Contest: New blurb for Golden Griffon

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Contest: New blurb for Golden Griffon

Postby Curulan » January 4th, 2008, 1:38 pm

As you may have noticed, the current blurb for this forum, "Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern." is grammatically atrocious and I just can't stand it any more. I've decided to let you forumites make submissions for its replacement.

It should be no more than one or two sentences in length and fit within our in-game setting. For those who don't know, the Golden Griffon is a tavern located in Cartes's central marketplace and is a common gathering place for the citizens of the city.

You can just post your submissions on this thread. The contest will run until I find one I really like, and the winner will have his submission used. ;)
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Ominous » January 4th, 2008, 6:59 pm

Llocated in Cartes's bustling central marketplace, the Golden Griffon is Clan Titan's most popular gathering place. Come in and take an oblivion-seeking swig of the first thing handed to you.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Zuka Zamamee » January 4th, 2008, 8:38 pm

Located in Carte's bustling central marketplace, the Golden Griffon is Clan Titan's most popular gathering place. Come in and take an oblivion-seeking swig of the first thing handed to you, which has most likely been spiked by Zuka's IRS taxes.

:irs:

On a more serious note, I can't think of anything to say. Ominous's would be perfect if it wasn't bent to be funny.

:p
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby bow4lyf » January 14th, 2008, 11:31 pm

Come in for the alcohol, stay for the friends. Can only be done at the Golden Griffin.
Image <---- Say "Hi" to Phillip! ^^
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Pennier » February 19th, 2008, 3:04 am

I know I'm not a member anymore, but I couldn't resist an attempt at a lil writing...

Come into the Golden Griffon and have a Silken Titanium, talk with friends, or just have a seat and watch everyone scurry about.

Probably not the best effort but I shall sleep on it, and see if my poor overworked brain thinks of something better.
Pennier

Return to Golden Griffon