I'd just like to know

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Postby Carzal » February 27th, 2008, 4:52 pm

well, yeah, i start a fancy new roleplay and not a person joins.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Gwaihir Windlord » February 27th, 2008, 5:39 pm

I left years ago because I was tired of DC, saw the downfall coming even then. I tried to get more rp activity going, never really caught on.

I think play by post rping is more difficult to than most people think. It is very time consuming and mentally demanding and when a persons real life get crazy time is limited and deep thought is reserved for real life issues. With all that said though, with practice, play by post rping does get easier, and with high activity, it is even easier. Waiting 3 or 4 days to post in an rp because nobody else has posted makes it hard to remember what you were doing, going to do, ect.

Leadership is also necessary. In years past, rping was of secondary importance to Titan. The main focus was on DC, and at the time that was fine. Now, with the ultimate demise of DC, and nothing more to keep members coming back, rping needs to move into the fore ground. To do this a complete restructuring of Titan needs to happen. How those changes happen and what those changes are, in specifics, really aren't that important, so long as the changes reflect the new focus.

Ambassadors need to focus on visiting rp boards, even ones that are not affiliated with DC at all, to recruit new members. Having a stand alone board could then be a bonus, in that new members could create completely new personas, exploring new characters, without affecting their current rp ventures. You also don't have to worry about foreign born conflicts creeping up into rps and threatening their stability.

If you are serious about truly converting Titan into an rp focused board. Then you will see a lot more of me. I will help out in what ever capacity I am capable of.

My hats off to you Curu. And thank you.
Gwaihir Windlord

Postby Carzal » February 27th, 2008, 8:37 pm

Speaking of roleplaying, can you have a board within a board? For example, within the Palace Rantings we could have several different boards? At roleplay sites that I used to be a part of they were often able to do this. If we could do that, then we could actually change it into a real place for roleplaying, which would change things (for the better) tremendously.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby James » February 27th, 2008, 10:21 pm

Carzal wrote:well, yeah, i start a fancy new roleplay and not a person joins.

So sue me. I've been busy.
James
RP Councillor

Postby Ominous » February 27th, 2008, 10:33 pm

I almost wrote my first post earlier, and then I had to go to class. Then pick up a book. Then go to dinner. Then do my laundry. Then...etc?

I like the idea of boards within boards so we can have physical places we go to post for RPs. It'd move RPs across boards and be all cool-like.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Carzal » February 27th, 2008, 10:50 pm

I wouldn't mind helping out doing that (I have some experience when I helped re-make the roleplaying board Barzual, which Ominous has rped at), and I'm sure there are lots of other people who could help too. Someone could even draw a map...? And Curu could make some more concrete rules, or something like that. Only slightly more concrete - I like the whole making it up as you go.

And yes, I will sue you. Sue you till you can't sit down anymore.
Except that you did post, and I am eternally greatful for that.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Previous

Return to Golden Griffon