Back to school, back to school....

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Back to school, back to school....

Postby boywonder » August 14th, 2008, 1:27 am

SO! For everyone furthering their education (or even if you're still in basic/secondary ed)...

When do your classes start? Any interesting ones? For those in college/upper eschelons of knowledge, what're you going for and plan on doing after?

In Missouri, USA college starts 08-25-2008! I have no interesting classes at all, but I am taking a higher certification in SCUBA diving through a private company, so yeah... that, school, and a full time government job, woooo - aka that's my soul sucking fall.

I was in for psychology, finished, now i'm in for english education. i plan on moving back overseas and teaching english for public and private schools wherever my parent company places me.

My friends all call me old scratch and I am a Capricorn
My turn ons are romantic walks and killing the unborn
boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby Ominous » August 14th, 2008, 7:19 am

I'm back at college early for RA training. I got back the 12th, it's two weeks until orientation and another week until classes start.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Loth Emnati » August 14th, 2008, 10:24 am

I'm trying to finish my major in biochemistry.

I have no good idea of what the coming year will bring. I've kind of crossed over to pure chemistry and is a bit afraid that I end up sitting between two chairs. . . I think there is a fifty-fifty chance that I either get a Ph.D or get a 8-16 job as a drug-label checker :B
Loth Emnati

Postby thepunisher » August 14th, 2008, 5:11 pm

as of now im still working on finishing my bachelors in Criminal Justice with a double minor in Sociology and Military Science. The Military Science comes from me being contracted and scholarshpped Army ROTC
thepunisher

Postby boywonder » August 15th, 2008, 1:34 am

i put in 4 years US Navy while getting school leave, its worth it, and you'll love the work you do serving your country.

loth, what's an 8-16 job? or am i just being a blockhead and should know it already?

om..... is it an all male dorm, coed, or did they end up sticking you in the girls section because they finally learned the truth?

boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby jadewik » August 15th, 2008, 1:01 pm

University here starts Aug 25th, with the Community colleges starting on the 27th.

I'm not looking forward to the extra traffic the crazy under-grads bring to town. =P
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby zipcat » August 15th, 2008, 2:09 pm

Classes start on the 25th here too.

I can't wait!

Even if most of my classes aren't exciting, they'll still be fun. I'm thinking about taking another speech class for fun too. Maybe during the spring.. We'll see :)

Oh and I'm studying biology in secondary education. They've began a new program for teachers this year. It's based off of one at Texas; which are supposedly the most wanted teachers in the states.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Ominous » August 16th, 2008, 12:38 am

I go to Oberlin where all the dorms but one are co-ed. Most of the bathrooms are, too.

Though at the moment I'm the only person on my floor...which is a bit lonely and eerie.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Zuka Zamamee » August 17th, 2008, 1:56 am

School for me starts the 25th. I'll be going to Middle Tennessee State University and I'll be a sophomore this year. I'm getting a degree in Aerospace, concentration Professional Pilot. I got my commercial pilot license on 6-20-2008 (private pilot license on 5-20-2006 and instrument rating on 5-12-2007), and I'm going for my multi-engine commercial license this semester. Hopefully, come spring semester, I'll be getting my Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) license, and soon after that the instrument version (CFII) and multi-engine instructor (MEI) licenses.

If I figure the math correctly, I'll be flight instructoring for two years (junior and senior). Thats four semesters of flight instructing, which would get me A LOT of flight hours and should get me hired by an airline fairly quickly.

Woot long-ish post. :D
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Loth Emnati » August 17th, 2008, 2:15 pm

boywonder wrote:loth, what's an 8-16 job? or am i just being a blockhead and should know it already?

Just a blockhead I guess. :P An 8 hours-a-day job in the 24 hours notation
Loth Emnati

Postby Curulan » August 17th, 2008, 8:34 pm

"8 to 16" translates to "8 am to 4 pm" for people who don't understand how to tell time like normal people. :p
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby boywonder » August 18th, 2008, 12:49 am

lol thanks folks. it would be 0800 to 1600 if you want military time. ANYWAYS......

:( one week from tomorrow school starts. i can't say i'm that interested in going back... goodbye free time

Curu are you totally finished with school?

boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby Cheshire » August 19th, 2008, 11:49 am

@omin

The bathrooms are co-ed too?!? hehehehe
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby Ominous » August 19th, 2008, 5:31 pm

Yeah, Chesh, it's really no big deal. We don't have any creepers like you, so it's not a problem. :P
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Cheshire » August 19th, 2008, 5:50 pm

I wasn't thinking "creepin"... I've lived on co-ed floors in the dorms and there was a good amount of hookups. Think along those lines ;)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Next

Return to Golden Griffon