Le sigh

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Le sigh

Postby Zuka Zamamee » March 11th, 2010, 10:09 am

Am I the only one who misses the earlier times of RP? Back when things were more active? Hell, even when I was a n00b things were fun. I remember looking forward to visiting the forums every day to see who all has posted, and then post in reply to them. Sometimes things were so hectic that something I replied to would be on the second or third page by the end of the hour. Now we're lucky if someone's posted anything in the past month.

I looked back at the original Titan website, and browsed through a dozen other forums. I saw a lot of names that I remember, but I never got the opportunity to talk to these people very often. Gakhan, Azrael, Ember, Lady Lillian, King Jupiter, Carrianna, ScribeDSK, Magerone, Flaminfairy, Boywonder, Frenzie, DSPY, Phaeton, Sporon, Domarr, and lots of others.

Man, what I'd give to be able to go back at least 6 years (if not further). Looking back, I'd even have chosen a completely different character than the one I did. I know that everyone has grown up and a lot of people are in or went through college, got married, and had children. But still, most of the RP'ers I know have quit RPing in order to play MMORPG's like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Everquest, etc. I was guilty of playing WoW from May of 2007 to August of 2009, but I'm so glad I quit playing that game. Its like heroine, I swear. You can never get enough of it.

I digress.

Does this depress anyone else, or is it just me?
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Re: Le sigh

Postby TBeck » March 11th, 2010, 4:16 pm

I was just thinking about this the other day.....
It is quite depressing, titan has had some great RP stories here on the forums, but nothing to speak of in the last while.

We should revive this tradition?
TBeck
DC Councillor

Postby Cheshire » March 14th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Get the people and the stories will come... assuming the people aren't too busy... =/
*DC Name: Cheshire3 (send all mail & packages there)*

(Personal List Records)
Fame: #6 - 30k (2/22/09)
Skill: #4 - 23k (12/12/08)
Guild: #6 (2/15/10)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby Curulan » March 16th, 2010, 12:49 pm

I'm still working on ideas. THe only problem is... No one's around so I'm not inspired to actually post :(
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby TBeck » March 16th, 2010, 3:28 pm

If you post it, they will come.... hopefully. If someone does take the initiative to start an epic story, we (i.e. curu) could send out a shameless mass email to all the registered users of the board to try and get them to come back.
TBeck
DC Councillor

Postby Curulan » March 16th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Once I finally get Rotting Rogue finished up, I should be able to start the fun stuff.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Twist Rolarian » March 17th, 2010, 6:36 pm

Isn't that Carn's project?
Twist Rolarian
RP Councillor

Postby jadewik » March 17th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Carn's project... one of many, yes....

I have about enough pages of Rotting Rogue drafted into comic book script to do a single issue... and I have thumbnails for about 4-pages. At this rate, it'll be 20-ish years before I finish.... :blink: BUT if I ever do finish-- it'll be nifty! :D

... I'm always thinking of projects. A couple of weeks ago I saw these trading card things at Michael's... and I thought to myself, "Hey! I should do character trading cards for past Titan characters!" Of course, I already have 50-billion "projects" I'm working on, so I had to talk myself out of it... and scold myself for not working on the Rotting Rogue comic. So I started doodling around in that again.

Maybe I should do character trading cards first... it'd certainly help me draw those characters of yours that I haven't drawn before and flesh 'em out for le comic. Bah!

Seriously, it'd be nice to have help with the script-writing... and a volunteer to colour later... except I'll probably have to colour in Manga Studio because it doesn't seem to like already coloured images. Grrr.... but if I imported the drawings first and exported... I might be able to dole that out! Mehehe!
Clan Titan:
Role-Play Characters: carnelianfire & Ebon-Ashe

Posted Artwork Shared Under Creative Commons
Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Curulan » March 17th, 2010, 8:18 pm

TBH, I completely forgot about Carn's comic. However, the plotline of RR is essentially a prelude to the events I have planned, so it would be good for everyone else to at least have an outline of that to go on. :P
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Agustus » March 19th, 2010, 2:48 am

-_- miss those days
agree with the mmorpgs (play maplestory)
as for the whole epic Rp thing... it would be great to partake in one once again... though with the way things are on titan having the system it has its almost impossible to do... lol everyone is doin there own thing... so basically i give on Rps... there no fun less you have a steady group of ppl and a good story to flow through less you do a random rp like the original Mud wrestling rp Carn started in the old forum or a rp like Zuka's CoANO(probably not the right abbreviation)
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » March 19th, 2010, 11:34 am

Yeah... "everyone doing their own thing" is BAD for RP.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Agustus » March 19th, 2010, 1:52 pm

oi
dont get me wrong
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby zipcat » March 19th, 2010, 7:53 pm

Yeah... Every now and again I find myself habitually checking all of the forums for role plays to join or read. Even when a good one does start, people seam to only be able to be in it for a month or so. And you have so many people who wait a month or two to reply... so, by then a lot of people want to move on and continue.

At that point I just started subscribing to all of the Role plays I'm in or reading, now I lazily only look at forums once a week or so unless there's an email notification.

I'd love to be posting every day again.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Carzal » March 29th, 2010, 9:25 pm

I'd like to point out that I'm the coolest person on this board.

Just FYI.

The thing about RPs is that, unlike D&D, it lacked a game-master to make things fair. It was inherently unbalanced and relatively unguided. And what was worse was that whenever we started one, it tended to go "we post every hour for the first two days, and then once a day for a week, and then once a week for a month and then... stop."

RPing was awesome, and I think of it as the basis for a lot of the writing and planning that I do now, either for my novels or for my D&D campaign.

What we need is a facebook RP session; people use FB too much, why not put it to use?
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Agustus » April 1st, 2010, 6:18 am

i kinda agree about the facebook thing.... its sadly addicting and i prefer it more than myspace(really dont like myspace -_-) as for you being the coolest thing since the invention of sand..... nah your as cool as a cucumber
Agustus
Clan Member

Next

Return to Golden Griffon