ANY BASKETBALL PLAYERS HERE?

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

ANY BASKETBALL PLAYERS HERE?

Postby bow4lyf » August 2nd, 2006, 2:43 pm

Boring summer, just finding that basketball is winter game! How about that! Well, the outside courts are good when not wet now. Any1 here on the basketball team? (ie. school, community)

If so, what position do u guys play?

PS: I also saw this guy who can do backwards hook almost 100% of the time!!!!! Oh ya, and the commercial where Kobe shot full court shots and socred like 5 in a row! :shock:
Image <---- Say "Hi" to Phillip! ^^
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Zuka Zamamee » August 2nd, 2006, 4:53 pm

I was a shooting guard for a while when I played basketball in Tomball. Sports really never had that much of an appeal for me, and that was my only sport I ever took. From 6th grade until the end of my sophomore year I was in band.

Marching band > sports.
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Cheshire » August 2nd, 2006, 5:32 pm

it wasn't kobe, it was LeBron in a powerade commercial 8-)

I use to play back in elementry school, i was a forward (In jr high and HS i played Tennis on the school team for all 4 years)
*DC Name: Cheshire3 (send all mail & packages there)*

(Personal List Records)
Fame: #6 - 30k (2/22/09)
Skill: #4 - 23k (12/12/08)
Guild: #6 (2/15/10)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby Guest » August 2nd, 2006, 8:07 pm

yup, tennis, good sport too.

I play small fwrd and sometimes point guard.

The only tip I for you guys is that basketball is about teamwork and not always about how accurate you are at shooting hoops. In many formations it takes 90% of completing the moves and 10% accuracy. Remember that.

Postby bow4lyf » August 2nd, 2006, 8:08 pm

aw darn... forgot to log in. :?
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Tordek » August 3rd, 2006, 4:48 am

I played basketball! When I was...5? Good times.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby Rufus Shinra » August 3rd, 2006, 5:03 am

Ive been playing since i was 7 :), Play Small foward or shooting guard, depending on what team im on. I play VBL Basket ball for a Victorian Team ( Rememeber im aussie hahahaha ) and play for a domestic team, love domestic, so easy to score when ur playing alot lower skilled people :) love the sport and will be playing it aslong as someone will give me a singlet.
DC Name = President_Rufus
Proud Member of Clan Titan
Rufus Shinra
Clan Member

Postby bow4lyf » August 3rd, 2006, 2:58 pm

ya.. i know wt u mean... when ever i get a game... theres always fat people who runs too slow on their team. And voila! we win!
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby BullMinotaur » August 9th, 2006, 10:46 pm

When I played basket ball in High School I was the Post. I still love basketball. I still play ever now and then when i get a chance. And their enough people to 3 on 3 or more. Keeping the ball moveing is they best way to beat any team. I can't play with selfish people that want the rock all for them selves. I am a pretty fair at shooting, I love pick and rolls that is all ways kinda fun to see some hit the brick wall lol. I love to play defence so who wants me on there team lol.
Inside Every Man Beats the Heart of a Bull!!!Sig by Madstoller
BullMinotaur
Clan Member

Location: Tucumcari New Mexico. Yes New Mexico is in the USA.

Postby Hallia » August 10th, 2006, 12:51 am

I played in elementary school (private school you HAD to be in a sport, they only had like 12 people in the entire grade. Then they got a cheer squad and I joined that instead.) Now I dance, and for all those out there who disagree IT'S A SPORT. You put a football player in my dance class, he'll come out and tell you dance is a sport. I dance Jazz, Ballet, Tap, and Hip-Hop.

"A woman is like a teabag, you can never tell how strong she is untill you put her in hot water" -Elenor Roosevelt
Hallia

Postby jadewik » August 10th, 2006, 12:33 pm

I'm a baller.... shot caller... err... song... nvm.

I played basket in Jr High and High School. I mostly played center and forward because of my height, but I did get put in as point guard a couple times. I also played at the rec center in college and totally pwned.

I've been told I have great fundamentals. My form shooting with either hand is damn good.

But, now that I've graduated and have a "real job", I have a hard time finding people to play with (I prefer the team setting as I'm not motovated enough to play solo in this Arizona weather) and time to play. Not to mention, I'm out of shape.... *sigh*

... and while I miss basketball a lot, I really miss pole-vault and high-jump. Don't know where I'd find the facilities for those sports. =(
Clan Titan:
Role-Play Characters: carnelianfire & Ebon-Ashe

Posted Artwork Shared Under Creative Commons
Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby bow4lyf » August 10th, 2006, 2:18 pm

Yup, basketball is a good sport! :D
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Return to Golden Griffon