Clan Merchandise?

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Postby Joe » May 13th, 2007, 12:37 am

well, I'm still adjusting to this new schedule, so it might be a minute, but it looks like I will have the time to do some paintings. my only problem right now that I just thought of is, I don't have a scanner right now. I think my siggy is the last painting I've scanned, and that was a couple years ago now it seems. anyway, I'll see what I can work up though, I'll sketch some things out and worry about scanning them when I get them done.
Joe
DC Councillor

Postby Phaeton » May 14th, 2007, 4:02 pm

Hey Tordek, you definitely need to be on the list....as for the girls, besides Princess Amy, the only other one I can think of that has done a lot in the past is Silk-n-Steel
Phaeton
Clan Member

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2007, 9:35 pm

If we are talking what people want and what people will actually buy, there's a big difference.
Obviously, most of the people buying stuff will be us, not random other people.
So, what do people want? As good as Gus' idea is, people probably don't want underwear. And most of the single person pin-ups will only get that person buying them. Seriously, is everyone going to buy two t-shirts of someone else? Maybe some people, but not most of us.

This means that what we want is more general merchandise rather than character specific stuff. The more we buy, the better the price. If you're only buying 5 for each one, then there's no real profit for the clan.

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2007, 9:36 pm

That was me, me being Carzal, Titan of the Mon-I mean Titan of... Forever?

Postby jadewik » May 14th, 2007, 10:25 pm

Anonymous wrote:The more we buy, the better the price. If you're only buying 5 for each one, then there's no real profit for the clan.

Eh, you set the price... base cost of the item + profit you want to make.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Carzal » May 15th, 2007, 1:43 pm

yeah, but presumably we don't have enormous supplies of free materials to make them, right? the t-shirts, making the pictures on the shirts... stuff like that.
And remember, there's also shipping.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby Phaeton » May 15th, 2007, 5:07 pm

I am not sure what kind of quantities you are looking to purchase, but I have a contact with Allen Lewis Mfg. They make all kind of customized froducts for VERY reasonable prices. They can use our art, or they have an in-house art dept that can make any design. Six Flags Inc uses them to make all of their lee expensive clothing and any kind of souvenir merchandise......mugs, plastic items, etc.... Basically, the larger the qty, the less it costs. There are minimum qty orderd for certain items. They are made in China and shipped to the buyer. An inexpensive T-shirt migh only cost a few dollars for example. FYI....if anyone is interested, I will put you in touch with my friend. They have their main offices in Denver, where they have a showroom of stuff to choose from, and they also have catalogs and sales reps. My friend is an ex roommate that is now a rep. Just let me know......later everyone
Phaeton
Clan Member

Postby Curulan » May 15th, 2007, 7:04 pm

Carz... there are sites like Cafepress that will make them for you for a small percentage of what you make.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby jadewik » May 15th, 2007, 9:39 pm

We're not looking to do anything bulk. I was considering a site like cafepress where they handle everything... they print it up, ship it, and take out the item's base cost + 20% of your profit, I think it said. All we do is upload the graphics and set items up in our "gallery". Huzzah!

I think the whole sales-rep and generating our own merchandise is not economical at this point with (as someone pointed out) such a small group to sell to. Perhaps if we increase in size and revenue starts to rake in, we can upgrade to that... but at this point, I don't see any of us as having time, money, or inclination to purchase items in advance. If we ever get to that point, though... Phaeton, we'll talk to you =)
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby Carzal » February 20th, 2008, 11:51 pm

Did this ever get considered again? And if not, any idea on how I would go about getting a single copy? I'm not looking for pinups and stuff like that; very few people who are not included would want something like that. I'm talking jus tthe griffin, maybe the name Titan emblazoned somewhere. Just in idea (hmm... maybe gus' underwear idea?).
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Previous

Return to Golden Griffon