Bwahahaha!

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Postby boywonder » June 11th, 2008, 2:01 am

I can speak two languages. English. Bad English.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

My friends all call me old scratch and I am a Capricorn
My turn ons are romantic walks and killing the unborn
boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby Curulan » June 11th, 2008, 12:36 pm

I'm so glad that Titan finally has it's own Electronic Interstellar Tyrannosaurus.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby mikey taylor » June 26th, 2008, 12:27 am

so do you hve a degree in engineering or is this like the same thing but more independently studying to become an engineer? sorry not very informed on this subject but i have a couple of friends majoring in Electrical Engineering...
I'm a real big tymer
mikey taylor
Clan Member

Postby jadewik » June 26th, 2008, 11:26 am

Curulan wrote:I'm so glad that Titan finally has it's own Electronic Interstellar Tyrannosaurus.

RAWR!

Mikey Taylor wrote:so do you hve a degree in engineering or is this like the same thing but more independently studying to become an engineer? sorry not very informed on this subject but i have a couple of friends majoring in Electrical Engineering...

I've had my degree in civil engineering since 2004. This is certification for becoming a professionally licensed engineer. In order to sign and seal plans, you have to be licensed and have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE or EIT) test and also the Professional Engineering (PE) test. The FE is an eight hour comprehensive test (a 4 hour am test, and 4 hour pm test) that covers everything you took (or didn't take) in college. If you'd like a more detailed listing and have something to read PDF files, you can see the complete listing here:
http://www.ncees.org/exams/fundamentals/fe_exam_specs.pdf Everyone does the same morning test. In the afternoon, you choose a test specific to your discipline (civil, mechanical, chemical, electrical, environmental, industrial, or general).

Once you've passed the FE exam and have worked under a professionally licensed engineer for 4 years, you're qualified to take the PE exam. The PE is another 8 hour exam, but it's specifically geared towards your engineering discipline. It's the equivalent of the BAR exam that lawyers have to take before they can practice. Engineers don't have to take either test to do design work, but they do have to pass the PE to be able to approve plans... and nothing can get built without signed plans, so demand for people with a PE is fairly high. It also pays better.

The kicker is the cost. It's $30 to register through the board of technical registration for the FE and $130 each time you take the test. The PE costs $80 to register through the board and $210 to take the test.

If your friends are engineering majors, I suggest they take the FE test their Jr or Sr year of college. You really forget a lot and your chances of passing the test aren't as great if you wait. I can say that waiting is a bad idea. I couldn't take the test while I was in college-- I had no time to study (I was working 30-40 hours a week and taking 18 credits my last 2 semesters in school) and I had no money (I had to borrow $1k from my 'rents just to pay for my last class). I waited a year to take the test after graduating. I had to re-learn lots of things I'd forgotten in that time... and... because I'd forgotten everything, it took me several times to pass. I'm lucky that I did pass.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby mikey taylor » June 28th, 2008, 12:44 am

wow i didn't know that... i thought that the degree got you everything. good luck with everything else you need to do... and getting that raise :)
I'm a real big tymer
mikey taylor
Clan Member

Postby boywonder » July 2nd, 2008, 1:25 am

I just wanted to say I'm glad you're an

Extremely Important Titan!

But how do I take my Titan-Importance test?

boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby jadewik » July 2nd, 2008, 11:19 am

... that's a good idea...

Hmmmm... If you guys will help me come up with questions, I might be able to put something together.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Ominous » July 2nd, 2008, 11:38 am

1. What is Clan Titan's name?

2. Are you a member of Clan Titan?

3. Have you ever played Dragon Court?

etc.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Shane of Clan Titan » July 2nd, 2008, 12:20 pm

boywonder wrote:I can speak two languages. English. Bad English.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Lemme guess:

The Glimmer Man ?
The Last Boyscout ?

Edit: Oh, and gratz Jade.

Picture was modified by PaRa618
Shane of Clan Titan

Postby boywonder » July 3rd, 2008, 12:52 am

Actually Shane, its from Bruce Willis in The 5th Element

but those other two work as well ;)

LETS MAKE A TITAN TEST! here's a good one.... what did the letter at the end of rob dog's name mean? oooooooooooOOOOOooo!

boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby Twist Rolarian » July 3rd, 2008, 1:38 am

DSPY? We wondered that for years, and he would never tell us, no matter how much we badgered (read: threatened) him.
Twist Rolarian
RP Councillor

Postby Shane of Clan Titan » July 3rd, 2008, 4:05 pm

According to google DSPY is an short for Display.

The search goes on...

Picture was modified by PaRa618
Shane of Clan Titan

Postby jadewik » July 3rd, 2008, 5:14 pm

I figured out the infamous "PY" and I knew what the "MB" stood for too... but you'll never get the secret from me. =)
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby boywonder » July 4th, 2008, 1:15 am

i found out only through mass im's that possibly damaged his sanity. but i'll give you a hint: Display is not what DSPY meant ;)

boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby Twist Rolarian » July 4th, 2008, 2:15 am

jadewik wrote:I figured out the infamous "PY" and I knew what the "MB" stood for too... but you'll never get the secret from me. =)

Lies. All I have to do is ask. ;)
Twist Rolarian
RP Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Golden Griffon