Iron Man

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Iron Man

Postby jadewik » May 4th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Did anyone else see Iron Man this weekend? It-Was-AWESOME! IronMan kicks off the start of a long string of great summer films. This is truly a great year for movies.

IronMan had something for everyone.... big explosions, action, comedy, "romance" (not the traditional romancing... but kinda James Bond meets Inu Yasha... for lack of a better comparison). The ending is even a slight surprise... though the story does follow the comic books almost to a tee (the exception, my husband says, is that in the comic he gets captured in Vietnam... the movie version applies a little more to us now-a-days by happening in the Middle East).

Overall, it's a great film. If you haven't seen it yet, DO IT!

... Oh, and stay after the credits for the little cut-scene with Nick Fury at the end. =D
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Carzal » May 4th, 2008, 9:20 pm

I almost did
AND THEN I DIDN'T!!

Instead I watched Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo(sic) Bay vhich vas AVESOME! Although alot more nudity than I was expecting. A very significant amount more.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Agustus » May 4th, 2008, 9:45 pm

lol
i watched ironman the day before it was ment to be released XD
though i wish i had stayed after the credits cuz they left it open for a good sequal with S.H.I.E.L.D
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby James » May 5th, 2008, 3:09 am

I agree, it was awesome.

I hate the ending, though.
James
RP Councillor

Postby jadewik » May 5th, 2008, 10:50 am

Agustus wrote:lol
i watched ironman the day before it was ment to be released XD
though i wish i had stayed after the credits cuz they left it open for a good sequal with S.H.I.E.L.D

Very cool, Gus.... but I'm not sure the pre-release version had the Nick Fury scene... One of my co-workers saw the pre-screening of Iron Man on Monday last week. He said he stayed through the whole of the credits and he didn't see the cut-scene with Nick Fury at the end. He also didn't get to see the kick ass previews for Batman, the new Indiana Jones, and Prince Caspian (among others).

James-
What didn't you like about the end? PM me so there's no spoiler.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Chaszofein » May 5th, 2008, 2:38 pm

I saw it saturday with my friend, if you got to FK, he's Farryn, or Uncafesta. It was an awesome movie! If I could afford it, I'd go see it again, and probably a third time after that. But alas, I shall have to wait till it comes out on DVD to see it again. Definitely worth going to see. I loved the ending, that was awesome. Just so many parts of that movie that kicked arse! GO SEE IT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!
Props to Rhayny for the sig
Chaszofein
Frost Knights

Postby boywonder » May 5th, 2008, 3:15 pm

it rocked. hard core awesome. i'd say ironman has been the best release since last year's transformers action wise. that movie was freaking awesome. but it did stray away from the comics a wee bit about 2 or 3 times. the vietnam thing that jade dropped was the biggest one. i didn't stay til the end of the credits, what ended up happening?

My friends all call me old scratch and I am a Capricorn
My turn ons are romantic walks and killing the unborn
boywonder
Clan Ambassador

Postby jadewik » May 5th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Transformers a good action film? Bah! They spent half the film looking for "the glasses" and suddenly they didn't need them anymore. How anti-climatic. Bleh! Visually, transformers was really cool... but it wasn't non-stop action like "Live Free or Die Hard"... which, IMO, was the best action film last year. =)

I'm not going to spoil the cut scene by telling what happened. =P
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby mikey taylor » May 5th, 2008, 4:27 pm

yeah ironman did great at the box office i saw. i didn't see it but after reading your comments i think i will. hey when does prince caspian come out? indiana jones? batman comes out july right?
I'm a real big tymer
mikey taylor
Clan Member

Postby jadewik » May 5th, 2008, 5:04 pm

These are US release dates:

Speed Racer - May 9, 2008
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - May 16, 2008
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - May 22, 2008

The Incredible Hulk - June 13, 2008
Get Smart - June 20, 2008

Hellboy II: The Golden Army - July 11, 2008
The Dark Knight - July 18, 2008

Twilight - December 12, 2008 *swoon*
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Carzal » May 5th, 2008, 10:43 pm

YOU ARE SUCH A WOMAN!
*curses twilight and all of the tween girls who come into his store asking for books from the Teen section, which is Romance under a different name*
*grumble grumble*
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby James » May 5th, 2008, 11:15 pm

jadewik wrote:These are US release dates:

Speed Racer - May 9, 2008
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - May 16, 2008
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - May 22, 2008

The Incredible Hulk - June 13, 2008
Get Smart - June 20, 2008

Hellboy II: The Golden Army - July 11, 2008
The Dark Knight - July 18, 2008

Twilight - December 12, 2008 *swoon*

Did I ever tell you my home town is the one depicted in Twilight? :p
James
RP Councillor

Postby Ominous » May 6th, 2008, 8:10 am

Speed Racer sounds so exciting. Unfortunately, the characters won't be speaking faster than they drive like in the show.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby jadewik » May 6th, 2008, 11:13 am

Carzal wrote:YOU ARE SUCH A WOMAN!
*curses twilight and all of the tween girls who come into his store asking for books from the Teen section, which is Romance under a different name*
*grumble grumble*

Carzal-
Have you read the book? There's more sexual tension in Twilight's Chapter 13 alone than in every Stephen King book ever written... COMBINED. Though, I admit I'm a sucker for that sort of reading... blame my in-laws who got me reading the series. I actually like Stephenie Meyer's version of werewolves and vampires a whole heap better than Anne Rice.

James-
You're originally from Forks, WA? I lived most of my life in Phoenix (the book's other setting)... and it was amusing that the author (who also lives there) got a couple Phoenix-things "wrong" too. Well, maybe not so much wrong as not entirely correct based on my experiences living in that city for +20 years.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby James » May 6th, 2008, 12:11 pm

jadewik wrote:
Carzal wrote:YOU ARE SUCH A WOMAN!
*grumble grumble*

Carzal-
Have you read the book? There's more sexual tension in Twilight's Chapter 13 alone than in every Stephen King book ever written... COMBINED. Though, I admit I'm a sucker for that sort of reading... blame my in-laws who got me reading the series. I actually like Stephenie Meyer's version of werewolves and vampires a whole heap better than Anne Rice.

James-
You're originally from Forks, WA? I lived most of my life in Phoenix (the book's other setting)... and it was amusing that the author (who also lives there) got a couple Phoenix-things "wrong" too. Well, maybe not so much wrong as not entirely correct based on my experiences living in that city for +20 years.

Forks, Washington on the Olympic Peninsula. I worked for the Forks Chamber of Commerce last summer so as a part of my job I had to read Twilight (Gotta admit, it's good for a romance novel, damn vampires... too bad the vampire idea is a bit contorted, but an interesting twist) and interact with many Twilight fans. They go gaga over little things like sand from First Beach where Jacob and Bella first met.

If you go to our website, I developed the map flash that shows you where we believe the locations from the story were, including the restaurant Bella and Edward go to in Port Angeles.

So yeah, I grew up in Forks. Logger town USA, more so than probably any other place on this planet, lol.

Here you go:

http://www.forkswa.com/65.html

Kind of crappy, kind of cheesy, but hey... I'm not an artist.

Also, my PM on Iron Man didn't go through. It emailed me as though I had gotten the PM as you O_o Lemme know if you did get it though.
James
RP Councillor

Next

Return to Golden Griffon