CLAN MEETING (Last Update: 19 Jan 2008)

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

CLAN MEETING (Last Update: 19 Jan 2008)

Postby Curulan » November 5th, 2007, 9:28 pm

Attention all clannies!

In light of recent council discussion, we will be holding a public meeting to decide the future of this clan, and we want you to be involved! This meeting will be held in our clan chat. To reach it, you may either click the Chat link at the top of the forum or access the chat directly using an IRC client, such as mIRC or ChatZilla. If you connect directly. you may use the following link to connect directly: irc://clantitan.org/titan. If you have to configure your client manually, use the server irc.clantitan.org and join the channel #titan. To prepare for this meeting, we highly recommend you register your forum nickname on the chat. If you have any questions, click the "Help" link in the chat window.

The chat will be moderated to keep order, and people will be given the ability to speak as their "turn" comes up.

I am posting two polls to help determine the best time to hold the meeting:
Poll #1 (Day)
Poll #2 (Time)

We will post a date when we have one, and a list of discussion topics will be posted about a week before the date of the meeting (or as close as I can manage). Procedure for taking part in the meeting will be posted at that time as well.
Last edited by Curulan on January 19th, 2008, 5:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Curulan
Clan Leader

UPDATE 16 Nov 2007

Postby Curulan » November 16th, 2007, 2:37 pm

Since it seems like the majority of you will be available Saturday afternoon, that's what we'll go with.

I have posted a third poll to help me determine the starting time of the meeting. Once we pick a time and a date, it will be posted here, along with a meeting agenda and instructions for making sure you can participate.
Curulan
Clan Leader

UPDATE 26 Nov 2007

Postby Curulan » November 26th, 2007, 2:00 pm

Based on the poll results, I have selected a time.

The meeting will be held on a Saturday afternoon, beginning at 4:00 PM EST (though very likely I'll be around for quite a while afterwards, if that's too early for some people).

I have been busy with other things recently, so I haven't chosen a date yet, but it will be sometime in December or January. Once I choose a date, I will post that along with an agenda for the meeting and instructions for participating.

CuruEdit: It is possible that I may not be able to host the meeting this month due to the Christmas holiday. I'll try to schedule it for this month, but it may end up working better in January. Itinerary and instructions should be posted within the week.
Curulan
Clan Leader

UPDATE 31 Dec 2007

Postby Curulan » December 31st, 2007, 1:40 pm

Sorry for the late update. We have chosen a date, and it will be held on January 19, 2007 at 4:00 PM EST. I will be in the chat slightly before then, and the meeting will run as long as it needs to.

The format will be an open discussion. I had originally planned to make it moderated discussion, but given the number of participants who are likely to attend, an open discussion should be manageable. I will introduce each item and then the participants will be welcome to give their opinions on the matter. We can always switch to moderated on the fly if necessary. ;)

In order to participate, you can either use the Chat button at the top of the page, or connect directly to our channel using an IRC client. Our server is irc.clantitan.org and our channel is #titan. We recommend that you register your forum name with the IRC server. If you have questions concerning this, you may click the "Help" button in the chat applet window.

I will be posting a list of the topics shortly.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Joe » January 1st, 2008, 5:03 pm

yay, I'll make sure to make an appearance.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby jadewik » January 3rd, 2008, 1:58 pm

We should probably advertise the date and time around different places.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

UPDATE 12 Jan 2008

Postby Curulan » January 12th, 2008, 3:08 pm

Sorry for the late update, but I did promise to post this at least a week before the meeting. ;)

Here is the agenda we will be discussing. I'll explain a little bit more about them when they are discussed, and the floor will be opened to the members for discussion. After the meeting, there will be an open forum to ask questions and address issues not covered in the agenda.

[pre]CLAN DIRECTION
Do we continue to Maintain DC?
Recruitment
Member benefits/services
Clan Relations
Other ventures?
Clan government
What positions to we need?
Who should fill the positions?
CLAN WEBSITE
What features do we want?
Redesign - what should it look like?
Do we have anyone qualified to work on it?[/pre]

CuruEdit: Changed formatting a bit; didn't like the styled version.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Curulan » January 19th, 2008, 5:33 pm

No one showed up, so there was no meeting. The only person who did show up was TBeck, but I was AFK when he came in. :(
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby TBeck » January 19th, 2008, 8:33 pm

yea i showed up, waited 15 mins, but noone else showed :S

maybe a meeting is not the best idea since it seems hard to get everyone on and in the chat at the same time... maybe it would be easier to creat a sub forum here for the purposes of the meeting
TBeck
DC Councillor

Postby zipcat » January 19th, 2008, 8:44 pm

Yeah.. I forgot to convert the time zone and then bleh.

Sorry. It'd be great if everyone was in chat at once, so I think we should try again, but posts would work too I suppose.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby James » January 19th, 2008, 11:44 pm

If I remember correctly I said I might not be able to make it because it's at 12:00 my time. Well, I was right, so don't blame me for not being there. :l
James
RP Councillor

Postby Ominous » January 20th, 2008, 12:43 am

Crap! I was stage managing a show and forgot...
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby Agustus » January 20th, 2008, 3:37 am

*Knew it was going to happen*
HAHA
:-p
next time try at a later time and on a day that matters
like this monday no one works on MLK day well almost no one
school is also out
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby zipcat » January 20th, 2008, 4:54 am

Gus has a good idea with meeting up tomorrow.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Joe » January 20th, 2008, 5:54 am

well, yeah, I got pretty busy this week and I missed it. honestly, saturdays are my busiest days, I was going to try to make an appearance, but I just wasn't home enough to get on here. I have a doctor's appt monday and then I work also so it really depends on time.
Joe
DC Councillor

Next

Return to Golden Griffon