Drawing

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Drawing

Postby zipcat » June 7th, 2008, 12:22 pm

I'm practicing my hand drawing a lot now and am starting to get pretty decent at faces and portraits. But I need a lot of practice so I figured I'd offer to draw people's characters. If you want your character drawn please just describe his or her facial features and the expression you'd like.

Important details would be;

Eye: Big eyes, small eyes, squinted, round, almond, deep in the head, close to the eyebrows or not, etc

Eyebrows: Thin, poofy, curved, angled, and so on

Nose: Round, pointy, flat, wide, thin, bent, etc

Lips: Thin, pointy, full, dark, (be sure to include what kind of dimples if you want them smiling; teeth are an important detail too if you want them shone)

Other things to keep in mind are: chin, cheeks, any specific bone details, ears, freckles, mackup, hair style, what they're wearing around their shoulders, and so on

Please describe their expression well too; this is very important because I usually want to put a personality into the face

Picture references are welcomed.

Rules:

1. I really don't want to draw any character who is described as any movie star. If you can find a model who offers use of a picture like a stock I'll do that but they should have their own rules. Many just say "Please link your finished art back to me." Example Granted that will only be a big deal if you want them very similar; if you're just showing me their eyes that shouldn't be a problem.

2. The character needs to have been RP'ed actively for at least three months or shown to be -very- well thought out in their character sheet.

I can't make any promises on how good I'll do; some drawings take me a half hour and look great while others I can spend hours on and have them turn out not as good.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby jadewik » June 7th, 2008, 9:07 pm

I still have the portrait of EA you drew for me. I'd really love a "carn" one to go with it. =)

Eyes: Big eyes, slightly almond in shape... more normal, but slightly almond. They're smiling eyes.
Eyebrows: Thin eyebrows that are like an upside down nike swoosh.... kinda...
Nose: It's a thinner nose somewhere half-between being round and pointy.
Lips: Thin, but pouty lips. Ms. Jolie lips would be too huge and Ms. Julia Roberts' would be too small.
Face Shape: She has a somewhat heart-shaped face. NO freckles. NO makeup
Hair: Carn wears her hair feathered when it's short (short as in just touching her shoulders) or lets it be curly and tied back when it gets longer.
Ears: Her ears are pointy... but not super-long like the elves in WoW who have 1-ft long ears. If you've seen the LOTR movies, her ears are more like that.
Clothing: Carn usually wears a gown of some sort. Something long and flowing or loose around her neck.

Reference Pics here:
* http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/ ... Leader.jpg
(My old sig file)
* See signature below, there's a character portrait of carn that I drew on her character biography page.
Clan Titan:
Role-Play Characters: carnelianfire & Ebon-Ashe

Posted Artwork Shared Under Creative Commons
Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby zipcat » June 9th, 2008, 1:23 pm

Carn

Drawing her was a lot of fun. :)

Hope you like it.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby jadewik » June 9th, 2008, 1:34 pm

That's impressive! You really captured her character in the drawing. She looks stunning. =)

Thanks, zip! =D
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby zipcat » June 9th, 2008, 1:44 pm

Thanks! I tried to give her a curious look.

And you're welcome.
zipcat
Clan Member

Return to Golden Griffon