Have you read...

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Have you read...

Postby Pennier » October 15th, 2007, 9:12 pm

Stephen King's The Dark Tower series?

I was stopping by and noticed that you didn't have a topic about books, and that's sad.

But anyway, The Dark Tower series is good readin'. Anyone else have a good book or series they're readin'?

Oh yeah, and for good free books online check out the baen books free library. I'd give you the addy but it won't let me, so if someone knows it post it plz, otherwise I'll be back in five days or after five meaningful posts :cry:

And for good books in the real world check out your local library. And when you read all the library's books go out and support your local bookstore.

There's nothing quite like walking into a room full of books, with the paper smell filling the air, and all that combined knowledge around you. *sigh*
Pennier

*gasp*

Postby Ekehart » October 15th, 2007, 10:03 pm

*gasp*

It's Penni!
Ekehart
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » October 15th, 2007, 11:01 pm

Here's the link Pennier was trying to post: http://www.baen.com/library/default.htm?Source=Overture

It also flags on the phrase "URL", for future reference. ;)
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby jadewik » October 15th, 2007, 11:42 pm

Yucky Stephen King... >_<

I guess I shouldn't say "yucky"-- I just can't stomach a lot of his writing as it's too graphic for my tastes. I did like "Different Seasons" though.... and I haven't read any Dark Tower novels. My husband has a whole shelf of Stephen King I could read if so inclined... I just... eh... haven't been inclined thus far.

By the way-- WELCOME BACK!

~le carn
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Joe » October 16th, 2007, 3:05 am

I'm not a big fan of stephen king, the only book of his that I liked was On Writing, which was pure genius, but not fiction either. Right now I'm reading Blue Like Jazz, but really I'm more reading a chapter every few days because I'm so busy with work and art that I don't have time to read right now. I also bough William Gibson's new book Spook Country, which, he is my favorite author, but I haven't started it yet because of the same afformentioned extra bussyness. Oh, and if anyone has not read Good Omens, you should read it, right now, no, stop reading this and go get it and read it instead. Seriously. Now.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby James » October 16th, 2007, 1:18 pm

Joe... I think I have that book at home. I didn't read it because my uncle and aunt gave it to me, and they're die-hard religious so I tend to shy away from their gifts ;x

Also, hi to Pennie! I haven't met you before so it's a pleasure.
James
RP Councillor

Postby Psychadelica » October 17th, 2007, 1:38 am

i read the book: Black House, which is related to the series i believe.
EXPAND YOUR MIND
Psychadelica
Clan Member

Postby Joe » October 17th, 2007, 3:00 am

wait wait wait, die hard religious people gave you Good Omens? no, that's not possible. it's just, not. my father the preacher would spin in his grave if he read it, and he's not even dead yet.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby James » October 17th, 2007, 2:48 pm

s'pose I forgot to mention it was Blue Like Jazz that they gave me.
James
RP Councillor

Postby Pennier » October 22nd, 2007, 5:59 pm

I'm beginning to think everything Stephen King wrote has to do with The Dark Tower series...I've now started on the seventh and final book (finally). However, I recently found out that I need to read 14 more books, 3 collections of short stories, and a screenplay to get all the nuances. And then read the 7 books I started out to read, again. Needless to say I'm very ticked at Mr. King right now.

Heyas!! it's nice to meet ya James.

On a completely different note, not having a spacebar really stinks. It'll take me days to relearn how to space without the whole copy/paste thing. UGH!
Pennier

Return to Golden Griffon