Summer Vacation

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Summer Vacation

Postby jadewik » April 7th, 2008, 11:16 am

I was just wondering if anyone is going on vacation this summer. Where you going? Are you excited to be going?

If you're not going on vacation (or if you just want to answer), where would you WANT to go? What would you do? =D
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Chaszofein » April 7th, 2008, 7:07 pm

I'm actually not going anywhere, haven't gone anywhere for a "summer vacation" in a long time. A vacation would be nice though, real nice. Would love to go visit friends, pick a state, or go to the beach. It would be cool to go somewhere where I could learn to surf, or just kick back on a Hawaian beach.

*Gets lost in dreams.*
Props to Rhayny for the sig
Chaszofein
Frost Knights

Postby Carzal » April 8th, 2008, 8:45 pm

Yup, I'm going on vacation. It's not far from my house either, and it's fairly close to some stores, so I don't need to pack much. I do have to wear a dress shirt and everything I wear has a certain colour code I have to follow, and the movie theatre across the hall is kinda...
wait... vacation? Sorry, I thought you meant work.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby zipcat » April 9th, 2008, 12:09 am

I'll be doing the same thing I've done every summer for the last four years. More school. There's not many other things to do. Plus it's kinda fun too.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby TBeck » April 9th, 2008, 1:17 am

classes in the summer :(
TBeck
DC Councillor

Postby jadewik » April 9th, 2008, 11:02 am

I'm not going on vacation this summer. I haven't managed to save up any time off at work. =(

... Last summer, I went to SanDiego ComicCon and then drove to LA to visit a friend of mine... who filled me in on all the latest Hollywood gossip. =)

The next vacation I go on will probably be to Utah (sept/Oct this year). Both me and my husband have relatives up there we haven't seen in a while. It'd be fun to stop and visit Lemac or Twist on our way up. *hint, hint*

After that... I'd say Disney WORLD is on the horizon (in Sept 2009). I've never been and it looks really fun. Two-weeks there would be nice, but I'll have to start saving time off now. =/
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Ominous » April 9th, 2008, 11:21 am

No vacation for me. I'm working to get a driver's license and going back to college early for RA training.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Carzal » April 9th, 2008, 12:09 pm

RA training? Is that where you learn how to go RAAA!!!!
Or maybe your worship Ra?
Okay, I'll admit, I have absolutely no idea what RA training is.
I have a similar problem, for drivers liscence, but also zeh costs of university *yay*.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Chaszofein » April 9th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Utah you say Jade? I live in Utah, northern utah, just about a 1 hour drive north of SLC. :) Don't ask miles, I'm a Utahn, I measure distance in how long it takes me to drive there. :P Thought I would guess somewhere around 70 miles north of Salt Lake City. Nice place, great view of the mountians, easy driving distance from Pine View Resivour which is great for swimming and fishing. :D
Chaszofein
Frost Knights

Postby mikey taylor » April 9th, 2008, 1:46 pm

well it looks like i'm with the rest of the group... summer school and job. i want to graduate in four years, and to do that i need a lot of summer school. i might be working at the UT basketball camp though, so that'd be cool. if i went somewhere i would want to go to any beach, anywhere and just read.

carn- omg i love disney world. my friends and i are trying to save up money to go there spring break next year. check out disney downtown, great nightlife and clubbing atmosphere. it's fun seeing Mickey and Goofy partying.
I'm a real big tymer
mikey taylor
Clan Member

Postby Ominous » April 9th, 2008, 2:52 pm

RA training is training to be a "Residential Assistant," IE the people who make sure their dormmates don't die partying.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby jadewik » April 9th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Chaszofein wrote:Utah you say Jade? I live in Utah, northern utah, just about a 1 hour drive north of SLC. :)

... I was born in SLC. Lived in a yellow/white house on Leisure Lane for the first 3 years of my life... don't remember much... we had Rhubarb in the back yard and a plum tree in the front. My brother fell out of the tree and cracked his head open right in front of me.

Most of my family is in the SLC/Provo area... so N. Utah... Though I am related to nearly everyone in Tropic.

If we do go to Utah, I really hope the alpine slides at park city are open. Whee!
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Chaszofein » April 10th, 2008, 5:00 am

*Cries*

I have led a sheltered and broke life. I've been to Park City once, and never been on any slides there. I don't think I've even been to Lagoon in the last 10 years. lol Though I do have some plans in the works if they can be pulled off. Ojame wants to come out here and hike Arches, and I'd love to meet up with him there.

*Shrugs*

Dunno though, depends on school and the job I'm still searching for. lol
Chaszofein
Frost Knights

Postby jadewik » April 10th, 2008, 10:51 am

Lagoon? Holy Wow... I haven't been there in ages! Do they still have that rickety old white, wooden coaster? How about the haunted house? Is the flying carpet still at one end of the park? Have they expanded it? Do they still have Whack-a-Mole? My dad used to play that for hours... last time we were there, he won about 5 of their larger stuffed-animals. =D

Is Wheeler Farm still around too? We've gone there as a family a couple times. The last time we went it snowed >_<... and we got ice-cream at McDonald's and my sister tipped hers over. Haha. Good times.

The most interaction I've had with Utah family (by choice) has been a funeral in Tropic for my Great Uncle Dean after which we went water skiing on Lake Powell... though, I hear the lake elevation is even lower than it was then... which is scary because it was really low then. =/
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Chaszofein » April 10th, 2008, 5:05 pm

I don't know about Lake Powell, the droughts we've been going through have killed water levels all over, though they are slowly starting to come up again. We're finally getting snow in the winter, lots of it this winter, which is good, till you have to shovel it. lol

Never heard of Wheeler Farm. :cry: Alas for the broke and sheltered existence again.

Though the Old White Rollercoaster is still up at Lagoon, at least still standing last time I drove past there a few months ago. Last time I heard, the haunted houses are still going too. :D Magic Carpet is still going too last I drove past, again, end of last summer, several months ago. Still in the same place too, I think. And of course, Whack-A-Mole should still be there. lol
Chaszofein
Frost Knights

Next

Return to Golden Griffon