New Experimental Theme

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Postby Curulan » August 4th, 2007, 11:24 pm

Getting back to that.. what program can I use? I need to be able to set transparency on a per-pixel basis (I have not yet been able to figure out how to use Paint.NET or GIMP for that) on both PNGs and GIFs -- especially animated GIFs.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby TBeck » August 5th, 2007, 12:39 am

photoshop (image ready for animated gifs) works well for transparancy...if u dont have a copy I could help with it if u want
not sure about the other programs like paint.net or gimp cause ive never used them
TBeck
DC Councillor

Postby Loth Emnati » October 3rd, 2007, 6:44 am

That's about the only thing I use GIMP for. Paint for cutting, pasting, adjusting and drawing schematic diagrams. Gimp for converting between formats, scaling and making the background transparent:

I am not comfortable with the layers in Gimp, but as I understand it, the problem is that you need a transparent layer underneath the layer you are drawing. When you erase, the transparent layer will show up instead of the white *nothing* layer.

Right click you image, choose layer, choose transparency, choose add alpha channel. Now go and delete all the white that you to be transparent
Loth Emnati

Previous

Return to Golden Griffon