CNN.com Space article about Titan

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

CNN.com Space article about Titan

Postby Curulan » November 9th, 2006, 7:18 pm

That's the Saturn moon, not the Clan, of course. ;)

For those who don't know much about it, Titan is the only moon in this solar system with a proto-atmosphere, similar to a planet.

Because it shares the name of our great Clan, I like to post articles about the moon when they show up. For those interested, you may find it here: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/11/07/titan.haze.reut/index.html
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Tordek » November 9th, 2006, 11:22 pm

Next week: Someone please post me a blurb on how astrophysicists wanted to make Star Trek real?
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby whatupa » November 10th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Tordek wrote:Next week: Someone please post me a blurb on how astrophysicists wanted to make Star Trek real?
:lol:
whatupa

Postby bow4lyf » November 10th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Star Trek = Shoots unproven scientific ideas that they find intresting and airs it on Global.

Do u think that in the future Titan might have life?
Image <---- Say "Hi" to Phillip! ^^
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Carzal » November 12th, 2006, 1:40 am

I can tell you this: in Medieval Empires, a prom game that Turock hosts, Titan didn't have life. On the third day two of our members got killed, and though I fought back and got two of them, I logged on the next day to find myself dead. and since I was the only one with any armies left, that sortof shot our entire strategy to hell.

CuruEdit: Which has absolutely nothing to do with the moon of Saturn. Read the section of our FAQ about thread hijacking, Carzal.
I used to have a whole bunch of titles, I think. That probably makes me better than you. Maybe.
Carzal
DC Councillor

Postby bow4lyf » November 12th, 2006, 4:13 pm

Carzal wrote:I can tell you this: in Medieval Empires, a prom game that Turock hosts, Titan didn't have life. On the third day two of our members got killed, and though I fought back and got two of them, I logged on the next day to find myself dead. and since I was the only one with any armies left, that sortof shot our entire strategy to hell.

Bow4lyf wrote: I like to write in quotes! Soooo... carz, wt is this we're talking about?
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Ominous » November 17th, 2006, 12:52 am

Yep. Astronomy. How fun!

I'm currently in an astronomy class (easy, yet fun), and we've been talking about the observational capabilities of humans. My conclusion: We have horrible sight. And funding. The only way we ever learn anything is by going places...and we need more money to go there, since rocket fuel is expensive.

My ultimate conclusion: Rent out the Lincoln Monument and use the monies to give to NASA to persuade them to work on doing things other than going to Mars and decommisioning the best telescope in all existence.
Ominous
Clan Ambassador

Postby bow4lyf » November 19th, 2006, 5:41 pm

bow4lyf wrote:
Carzal wrote:I can tell you this: in Medieval Empires, a prom game that Turock hosts, Titan didn't have life. On the third day two of our members got killed, and though I fought back and got two of them, I logged on the next day to find myself dead. and since I was the only one with any armies left, that sortof shot our entire strategy to hell.

Bow4lyf wrote: I like to write in quotes! Soooo... carz, wt is this we're talking about?

Bow4lyf wrote: I obviously wrote that before i read CuruEdit
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Return to Golden Griffon