Site Update Announcement Thread

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Site Update Announcement Thread

Postby Curulan » August 23rd, 2008, 1:06 am

Edit: For those of you seeing this for the first time, all updates I make to this forum will be posted here. Make sure to read it if it says there is a new post! Feel free to discuss changes or ask questions in this thread, too.

As you may have noticed, we have upgraded the forums (finally) to phpBB3, the latest in the phpBB series of forum software. There are many improvements to the old software, and I'm sure you'll see much of it just playing around the site, but I did want to bring the following things to your attention for now:

Since I had to do a new install, not all the MODs that I had installed before are restored. Many of the MODs I had on the phpBB2 board are now standard of phpBB3, and I have a handful of other MODs all set to be installed. I just need to find the time to do it.

One change is the addition of the Birthday option on your profile. I would encourage all of you to fill this section out. When you do, members will be able to see how old you are and an announcement will be displayed at the bottom of the forums on your birthday.

There are now four different themes. Here is a general overview of them:
Prosilver - This is the new default theme for phpBB3.
Subsilver2 - This theme is based on the original phpBB2 subSilver theme.
Titan Default - If you haven't changed anything, you're likely using this theme. This is my personal favorite theme of all the ones I tried to find. It is based on Prosilver.
Titan Classic - This theme is closer to the them we used on the phpBB2 board and it is based on Subsilver2.

As a closing note, I had to go through many of the settings manually to get everything working. If you notice something not working, or you lost a rank (by this, I mean the title that shows what rank you hold within the clan or your own clan if you're not a Titan member. We can't do custom titles again yet; I'm still working on that), or you lost access to something you had before or anything at all you notice is wrong or different, let me know in this thread and I will work on fixing it as quickly as I can.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Re: New forum software: phpBB3

Postby zipcat » August 23rd, 2008, 1:29 am

It looks great. There are a lot of new useful functions too!

Who knew a forum could be so pretty?

I like how the little side panel thing with user information is now on the right. It looks weird at first but it's so much easier looking where you clicked to view a topic and seeing the text right there.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » August 23rd, 2008, 1:55 am

I'm digging this new layout.

Good job, Curu. Thanks a ton :D
James
RP Councillor

Postby LightSol » August 24th, 2008, 11:37 am

Thanks for the upgrade mate, the new layout doesn't work that well for me (yet) , but its great anyways, oh and theres an error in the classic template that the top image is stretched so maybe thats fixable.
All in all , the upgrade is great(Exclamation mark, some virus or something has messed up my 1-4 keys, only numpad works )
LightSol
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » August 24th, 2008, 4:27 pm

I know what you're talking about; I flipped the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the image in the settings. There was a similar error in the default template that I already fixed; I just didn't check Classic.

I just installed a custom title mod. You are welcome to set those again.

Edit: I took the custom, non-face smilies off the posting page because they take up too much room on the form. You can still see all of them by clicking the "View more smilies" link underneath the smilies.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Curulan » August 27th, 2008, 10:54 pm

You can now select your country of origin and have a flag display on your profile. I understand that many of our members are from the United States, but I would love to see our non-Americans fly their flags proudly!
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Curulan » September 2nd, 2008, 7:48 pm

You are now able to use the URL http://forum.clantitan.org/ to get directly to this board.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Re: Forum Update Announcement Thread

Postby Curulan » September 7th, 2008, 2:35 pm

I am switching new accounts to Admin activation until further notice. New spam accounts are being created and I don't yet have a "post count requirement before posting URLs" MOD.

If an account looks like it was created only to spam, it will be deleted. If I am not sure, I will send an email asking you to confirm your account. :)

EDIT: No new spam accounts have been made, so I've restored new accounts to user activation.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Curulan » December 1st, 2008, 1:30 pm

Spambots are back, it seems, but I still don't have an easy way to prevent it. :(
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby TBeck » December 1st, 2008, 6:48 pm

we could try to implement a basic DC trivia system :lol:
TBeck
DC Councillor

Postby Curulan » December 2nd, 2008, 1:49 am

If only I knew how...
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Curulan » June 5th, 2009, 8:20 pm

I've finally updated the base version of the board to 3.0.5, but had to get rid of the add-ons to do it. I'll be working on that shortly. If something seems missing, it probably is and I'll get to it eventually. Even so, let me know if things seem weird or don't work properly.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Curulan » June 8th, 2009, 11:28 pm

I installed a feature that should help cut down on the spammer registrations. Registration is now fully open without admin activation.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Curulan » June 11th, 2009, 11:16 pm

I installed a portal page for the forum. There are some minor color issues until I can figure out what exactly I need to change (and appropriate colors to change them to).

EDIT: The portal has been temporarily removed as I upgrade the script to a better version.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Curulan » June 16th, 2009, 5:20 pm

Finally integrated the chat page with the forum templates properly. Also fixed a minor graphics quirk with the Titan Style theme that's been bugging me for a while.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Next

Return to Golden Griffon