Since everyone's back...

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Since everyone's back...

Postby Ominous » February 19th, 2008, 9:01 pm

We might as well start an insane Griffon RP! So, here goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a busy night at the Griffon. Curulan had sent ambassadors all over to contact old members and friends, and people were arriving en masse. The bar was crowded far past safe capacity; it was a good thing fire marshals hadn't been invented yet.

And now for my part:

Ominous wandered in, wearily. It had been a long day of blowing things up. He rubbed his eyes as he walked towards the bar, and in his blindness promptly smashed into a random person and fell over. He quickly righted himself, and gazed around the room in awe.

"Wow...seems a bit busier than usual."
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Magerone » February 19th, 2008, 11:10 pm

A bright light shone in the distance. The only speck of life in the black visage of the night besides that of this wandering shapeshifter from Torm Guardians. The darkness was so thick she had to cut it with a knife figuratively speaking - although she literally did with a machete-like instument. The darkness fell in chunks all around her. She felt terrible for the poor soul who would end up falling over them in this darkness.

"These people are like moths being drawn to light. Well I shall be the black sheep then and I do mean literally."

Conjuring herself into a black sheep in need of a shearing, she wielded the machete-like instrument in her mouth and hacked away at the remaining darkness.

Panting, she dropped the weapon and rolled her tongue back into her mouth.

"Maybe a sheep was a baaaaad choice of creatures. Next time I think I will be that fellow Curulan. He seems like he has his head on his shoulders figuratively and literally speaking," she said under her breath.

Magerone attempted to open the door but it was so bulging full of people that it she realized that the door was open and that this fellow's tunic quite resembled a door. Well this was a treant so she realized that he would have a wood finish.

"Oh, I am so sorry, Mr. Treant. I wasn't trying your back door. I thought this was the door to the tavern."

The treant did not seem to pay attention but then again it was so full that he probably could not even turn around.

"Now I think I know why they later created fire marshalls," she thought to herself.

Then someone backed into her and squished her against this orc. The orc smelled horribly as Magerone's face cringed.

"I think my skin is peeling off of me," she thought to herself as she tried to wiggle away and after a minute she finally did.

"Sheep!" someone yelled and suddenly she felt hands grab her rear end and she let out a bleet and just charged ahead because she had an ominous feeling about what that drunken human farmer had in mind.

"Drunks and sheep do not mix. Remember that!" she said to herself as she dived under legs and dresses until she reached the bar and the only person that she has encountered that seemed remotely sane.

"Oh, relief! There are normal beings here!" she thought in her head but suddenly realized she was still a sheep.

Ducking behind a giant, she conjured herself into her human-like appearance. Her dark brown locks fell loosely around her face, which contrasted her light complexion with rosy cheeks flushed from the prior activities. A glance to her right made her smile as the bewildered farmer suddenly lost sight of his sheep. Turning to the one called Ominous although she was not aware just yet of who he was, she rolled a gentle question off her luscious lips in her seductive and alluring voice.

"Pardon me, sir, is this place always like this?"
Magerone

Postby Carzal » February 20th, 2008, 6:06 pm

"Ohm."
Carzal medidated on a bench.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Ominous » February 20th, 2008, 11:00 pm

Ominous was drawn out of his internal monologue by a lovely lady. This happened often.

"Oh! Hi, there. No, it's never like this...I was just wondering out loud what brings so many faces here, tonight. It's like looking into a time machine in here." Ominous realized that he wasn't quite sure what a time machine was, but just dismissed the thought with what was possibly a visible shrug.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Gwaihir Windlord » February 21st, 2008, 10:29 am

..::A rough and rugged, tall and tanned, ranger type bow slung over his shoulder and a long sword at his hip, garbed in forest greens and browns comes sauntering in. Spying Omi and Carzal, both of which are always up to no good, chatting with a pretty lady at the bar, Gwaihir decided to join them since that's where he is headed anyway::..

Hello all, who's buying?
Gwaihir Windlord

Postby Carzal » February 21st, 2008, 4:50 pm

Carzal continues to meditate, not hearing Gwaihir at all.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Magerone » February 25th, 2008, 8:08 pm

*grins at Ominous in a friendly way*

"I think forces beyond our control are drawing us in. Perhaps it is Curulan. Has anyone seen him?"

*tries to peer around the room but it is full of drunk people*

Then someone else she is not familiar with joins them.

"Hello, sir. I will pay the first round. Ladies first, isn't it?"

*winks at him and tells the bartender to bring whatever they wanted*

"I am Lorin but also known as Mags in these parts. No need for formalities here. I am from Torm Guardians. I am a friendly shapeshifter. I do not like to partake in violence unless I am forced to. Who are you?"

Remembering about Ominous she added, "Oh and if you didn't catch all that you can call me Mags from Torm Guardians. What is your name? I don't remember meeting you - either of you fellas actually."
Magerone

Postby jadewik » February 26th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Bawdy song erupts from one of the tavern tables. There is loud applause and hoots and hollers as onlookers express their good cheer.

"*We're drinking to life, we're drinking to death
We're drinking till none of our livers are left!
We're winding our way to the spirit store
Well drink till we can't drink any more!

Raise your glasses high!
Drink the cellar dry!
"

Six mugs raise, six mugs are drained within seconds, and six mugs are slammed onto the table. The last person to lay their mug down, bloated and tipsy from the vast amounts of alcohol that have been consumed, removes himself from the table.

"One down, five to go!" the black haired beauty cries from her seat at the table. Her laughter is loud and she's grinning broadly as she calls out, "Fill the mugs!"

The cry for more ale is chanted by the crowd. A barmaid hurries to fill the mugs, for as long as the ale flows freely, the crowd is kept sated. Though, she wonders whether the idea to serve so much ale to this crowd is a good idea...

Ebon-Ashe hasn't had this much fun in ages. Of course, regular ale doesn't quite have the potency of some of the more rare drinks carried by the Golden Griffon. She shivers as she remembers the drink Curulan once gave her that wasted her with a few small sips. Of course, this only served to motivate her to many nights' work building a tolerance to this beverage... and many mornings with a splitting headache. Still, she hadn't built an immunity to more than a full glass. In the end, she ended up abandoning this quest because the resulting headaches ending up debilitating her for days at a time, making it difficult for facilitating her business endeavours. The resulting effect, though was that massive amounts of regular liquor was no longer a challenge to hold... and so long as she had the upper hand in a contest, there was money to be made!

The crowd silenced as the 5th mug was filled. Ebon raised her glass and the chanting began again.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Gwaihir Windlord » February 27th, 2008, 5:48 pm

..::Bowing dramatically::..

Hello Mags, I'm Gwaihir, a shapeshifter of sorts myself, I only have two forms though, this human form and my true form, that of a giant eagle. Thanks for the ale

..::Taking a sip, Gwaihir would sigh::..

Mmmm, it's even better than I remember.

So, Torm, how are things there? It has been a long time since I visited the lands of the Guardians.
Gwaihir Windlord

Postby Ominous » February 27th, 2008, 6:32 pm

"It's nice to meet you, Mags. I'm Ominous, an ambassador and adventurer of sorts. Not that I go out seeking danger like a crazy person, but the danger often finds its way to me. I mean - well - I'm not your everyday adventurer who goes and slays dragons and the like, I'm more of the 'gets caught up in insane situations' kind of adventurer. And, I do ambassador work on the side." Ominous realized this description probably made him sound insane. Instead of rephrasing it, he decided to take a different, safer course of action.

"Drinks on me!"

Oops.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Carzal » February 27th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Carzal focused on pure spring-water, mountain wind and the swaying of trees buffeted by it's force. Like a stone, he was immobile, unthinking, unreal.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Magerone » March 4th, 2008, 11:13 am

Mags tilted her head to the right as she tried to make sense of Ominous. As he spoke she began to smile and by the end she had to stifle a laugh because it came out so funny. If he was looking into her brown eyes they would have given her away as she tried to compose herself. How she would have loved to laugh out loud but feared that he might think that she was making a mockery of him.

"Ominous, I used to be an ambassador for Torm. I also used to do a lot - well let me correct myself - I used to cause a lot of mayhem at Torm but since I have grown up for the most part, I have mellowed out." She was thankful Gwaihir was also present as that was the perfect escape from Ominous's insane greeting and from her thinking about causing any mayhem at Titan.

"Pardon me, Ominous," she said and bowed her head and then turned to Gwaihir. "Eagles are beautiful creatures. I can turn into many things but being skilled at being those many things is another matter," she replied as she laughed at her own comments, "because I do not like to hurt others but rather help them; however, among other things and my very mischievous nature when I was younger, I did not pay attention to much of my training and then I went to war and I do not remember anything about it other than it was for Titan. So you could say I have returned here to find out what exactly happened."

Realizing that she was probably starting to bore Gwaihir, she remembered her other question and changed the subject.

"The details of my life are not important and since I just met you I will move on from that and answer none of your questions about my past life at this time, but to answer your question, Torm is doing well enough. We are still around hiding in the shadows mostly until visitors arrive. Anyways, it was nice to make your acquaintance, Gwaihir," and then she turned and spoke to Ominous again as well,"and very nice to make yours as well, Ominous, but I have to be going right now. I will be returning to Titan very soon."

Magerone would wait for the others to reply to her and then she would courtsie to both of them before exiting out the door.
Magerone

Return to Golden Griffon