew now, for the past year that's what he'd been searching for, answers to why the unfortunate exchange had occurred during his ritual, one that Ariik had been a participant. Reluctantly Darkan answered*

"The ritual, the one gone astray, we, er I have been searching for answers, it was a miscalculation on my part, but the Kender seems to be handling it well. He's learned a bit of discipline, a remarkable feat for one such as Tang. The magic he received has brought him great power, probably more power than any Kender has ever held, and yet he is doing well, I am happy to say. As for being my responsibility, it is my fault, so I watch out for him, keep him out of trouble as best I can, teach him what I am able."

*The sadness in his voice is palatable, with almost a quiver of remorse*

"But what of you, you seemed to have side stepped my question, what have you been up to, and what brings you back?"
Darkan Rhal
Clan Member

Postby zipcat » August 23rd, 2006, 9:07 pm

* She smiled at her cup, the apple cider still to hot for her to drink. Every once in a while, she would peek up at the door, watching for new people as always; she loved to make new friends. Her attention always came back to her cup, though, as she waited patiently for it to cool. Her green cloak was draped over the back of her chair, the vine-like dress out for all to see. *

* Peeking up again, she saw that someone had joined them. She wasn't sure, but with how the person had his face hidden she assumed that she didn't know the person. The stranger didn't have a form that she recognized, or any other characteristics she might notice. Knowing it was rude to stare, she lifted her glass to test it on her lips again. It was still way to hot, and she didn't want to burn her tongue and not taste the rest of it. *

* She knew she could wait for it, and that it would soon cool, but she didn't want to take too long and miss whoever had come into the tavern. She touched the glass with the slightest bits of magic, making it cool until it was just right. Holding her cup in her hands, she only hesitated a tiny bit before standing and walking over to the others. *

* She stopped before getting too close; she didn't want to interrupt them or anything. That would be rude, and so she made sure that it was well enough that she wouldn't hear what they were saying either, she didn't want to look like a spy. When both of the men weren’t speaking, she stepped forward just a little bit in hope to be noticed so she could meet them. She smiled at the chance to make two new friends. *

"Hello," she bowed her head, keeping her eyes on the strangers, "I'm zip, mind if I join you two?"
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby King Jupiter » August 23rd, 2006, 9:36 pm

..::Thankful for the momentary interruption Ariik raised his head to the new voice, knowing full well that the question at hand would need to be answered at a later date. Bowing his head in acknowledgement he motioned slightly with his hand, one of the heavy wooden chairs sliding out in front of the woman::..

"Please do..." ..::A pause as the name is pulled from the past few seconds, his attention afterall had been elsewhere::.. "...zip. I am Ariik, and my companion here is Darkan," ..::A slight smile curved the celestial lips as hand motioned behind him this time::.. "and my other companion would be Gakhan."
King Jupiter

Postby Gakhan » August 23rd, 2006, 10:44 pm

Gakhan smiled, his celestial friend had recognized him after so long. Then again it must be hard to miss someone with an aura as dark as the elf's. With his joke being up Gakhan let himself slide into the shadowplane, a very short trip through the corridors of shadow, and then he slid out of another shadow, his chair still beneath him.

The shadow he came from was cast by Darkan, and he ended up sitting directly next to the newcomer Zip, his elbow almost touching her hip.

Indeed, I am Gakhan Val'istar. Zip is your name I believe?

The mage held his hand out for the lady.
Gakhan Val'istar :: Killer of Shadows :: Shadowwalker
Gakhan

Postby zipcat » August 23rd, 2006, 11:19 pm

* She watched the chair move on its own, smiling softly. A long time ago she would have been impressed, or even frightened, but now she knew that the offer was just that. She smiled at Darkan as he was introduced, and quickly found the man she hadn't noticed before when he was pointed out. That she hadn't noticed him before was a bit troublesome, but she gave him a smile too. *

* Her eyes widened as the man kept coming closer than she thought he would, but she trusted that she would be safer in Titan's Golden Griffon and so kept her place even though she thought she knew better. Not knowing just what to do with his hand, she touched the tips of her fingers to his in a greeting manor. She let a nod answer his question. *

* "It's nice to meet each of you," She then took the seat, along with a sip of the perfect cider. This one was extra sweet, making it taste better as well as be better for her. *
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Darkan Rhal » August 24th, 2006, 8:39 am

*A bit of frustration would well up deep with in the pit of Darkan's stomach, he felt for some reason he must know what his friend had been up to for the past year, the mix of emotions dancing in Ariik's eyes told Darkan that he was struggling to come to terms with what ever it was, but it would have to wait.

His frustration would grow with the growing crowd gathering around the celestial, Ariik seemed to have that affect, to gather people; people just liked him and wanted to be near him.

Turning his attention to the new comer, he would be fascinated by her timid appearance; this would ease his frustration giving his mind something to focus on. Was she as shy and timid as she appeared? What lay hidden beneath this façade? He had to find out*

"Good day, Zip. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. There is no need to fear us, no harm will come to you here, that is unless you bring harm with you."
Darkan Rhal
Clan Member

Postby Tordek » August 24th, 2006, 1:38 pm

"Come on seven! That's right!....Oooh! Seven!"

The craps game over in the corner table stole a moments attention with Tordek's winning.

"Ooh, look alive. We have his high and holy self aboard! It's true being from the past! And another!"

Managing to shave a few coins from his oppenents as he points up at Ariik and Gakhan, he quickly returns to the game for one last round.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby King Jupiter » August 25th, 2006, 8:12 am

..::Concealing the smile generated by the frustration of the archmage Ariik turned his attention back to the gentle woman, a very interesting one this Zip seemed to be. With a small wave of his hand and a mumbled word in elvish a white rose would appear tucked safely behind her ear, shimmering slightly in the firelight::..

"A gift from a friend m'lady.."

..::Just as he had finished the sentence a loud cry from a busy table caught his attention, growing annoyed at the growing interest he sighed and removed the hood, figuring that time for discretion was over now. Running a hand through the silver locks of hair he glared at Tordek before his face eased into a gentle grin. Winking at Zip and giving Darkan a look he would know well words to another spell drizzled off his tongue and in little time the largest apple you had ever seen had been planted squarely in the mouth of the bard::..

"That wont stop him for long, but it IS a start..."
..::Letting out a deep chuckle he took another long draw from the ale, not turning once to look for reactions::..
King Jupiter

Postby zipcat » August 26th, 2006, 10:15 pm

* zip's eyebrows crunched into a frown to match the one taking her smile. She didn't know why she was afraid, and wished that the people she could become friends with wouldn't notice if she was. What bothered her the most was that Darkan considered that she may bring harm. She never wanted to harm anyone, in any way. She was out so much, though, and recently trouble always came with her. *

* The last thing she ever wanted was to bring that trouble to Titan. Even if she knew all of it would catch up. She didn't know what to say to Darkan, and so settled with what she could when she was able to push her thoughts away enough to speak. "Good day.." *

* Just then there was a flower in her ear, and the simple thing took her mind back to the happiness it was usually in. She didn’t understand why she was becoming afraid even when she was in Titan. She smiled, tucking a bit of her hair behind the ear that held the flower. She wanted everyone to see it, too. Now behind her, the lock of hair joined the rest of what flowed down her back in waves. *

* "Thank you" She really thought that flowers were pretty, and wearing one made her feel pretty, too. She wasn't too distracted by the card players, and sipped at her sweet cider. She smiled at the treat but saw Arik's wink when she glanced up. The wink sent cold down her spine. It reminded her of someone, and she didn't want to think of that. *
zipcat
Clan Member

Next

Return to Golden Griffon