Fave TV Shows

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Fave TV Shows

Postby jadewik » April 9th, 2008, 8:31 pm

What's your favorite TV show? WHY?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the following shows:
Supernatural, Bones, Holmes on Homes, and Firefly! =D

Supernatural is like a horror film every week (when there's a new episode)... and my love of Halloween kinda takes over from there. It also helps that Jensen and Jared are totally cute... and the Impala they drive is HOT... and the music for the show is classic rock. Yum!

Bones is something I've recently gotten into. I love the show for it's wit and rhetoric. It's very fast-paced and the jokes keep coming (but you have to be paying attention to catch them!) I saw one episode and bought season 1 on DVD. Of course, the skeletons appeal to the Halloween in me too.

Holmes on Homes is just plain cool. Mike Holmes "makes it right" by fixing what poor contractors did incorrectly. It's so fun to watch... especially when he rips into architects for sucky plans. *swoon*

Firefly is just classic Whedon. Whee! You can't help but love Mal's character. It's too bad there are only 13 episodes and 1 movie. *le sigh*
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Carzal » April 9th, 2008, 11:00 pm

I don't have more than 6 channels, and three of those are in french, so I don't watch much TV.
The shows that I DO watch all seem to be watched online or after the seasons come out on DVD.
1) 24 was good... once. The first few seasons were very good, but it has gotten repetitive and unimaginative...
2) Lost was good, and still has it's moments, at least when Locke isn't being gullible and Jack isn't being a man in serious need of anger-management.
3) Battle Star Galactica seems to be okay as well, although I am having problems with certain things that just don't make sense, and it is also getting a bit repetitive.

As much as I DO enjoy them, I find that many TV shows tend to get worse as time goes on.

OH, and 4) Heroes. Awesome.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Garbageman Igor » April 10th, 2008, 3:32 pm

lol, another fan of Mike Holmes eh? Sometimes I get annoyed because of his affinity for just tearing everything up and starting new... easy for him to say, he doesnt have to worry about a budget... I shudder to think what some of those projects would cost in the real world. The people are lucky the show helps them out, some of it is really hazardous.
Sen. Garbageman_Igor
Thor's Hammer High Council
Garbageman Igor

Postby mikey taylor » April 10th, 2008, 4:52 pm

i LOVE the first few seasons of 24 like carz; jack bauer is pretty much the most amazing character ever.
http://www.jackbauerforpresident2008.com/jokes.html

im obsessed with srubs right now, im on te second season.

and the best show ever that never gets repetitive.... sportscenter!
I'm a real big tymer
mikey taylor
Clan Member

Postby Garbageman Igor » April 11th, 2008, 10:22 pm

scrubs ftw! haha
Sen. Garbageman_Igor
Thor's Hammer High Council
Garbageman Igor

Return to Golden Griffon