Teenager Repellent?

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Teenager Repellent?

Postby jadewik » April 23rd, 2008, 6:23 pm

Has anyone heard of this noise-device that makes an annoying sound only teenagers can hear? What do you think about it?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TEEN_BE_GONE
The high-frequency sound has been likened to fingernails dragged across a chalkboard or a pesky mosquito buzzing in your ear. It can be heard by most people in their teens and early 20s who still have sensitive hair cells in their inner ears. Whether you can hear the noise depends on how much your hearing has deteriorated...

... [T]he noise can be heard by animals and babies, but is bothersome only to children older than 12 and becomes unbearable after several minutes, making it a perfect teen-repellent. The same sound is also used as a cell phone ring tone meant to fall on the deaf ears of adults, and is a popular download on the Internet.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Agustus » April 24th, 2008, 1:45 am

i saw this on the news a while back.
its ramifications are interesting... it makes a high pitch sound only teens can hear.... like dogs...
the high pitch sound can cause damage to the ear drum to some teens if i remember hearing correctly from one teenager that was shown on an interview about it in a apartment complex
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby zipcat » April 24th, 2008, 4:52 am

Crazy... it probably won't be around too long.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby mikey taylor » April 24th, 2008, 4:14 pm

yeah people used to have that as ring tones in case their phone went off in school.... everyone in the class would hear it and laugh but the teachers have no idea what's going on
I'm a real big tymer
mikey taylor
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » April 26th, 2008, 11:01 am

You're forgetting about the part where it turned out that just about everyone could hear the frequency that was being used and a lot of people got pissed off by it.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Agustus » April 26th, 2008, 10:08 pm

nope only teens could hear it
most adults could not hear the freaquency of the sound
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » April 27th, 2008, 9:06 am

Oh, you're right; I was misreading the article. It was just that many people were complaining about it.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/04/23/teen.be.gone.ap/index.html
Curulan
Clan Leader

Return to Golden Griffon