... And this is why I get Upset...

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

... And this is why I get Upset...

Postby jadewik » April 20th, 2008, 3:23 am

And this is why I get upset when people don't give attribution for artwork.

http://drawn.ca/2008/04/18/illustration-book-plagiarizes-dozens-of-artists/
Yesterday illustrator Darren Di Lieto, who also runs the wonderful Little Chimp Society illustration site, discovered that the work of dozens of illustrators, along with the interviews he conducted with them for the LCS, have been unceremoniously plagiarized in a 350-page book being sold online for $100.

Our own Luc Latulippe is one of the illustrators whose interview and illustrations were ripped off, and he has posted a detailed write-up of the situation at his blog, and encourages everyone to spread the word about this, as the publisher and distributors of the book are elusive if not entirely impossible to contact.

Please also read Darren’s blog post about the situation where he also links to a gallery of photographs of the entire plagiarized book.

Please help spread the word!

There are, of course, links if you follow the article's URL (above). I found out about this from another artist's journal... where she said she was considering pulling her artwork from the internet because she didn't want it pirated.

It's a shame.... a terrible shame.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby zipcat » April 20th, 2008, 4:17 am

Aww..

I dislike it too when people steal art. It's easily done to. Sometimes people steal it for signatures on forums too.

But artists aren't stingy; I've found that if you ask many won't mind you using their art so long as you reference them in a post on the forum somewhere.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » April 20th, 2008, 7:31 pm

There is a reason why all of my signature images have been custom-drawn by friends of mine.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Da_PAB » April 25th, 2008, 1:52 am

thats y i dont post my artwork on line sad :(
Thanks Toki for the sig thanks killa for asking toki to make the sig hahah
men are like bank accounts if they don't have money the don't get any interest
Da_PAB
Unofficial Rankfund Helper

Return to Golden Griffon