A traveler

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

A traveler

Postby Tanglehood Wolfgang » August 3rd, 2006, 10:08 am

*The door to the Golden Griffon opens slowly and slightly, through the crack a small head peeks through. His long hair is pulled up and tied at the very top of his head trailing down to the middle of his back. The childlike eyes peer around inquisitively. Then a smile crosses his face, lighting up the bright eyes, and he skips in, leaping up onto a bar stool.

He is dressed in bright orange breeches, a deep purple shirt with a forest green vest. He has numerous pouches and bags hanging all over him, giving him the appearance of a street urchin. Standing only about four foot tall he seems to be a child, but one gets the feel that he is much older than he appears.

Looking around, picking up a small ashtray to play with, he tries to find someone to get him a drink, banging on the bar loudly a small shrill voice screeches

"Hey bar keep, I'll have one mulled cider!"
Tanglehood Wolfgang

Postby Tordek » August 3rd, 2006, 12:55 pm

Tordek knew that voice! Yes he sure did! That was the voice of a tiny, yet mischevious kender. That was Tanglehood!

Grinning mischeviously, he popped his head up from behind the bar. He was fidgeting with a few barrels looking for his special concoction of elven mead. He had this specially imported. Glancing over the bar, he spotted the short fellow immediatley. Sure enough, it was Tanglehood.

Padding his pockets, he had but a few coins in them, nothing too valuable. Crouching back down, he rumaged a moment for and finally spotted an empty barrel that was about to be refilled. Taking away the lid, he grabbed it tight.

With gusto and the stylish and graceful leap of a swashbuckler, Tordek hopped over the counter, and in one fell swoop covered the barrel over the kender!

Taking a step back he fell to the grown instantly in laughter. The sight too much to bear.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby Tanglehood Wolfgang » August 3rd, 2006, 9:39 pm

*Looking down the bar, Tang only caught a brief glimpse of color flash by him, then all went dark*

"Help!! HELP!!!! I'm blind!!! Help!!!"
Tanglehood Wolfgang

Postby Joe » August 8th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Sitting at a table a ways away, Joe was waiting for someone to finally remove the barrel from the small man. Finally realizing it wasn't happening, everyone was laughing too much, Joe levitated the barrel off the poor soul before he started crying in there.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Ekehart » August 8th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Watching the event unfold, Eke can't help but laugh at his beleaguered(sp?) acquaintance. Watching the barrel float off Tang's head, he smiles again.

Eke looks at the kender, making sure that his pockets contain almost nothing of value, and goes on.

OOC: Tis good to see you back around.
Ekehart
Clan Member

Postby Tanglehood Wolfgang » August 11th, 2006, 9:05 am

*The screams of help fade away as Tang looks around to see what happened, seeing the barrel floating just above his head, then seeing Tordkek laying on the ground laughing, he figures it out*

That was a good one Tordy, I never saw that coming, what'd ya do, jump over the bar, wow, that was some jump, I'm soooo glad to be back, I've really missed you guys, but that crazy mage has had us going to all kinds of crazy places loooking for something, I'm not sure what but it sounded scary, but you'll have to watch your back, just wait, I'll get you good. Hehe, how ya been?"

*Tang jumps down off of the stool and pounces on the bard tickling him (lifting a coin pouch in the process) Then hopping up he turns to the man at the table who seems to be holding up the barrle*

"Hi, my names Tang, well it's actually Tanglehood Wolfgang, well not really, it's really Tanglehood Burrfoot, but Burrfoot wasn't scary enough when I left my home, so I changed it to Wolfgang, pretty scary huh, so now I'm Tanglehood Wolfgang, nice to meet you."

*Tang extends him tiny hand to shake*

"Hey Eke, you fiend you, how ya been?"
Tanglehood Wolfgang

Postby Ekehart » August 12th, 2006, 12:58 am

Surprised at being mentioned by name by the little kender, he smiles, and answers, "Well, you little thieving bugger you, I'm doing quite well. My pockets are bulging a bit more since you haven't been around. It will be intriguing."

Remembering the scene that just unfolded, he laughs again.

Eke
Ekehart
Clan Member

Postby Joe » August 12th, 2006, 11:27 pm

Joe looks down at the small man and offers his hand in return, smiling wide, "Yes that is quite a scary name. If I didn't see that you were friends with my fellow clansmen already I might be inclined to run away. As is, it's nice to meet you, Tanglehood."
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Tanglehood Wolfgang » August 14th, 2006, 5:47 pm

*Tang shakes the offered hand vigorously and takes a large breath, then begins to talk at a rather accelerated pace*

"Wow, that was so cool, you can do magic, I can do magic, well not real magic like that, but I'm not very good at it so I don't do it much, 'cause when I do bad things tend to happen, but Darkan says I need to practice more, 'cause I can't control it very well, so things get broke or burned or washed way or whatever when I do, but Darkan's never mad about and he never yells at me, he just pats me on the head and says that it will be alright, and sometimes I feel like he's treating me like a child, and I'm not, just because I'm small doesn’t mean I'm a kid, I'm full grown and all, 33 years old, and sometimes it makes me so mad, but Darkan's so nice now that I don't want to hurt his feelings so I don't say anything, I've been in and round Titan for a good number of years, I don't remember seeing you here before, I remember Gak, I wish he was here again, we used to play hide and seek, he won most of the time 'cause he can to that shadow jumping thing, but sometimes he'd have a hard time finding me, 'cause I can fit into smaller places than he can, so who are you and what do you do around here?"
Tanglehood Wolfgang

Postby Ekehart » August 14th, 2006, 11:05 pm

Still seated, Eke watches and laughs as the kender assails the man.

"Tang, you should really let the man rest. He might have some mental block against kender-fast-speak."

He shakes his head, knowing full well what its like to be on the other end of such a question.
Ekehart
Clan Member

Postby Joe » August 15th, 2006, 12:46 pm

"I'm sorry, where are my manners? Your frightening name must have shocked me enough to forget. My name's Joe. I haven't been in Titan for too long, but somehow they decided to make me an ambassador here. Speaking of which, I haven't seen you around before. Are you from another clan that I might not have had the pleasure of visiting yet?" As he was speaking, Joe noticed the mulled cider sitting on the bar where Tanglehood had tried to order it. Without missing a beat in his speach he lifted his hand and the mug, wacthing it hover over to him out of the corner of his eye, just behind Tanglehood, so that, when he finished speaking, it reached his hand and he was offering it to the kender as he asked his question.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Tordek » August 15th, 2006, 6:50 pm

Striking his hand accross his neck furtively, Tordek was signalling to Joe that it was best to keep silence with the kender.

"He's trouble this Tanglehood. Trouble! DOOOM!"

Tordek waggles his eyebrows comically.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby Tanglehood Wolfgang » August 16th, 2006, 9:51 am

*Seeing the cider float over to Joe, Tang's eyes lit up with delight, reaching out and taking offered drink, Tang took a big gulp, wiped his upper lip with the sleeve of his left arm, then let out a belch much to big for his small body*

"Pardon me, hehe."

*Hearing Eke's comment, Tang tries to slow down a bit*

"but anyway, I was in Titan years ago, then I left, went to another clan, then Darkan and I, we've been traveling now for about a year, but he says we're back for a while, I hope that means we're back to stay."

*Tang turns quickly at Tordek calling him a trouble maker*

"I am most certainly not! Well, I am, in trouble quite a bit, I don't start it, trouble just seems to have a nack at finding me, so there."

*With that Tang would stick his tongue out at Tordek*

"So Joe, where was I, oh yeah, here to stay, thats what I want. Darkan's started cleaning out his old Tower, about time, it's all dark and dank in there. It's that big black monolith standing just outside of town, the scary one, you might have seen it, but anyway where do you come from?"
Tanglehood Wolfgang

Postby Joe » August 16th, 2006, 1:48 pm

Where did he come from? Joe paused at the question for a moment, not because it was an odd one to him, but because ever since he came to Titan, only Tharris had even bothered with asking. People just assumed he was traveling from another clan, just like they did on his ambassadorial travels. "Well, I, uh, I fell out of the sky." he paused again, this time to see the reaction on the little guy's face. "I was born in another world, very different from this one. It had cities filled with great towers, much larger than Darkan's. But mage's didn't live in them, they were places of business, or giant inns. Steam and smoke filled the skys from giant factories that made technology. Much of the world was a very scary place to be, especially for magic. The technology interfered with the magic there, and people who knew magic were forced to leave the cities and live far away in the cuontryside. Before I came here, I was on a quest to unite all the mages. I traveled the world, collecting spells and sharing them so that our magic wouldn't die. That was until I found the mirror. It turned out to be a portal to this world that dropped me right out of the sky and onto an unsuspecting orc, poor thing. But I've been in Titan ever since, trying to learn as much magic here as I can, so that if I ever do get to go back to my world, I'll have even more to share to keep the magic alive there."
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Tordek » August 16th, 2006, 4:08 pm

"Heh. Somebody's been eatin' on them mushrooms from ole' Kiana's grove."

Mouthing the words "He's crazy" to Tanglehood, Tordek turns around in his chair away from Joe. He bangs on the table signalling he wants in on the next hand of cards.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Return to Golden Griffon