What's Your Favourite Holiday?

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

What's Your Favourite Holiday?

Postby jadewik » September 28th, 2007, 1:19 pm

What's your favourite holiday? ... and WHY?
What's your second favourite holiday? Why?

I don't know why, but I've always enjoyed Halloween. You get to dress up, eat lots of candy, and scare the socks off of people! Muahaha! I also like how it's a very "dark"... but misunderstood holiday. Not only that, but it's not bogged down by stringent traditions like other holidays. You can pretty much be as creative as you want with it.

I don't really have a second fave holiday that stands out... Christmas, maybe because I get to hang out with my family... but I'm kinda turned off by all the commercial hub-bub swirling around it... and all the PC that's popped up over the years. It's not a "christmas party" but a "holiday party" or "winter party".. I wish people didn't get so offended. =(
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby zipcat » September 28th, 2007, 3:01 pm

I've always loved Halloween because you get to dress up, have fun, eat candy, play spooky, and check out everyone else's costume. There's just something about spooky, candy, and dress up that makes it fun.

But I don't have a second favorite either.. they're all too family-like or surrounded with alcohol. I guess you could say my little sister's birthday, because we always set it as the day we were really sisters no matter what else was happening.
zipcat
Clan Member

Postby Joe » September 28th, 2007, 4:26 pm

I used to like christmas best when I was a kid. I think after my grandma died I really never liked it again though. In recent years I've started to like halloween more, but this last halloween sucked. I got in a huge fight with my now ex and ... I don't really know why I'm giving my life story. The point I was gonna make was, I don't really like most holidays because they mostly only have bad memories.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Guest » October 1st, 2007, 3:47 pm

thanksgiving because you eat turkey and drink beer then some left over turkey and more beer than watch football yup i love thanksgiving

second of all would have to be newyear because our whole family gets together and i gots a big family then we drink till its the new year and go out side to shoot off a couple hundred rounds yup sad no turkey though but then it would be just like thanksgiving minus the gun action lol
da pab

Postby TBeck » October 1st, 2007, 3:52 pm

i like thanksgiving because we celebrate it at the correct time in september
TBeck
DC Councillor

Postby James » October 1st, 2007, 4:45 pm

Christmas. I get to see my parents, my sister and my sister's fiancee.

On top of things, I get to have a cake and eat it, too! >.>
James
RP Councillor

Postby Curulan » October 2nd, 2007, 1:31 pm

My favorite holiday is Katie Stops Asking Questions That Require Conscious Thought Day. ;)
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby jadewik » October 2nd, 2007, 5:59 pm

Whee! Unconscious Thought Day!!

What was the last thing you thought about before that day, anyway?
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Return to Golden Griffon