RPG(DND) PEOPLE WANTED

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

RPG(DND) PEOPLE WANTED

Postby LightSol » August 11th, 2008, 5:23 am

Ok , so we have 1 or 2 players already, it would be nice to have another one or two :D
So , the game is dnd, place is our irc server, dice arent needed because i got a bot that can do all the dice throwing for you.
The main book will imediatly provided as you ask to join.
Character sheets will be provided as well, depending on what software you have.
Over and out, LightSol
Last edited by LightSol on August 25th, 2008, 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
LightSol
Clan Member

Postby Ominous » August 11th, 2008, 7:59 am

You could also start an RP in Palace Rantings.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby LightSol » August 11th, 2008, 11:15 am

Well, generaly the idea is that im not starting it yet, im just looking if there would be people with which it could be started for now
LightSol
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » August 11th, 2008, 1:02 pm

TitanRP is not the same as D&D, just so you know. It's interactive storytelling, not a pen-and-paper hack-n-slash.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby zipcat » August 11th, 2008, 1:40 pm

Hey Light.

Curulan is right in saying that we don't do DnD RP here; not that our members don't like to! I believe we have a few that do, or visitors that do, who might be interested in a DnD style one.

However we can do chat RP's too.. personally I find them to be harder but it sounds like a decent idea.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Shane of Clan Titan » August 11th, 2008, 2:51 pm

The problem in chat rp is that you can not accurately describe the inner workings of your character. Since it is much higher paced chracter-development is much slower.

But as Jade stated... if you want to have a go at it, and find some people interested. Give it a shot and have heaps of fun. :D

Picture was modified by PaRa618
Shane of Clan Titan

Postby James » August 11th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Hmm. I might be interested.

I call the chaotic neutral bard. :D
James
RP Councillor

Postby LightSol » August 12th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Well, sure it doesnt have to be dnd, just the thing is that i have come to the conclusion that i must host a rp game for myself finaly , and since dnd is the system i know best, and i think is the easiest from em in my opinion :) And as i want something that has action in it , so interactive story telling wouldnt work for me , because well, doesnt have ENOUGH interaction in it :)
LightSol
Clan Member

Postby boywonder » August 13th, 2008, 2:34 am

there is always that 'instant messenger rping' or whatever. talk to carzal about that, he told me about it way back before i left (again). i believe you rp over an im of your choice, and whoever types faster in a 'fight' wins. i don't know much more, i've never participated in anything like that

My friends all call me old scratch and I am a Capricorn
My turn ons are romantic walks and killing the unborn
boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby LightSol » August 13th, 2008, 5:35 am

But that sort of rp is against each other, as i've said, i want to host a player vs. environment game (with maybe some pvp if you prefer so ;) ) so that wouldnt work either but thanks anyways, will check it out sometime ^^
So ok, we have 1 person who wants to join, if 2 more put their heads up, im starting a new thread in the palace , with info and links and everything ^^
LightSol
Clan Member

Postby boywonder » August 13th, 2008, 7:08 am

send me a pm with details and i'll let you know if i'm down for it

My friends all call me old scratch and I am a Capricorn
My turn ons are romantic walks and killing the unborn
boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby jadewik » August 13th, 2008, 10:30 am

I know there were a bunch of old Titans who used to get together to play DnD online... I don't know if any of them are around at the moment, though. Still, you might have luck.

I'm personally not interested in DnD. I have friends who play every other Thursday night. I used to play with them, but I had more fun doing character sketches than rolling to determine everything my character would do. So now, when I go over there, I just draw the whole time. I'm a bigger fan of text RP-- it's easier for me to act in character and it keeps my interest better than when I have to break it up with a roll of the dice, a calculation, and someone telling me how crap I rolled. (I got 1's and 2's a lot... ) I'm not mentioning this to discourage you, I'm just saying that I probably will not participate. I do wish you the best, though.

I'll see if I can track down some of those Titans who might be interested.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby LightSol » August 13th, 2008, 1:24 pm

Thanks for helping out jade, and dont forget that it doesnt just get said like you roll 20, you hit, next :P its (atleast i think it should be) more like you roll how well and how much you do, and then i tell how it happens :D eg. you roll 19 , hit for 9 = you slash the monsters ear off, and cut in to his shoulder a bit with one swing, and he looks very shaken about it . :D
But if you decide to join up , theres always room ^^
LightSol
Clan Member

Postby James » August 13th, 2008, 4:47 pm

Oy Light, sorry it seemed like I was ignoring you. I'm at work :P
James
RP Councillor

Postby jadewik » August 13th, 2008, 5:56 pm

Anyone seen Carzal around? Didn't he try to do something similar to this once?
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Next

Return to Golden Griffon