Fave Youtube Channels?

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Fave Youtube Channels?

Postby jadewik » April 30th, 2012, 10:07 pm

I'm going through some of my favourite Youtube channels and some newer channels and really digging them today. I thought I'd share my favorites and ask you all what your favourite channels are too!

The Piano Guys
This channel is relatively "new", but I love how the videos combine classical and baroque music with more modern songs... add a hint of AWESOME SAUCE and you get this wonderful channel of delicious music. Plus, they put a piano on a train and go sky-diving with a cello... I'd say that's pretty freaking awesome. My fave videos are:
* "Peponi" - They take Coldplay's song "Paradise" and put an African spin on it. I especially love the film location-- the edge of the Grand Canyon! =D
* "Moonlight" - It's Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata", but it has a modern twist... and it's filmed in the Salt Lake Salt flats. Yummy scenes!
* "Beethoven's 5 Secrets" -- This video combines One Republic's song "Secrets" with 5 different melodies from 4 movements of Beethoven's 5th Symphony. I know that sounds like a lot of classical mumbo-jumbo, but give it a listen. If you like One Republic's song, you'll love this new twist.

Geek & Sundry - The Flog
I don't know how long this channel has been out, but I'm digging Felicia Day's video series called "The Flog". I think it's only in its 5th week, but the geek in me is in love with the channel-- especially after her episode on Blacksmithing! Each episode starts with her fave' 5 things of the week, then goes to a main segment, and she finishes by responding to a fan question. Please keep in mind it's geeky and there is lots of gamer-girl squee-ing and she talks really fast. BUT, it's a hoot! I tune in every Monday. The most recent episode (ep 5) has Felicia wielding a chainsaw to make an ice-sculpture. Of course, I was already a fan of "The Guild"-- they just came out with a new music video-- I'm the One That's Cool (mild language warning on the rock-style lyrics).

... those are my fave channels... I do have some favorite videos...

Tobuscus' channel is a little too quirky for me, but I did chortle when I watched his LITERAL Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood video.

2Cellos is another musical channel. They don't have a lot up right now, but their version of Smooth Criminalis delicious.

A Capella group "On the Rocks" sings a wonderful version of Lady Gaga's song Bad Romance.

What videos do you like? =)
Clan Titan:
Role-Play Characters: carnelianfire & Ebon-Ashe

Posted Artwork Shared Under Creative Commons
Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Return to Golden Griffon