CLAN MEETING (Last Update: 19 Jan 2008)

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Postby Ominous » January 20th, 2008, 11:18 am

Anyone up for a Monday meeting? If not, I like the separate board idea.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby James » January 20th, 2008, 5:41 pm

long as it's past 7:00 EST.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » January 20th, 2008, 5:46 pm

I should be there.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby TBeck » January 20th, 2008, 8:13 pm

i have hockey from 9-10 EST (plus a bit of travel time) so anything around that works
TBeck
DC Councillor

Postby Da_PAB » January 21st, 2008, 4:53 am

wow i didnt even know we had a chat ???????????
Thanks Toki for the sig thanks killa for asking toki to make the sig hahah
men are like bank accounts if they don't have money the don't get any interest
Da_PAB
Unofficial Rankfund Helper

Postby Curulan » January 21st, 2008, 1:43 pm

I'll likely be in the chat tonight, so feel free to stop in. We can just hold impromptu meetings whenever we have enough people online, really.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby jadewik » January 21st, 2008, 4:58 pm

Agustus wrote:like this monday no one works on MLK day well almost no one. school is also out

I guess that means I'm "almost no one", then... cause I'm workin' it right now. Oh, yeah... phear my leet road designing skillz!!
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby zipcat » January 21st, 2008, 5:53 pm

I've got a few errands to run today but I'll have the chat opened all day.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby jadewik » January 24th, 2008, 10:45 am

... I'm curious to know how the "monday" meeting went. =P
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Curulan » January 24th, 2008, 1:35 pm

There was no meeting.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Joe » January 24th, 2008, 2:51 pm

I honestly think the only way we're going to have a "meeting" is if we do it here, on the forums. Live chats just aren't going to work with our differing schedules.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Ominous » January 24th, 2008, 2:55 pm

What Joe said.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby jadewik » January 24th, 2008, 5:50 pm

That's exactly what the leadership forums are supposed to be for, but there isn't a whole lot of activity going on in some of those...

The major issue I have with forum "decision making threads" is they take days, weeks, sometimes months to come to any decisions because you have to wait for people to post and reply... and comment... and then banter back and forth... when all of this could be managed in 2 hours or less in real time. Bleh!

... but, what can we do if no one wants to come to "meetings"? =/

For those of you who would rather comment in a forum, please feel free to scroll back to the agenda and voice your opinion below. I'm interested to see what people have to say about things.

What kind of changes do you want to see in Titan?
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Ominous » January 24th, 2008, 9:26 pm

CLAN DIRECTION
Do we continue to Maintain DC?
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer:
Recruitment: If anyone volunteers, they can post ads in the Clan Hall. If not, oh well.
Member benefits/services: Yeah. We're not exactly short on 'em, and they're not in major demand.
Clan Relations: Well, I was responsible for this and stopped doing it because I'm lazy. However, I can dust off the old policies and start up again if you want.
Other ventures?
I don't think so, but then again I don't think I'm qualified to make the decision as I've never actually been in a non-DC venture.
Clan government
What positions to we need?: Ambassadors, Service-providers (Rankfund, etc. We probably only need two and they can merge, as well as all the sendouts departments; we can post templates for request threads in one forum)
Who should fill the positions?: The people who're doing sendouts now, and me plus any qualified (IE, half-dedicated and with passable grammar) volunteers for ambassadors.
CLAN WEBSITE
What features do we want?: Peer, awards, forum, wiki (add more stuff than just RP, possibly, change its colors to match the rest of the site).
Redesign - what should it look like?: Like the current main page; web 2.0-ey, clean, attractive. The yellows and browns on blacks and greys makes a good color scheme.
Do we have anyone qualified to work on it?: Jade did a good job on the front page, and Curu seems to have some skillz, too. I don't know much, but I could try to learn and help a bit.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby James » January 24th, 2008, 10:40 pm

CLAN DIRECTION
Do we continue to Maintain DC?
I am impartial. I came here for roleplay and DC became secondary, but then I got immensely bored with it and my character got deleted really quickly, so don't ask me.
Clan Relations
I go to other clans every now and then, and everyone else should as well. It's not hard to do and should be at an impersonal level- this community is built around fun, so why bother being super-professional?

Granted, some level of professionalism is needed, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say- this should be a very relaxed atmosphere, not a place where we need to prove ourselves to each other.
Other ventures?
We need more roleplaying. This probably won't happen, so you can ignore me if you want.

CLAN WEBSITE
What features do we want?
Redesign - what should it look like?
Do we have anyone qualified to work on it?

All of these thing should simply be decided and not discussed. Graphical design needs to be made by a very small number of people and shown off as a demo and such to test general approval instead of just talked about, otherwise nothing gets done and people lose interest before it starts.

Qualifications need to be simple- creativity, artistic, experience (practice or real, it doesn't matter to me) with web design and the willingness to accept input.
James
RP Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Golden Griffon