My art

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

My art

Postby Joe » November 5th, 2007, 4:36 am

Hey kids, as many of you know, I'm something of an artist, but I haven't really posted any of my art on the internet. Well, I've recently started a new project and decided to post a few things on the web now. And since a few of you have expressed interest in seeing my art, I figured I drop a link here. Before you go, a word of caution, there may be a wee bit of nudity. maybe. ok, well, there is. http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showth ... ost1514701
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Ominous » November 5th, 2007, 10:26 am

Good stuff!
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby jadewik » November 5th, 2007, 4:42 pm

Ahha! You took the plunge! I've been to that site before, but have been too intimidated to post thus far since I don't do a lot of figure drawing ... nor do I include backgrounds. Eventually... I might deign to post there. *snerk*

Your stuff is good. Don't worry about going on hiatus with your art. I had a similar experience where I didn't draw between Jr High and my second year of college-- I too was inspired by an art site. I've spent the last long while learning how to draw people... while I've improved a lot, it still pales in comparison to others' artwork.

You really have an eye for light and shadow. Your compositions are eye-catching and interesting. You're very daring with your poses too... drawing things in perspective (the pants) or drawing expressive positions on the hands in several of your drawings. Your proportions are mostly good too... though there is room for improvement (don't worry, anatomy is the most commented on thing by artists everywhere... and your poses make anatomy more challenging).

It's good stuff. You draw with a realism that I'd like to learn... maybe I could take a page or two out of Joe's book of drawing? =)
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Joe » November 5th, 2007, 5:54 pm

if only I had a book of drawing. I've only taken one art class ever, that, I admit, did help me immensely. appreciate the comments though. I have a few more I'll be adding soon too. hopefully with a little better quality of scans than the ones I've posted so far. One thing on the perspective on these too, I took the pictures of them just sitting on my desk chair, so they are a bit warped and the angle isn't necessarily straight on, I noticed that when I posted them they look a little elongated from the actual pictures I drew.

but anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed them.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Curulan » November 5th, 2007, 8:43 pm

Not bad.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby James » November 5th, 2007, 9:10 pm

I think I already told you I think your art is awesome, especially considering you're doing my favorite coloration of art. Unless you have some art I didn't look at cause I haven't looked at your website yet that's colored differently. Whee!
James
RP Councillor

Postby jadewik » November 6th, 2007, 4:59 pm

I want to take an art class... I took that crappy beginner art in Jr High and High School as an easy elective. It's the same spiel over and over... and, frankly... I'd like to take something along the lines of figure drawing. Those classes were always full or didn't fit into my work/school schedule when I was in college (which was way-hard anyway when you're working +35 hrs/wk and taking 18 credits)
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Joe » November 7th, 2007, 3:30 am

I hear you there, the one class I took in college was a sumer class, I think it was 4 weeks long so I was there for way too long a day while I was working full time.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Guest » November 7th, 2007, 9:53 pm

nice artwork i also draw never consider posting sick imagination i puted on paper but i might lol jk
da pab

Postby Joe » November 13th, 2007, 3:18 pm

just to let anyone who's interested know, I posted a couple of new charcoals up on that thread.

cheers
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby DCKingdomKome » November 13th, 2007, 4:38 pm

I can really sense the humanity in your pictures. They aren't over the top, but they are still soo lively.

BRAVO!
Durante Alighieri diCommedia
KingdomKome: Warden of Elysion & Tartarus

Frost Knights Fortress
City of Fiorendo

Signature compliments of Rhayny
Personal icon compliments of Zoetko
DCKingdomKome

Postby James » November 13th, 2007, 8:01 pm

Joe, your art is awesome :)
James
RP Councillor

Postby jadewik » November 27th, 2007, 6:16 pm

Joe-
I finally got the cajones to post at concept art. Heh. I doubt I'll be hearing any response... but what the heck, right?
Jade's Sketchpad at Concept Art
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby James » November 27th, 2007, 7:51 pm

I don't think I've said this yet, but... I REALLY like your drawing of Milton.
James
RP Councillor

Postby zipcat » November 27th, 2007, 8:14 pm

Wow Jade; I haven't seen a few of those, and they're really cool.

Joe I've already said this but nice stuff.
zipcat
Clan Member

Next

Return to Golden Griffon