About Global Warming

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

About Global Warming

Postby Eskimosik » November 16th, 2007, 6:59 am

Hi all!

What do you think about this? When it happens?
Eskimosik

Postby Ominous » November 16th, 2007, 10:52 am

The high here next Wednesday is 55. Wednesday, November 21st. Come ON! It used to snow on Halloween here.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby jadewik » November 16th, 2007, 12:58 pm

I think global warming is a natural trend akin to a solar system summer.

Just like Earth has summers and winters, I believe our solar system has summers and winters-- probably revolving around in the galaxy. The galaxy is very large and we only have a minute understanding and knowledge of "how things work". We don't know how long it takes for the Milky Way to make a circuit in our universe... but I'd imagine it's on a "millions of years" scale.

I like to think that our galaxy rotates around in the universe just like a planet does in the solar system. It would explain the ice-ages and the present heating trend as we get closer to "summer".

If you think differently and want to blame anyone for causing global warming, blame the cows. Their collective methane emissions more than surpass the pollution caused by car exhaust and other pollutants.

Save the planet. Eat a cow.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Joe » November 16th, 2007, 3:43 pm

part of that is also because of our controlled herding of the cows though Jade. Also, you can't forget the systematic destruction of the rain forrest that may or may not be contributing to an enhanced speed of the warming of the earth. We do know that on our own planet the rain forrest acts much like a recycling system for water and rainfall on more than just the contenent it's on. Each year when it's destroyed a little more, less water is recycled back into the atmosphere for both africa and north america. it's not really a wonder why scientists say we're in the middle of a mega droubt right now.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Ominous » November 16th, 2007, 5:41 pm

Also, it's not just cars causing ridiculous amounts of emissions. It's coal plants, factories and countless other varieties of industry that spew out pollution left and right in the pursuit of profit.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Return to Golden Griffon