REMINDER ABOUT SPAM POSTS

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

REMINDER ABOUT SPAM POSTS

Postby Curulan » November 4th, 2006, 12:19 pm

I would like to take this time to remind all of you about a useful function on our board: Reporting Posts.

We are fully aware that we sometimes receive posts with spam for poker sites or other websites. This come about from the fact that this is a reasonably active site (there is new content practically every day) combined with the fact that we are indexed by Google.

Because of this, we have had, since day one, a function of reporting posts directly to our Moderators. This is explained in our FAQ under the heading "I see a post that's inappropriate. What should I do about it?", but I will repeat it here.

If you see spam, simply click the ! on the right side of the subject bar for the post, write up a quick little summary of why the post is being reported, and the information will be sent to our moderators as an email, and an alert they will receive when logging in to the board. Do not draw attention to the spam by posting about it, and do not PM the Moderators about it. Filing a report gives the moderators a direct link to the post in question, and is much more useful to them than a vague Private Message.

To summarize:
  1. If you see spam, click the "Report Post" button on the top-right corner of the post.
  2. Do not respond to or post about the spam.
  3. Do not PM the Moderators about the spam, as they will see the report and respond to it.
Thank you.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Agustus » November 4th, 2006, 3:32 pm

err sorry to say but i doubt many read the faqs... i know they should but come now most men dont read instructions.... Image
just the book worm type
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby Tarathilien » November 4th, 2006, 3:34 pm

I resent that remark!!! Because...........I'm a book worm, lol. Ever put together a bicycle only to find a few parts that didn't fit which eventually found their way to the trash can? Yep, been there - done that :lol:
Tarathilien
Clan Member

Postby bow4lyf » November 4th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Or a car....
Image <---- Say "Hi" to Phillip! ^^
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Agustus » November 4th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Tarathilien wrote:I resent that remark!!! Because...........I'm a book worm, lol. Ever put together a bicycle only to find a few parts that didn't fit which eventually found their way to the trash can? Yep, been there - done that :lol:

lol yep been there same thing for a swing set i "helped" build.... i still wonder where those extra nuts and bolts belong :shock:
just so you know that was when i was 12 and the thing was trashed since the swing was broken... the seat broke in half due to standing and jumping on it but none the less it worked for 2 years (15 years old at that time now 18 lol)
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby bow4lyf » November 4th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Did you ever use the Handyman's best tool? AKA duct tape?
Image <---- Say "Hi" to Phillip! ^^
bow4lyf
Clan Member

Postby Agustus » November 4th, 2006, 3:43 pm

hehe
the duct tape bible lol
by then "we" considered it childish and never used it...

awe man i miss being a young squirt being stupid and stuff going to school and "hangin'" with friends in the playground playing tag lol
Agustus
Clan Member

Postby Tarathilien » November 4th, 2006, 3:50 pm

........and pushing the girls (or boys) off the the swings..
Tarathilien
Clan Member

Return to Golden Griffon