Dog the Bounty Hunter's in trouble....help!!!

Have a seat, have a drink, walk among friends, all of this can be done in the Golden Griffon, Titan's official tavern.

Dog the Bounty Hunter's in trouble....help!!!

Postby Tarathilien » September 20th, 2006, 9:23 pm

If you've been watching the news, you've undoubtedly heard about Duane "Dog" Chapman, his son, Leland, and his associate, Tim Chapman (no relation, lol) being arrested, basically, for going into Mexican territory and apprehending a rapist (80-something counts of it) and attempting to return to America against Mexican forces.

Instead of letting Mexican officials try to find the rapist (he'd been in hiding for a while), Dog decided to go to Mexico on a weak follow and track down Andrew Luster. By a stroke of luck, they found Luster at a tavern and put him in cuffs. The Mexican officials, however, were disgruntled that an American bounty hunter found an American criminal in Mexican territory :oops: and decided to put Dog and others behind bars while they sorted it all out (took 'em forever). Now Dog, Leland, and Tim are facing possible extradition to Mexico to face charges there (Mexican officials contend that they were responsible for find Luster and that Dog need not bother with the "investigation").

If you care at all, please post something encouraging with your DC/Titan name. I plan to send this (via link) to Dog's family.

Also, this is not a hate thread against Mexicans, Hispanics, or any Spanish-speaking or -descended people. I hope that this offends no one.

Note: Mods and Admins, if this is against policy or something else, please let me know and I will fix it. Thank you.
Legionairre
H - Spiked Helm [+26a+26d+70s]
B - Dragon Scale Jacket [+159d-15s]
F - Silver Sea Slippers [+1a+23d+199s]
R - Silver Amini Club [+138a+8d+507s]
L - Shuriken [+61a+18d+247s]
PM me with upgrades
Tarathilien
Clan Member

Postby RazielTheReaverOfSouls » September 20th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Eeeh, I haven't been watching the news actually... buuut, I'd say thats pretty stupid. I mean, yeah its technically their problem once he hit the border line, but somehow I doubt they were doing much about it... just sounds like a politcal victim of a government's power trip... best of luck to Dog and friends.

Ooh yeah, and I is RazielTheReaverOfSouls...

Free Will Is An Illusion
RazielTheReaverOfSouls
Clan Member

Postby Zuka Zamamee » September 20th, 2006, 9:32 pm

In my honest opinion, he got what he deserved. Before you ever travel to a country, you should always familiarize yourself with the laws of the place. It will make your life so much easier.

And I think you're missing the second part of this. They payed bail in order to get out of jail in promise to return to court on a set date. However, Dog and his guys didn't show up to court, so the Mexicans called the U.S. Marshals and told them about it. Shortly thereafter they were kicking down his door and placing them in handcuffs. They only got what they deserved.

First off, pay mind to a country's laws. Second, if you're going to pay bail money, be sure to go to court on the specified date. Otherwise, you're just as good as the other bail-jumpers you've been arresting.

My two cents.
My Signature

I am the freezing touch that takes life away,
I am the one whose soul is unclean.
A master of dreams, awakened to the night
I haunt the Astral and reap the mortal life

Through the moonlight's mist
I enter your soul
Which withers from purity I defile
I am the Darkness, the Night that lasts forever

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Tarathilien » September 20th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Legionairre
PM me with upgrades
Tarathilien
Clan Member

Postby sadgirl » September 20th, 2006, 10:04 pm

I have been watching and following these events, and I feel that what Dog and his team did was great. Being a mother of 2 daughters, I feel the streets are just a little bit safer. I really don't feel that they should be prosecuted, they only did what neither the Mexican nor American Government seemed willing too do. And I just want the entire Chapman family to know that I am behind them and I am praying for them.

Sad Girl
Titan
sadgirl
Clan Member

Postby BullMinotaur » September 20th, 2006, 10:21 pm

I strongly believe he did his time when they arrested him in Mexico. I feel he did the right thing. Just because you have lots of money does not mean you can do any thing and get away with it. I believe he did the right thing. It’s a misdemeanor in the first place now their trying to make a big deal out of nothing. That was all so wrong how they put him in prison with the wrong people instead of putting him in place where know one could hurt him in any way. I mean I do not like rats, but he always try’s to make it easier on the people he arrest and help them not do it again. He has a good heart. If I ever did some thing wrong I would rather him arrest me then some dirty cop that is going to do me wrong. What I love about him the most is he tries’s to get all the charges he can off them so they can have it easier and go on with life. That is all just sooooooooooooo wrong what they did and are doing to him.
Inside Every Man Beats the Heart of a Bull!!!Sig by Madstoller
BullMinotaur
Clan Member

Location: Tucumcari New Mexico. Yes New Mexico is in the USA.

Postby Tordek » September 20th, 2006, 11:40 pm

You guys watch WAY too much A&E.
Tordek
RP Councillor

Postby Zuka Zamamee » September 21st, 2006, 6:09 am

Agreed. I'm not even going to go into my speech about the influences of the media. First, that'd take to long. Second, it'd be off topic. So, just to save you guys the agony, I won't respond to this thread any more.

:p
My Signature

I enter your soul

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Tarathilien » September 21st, 2006, 9:58 am

To Tordek: A&E, TLC, Discovery Channel, and other enilghtening channels, are the only shows worth watching, in my humble opinion. The rest successfully succeed (?) in turning your brain to mush. Besides, this is a thread whose sole purpose is to encourage Dog's family through these hard times. Thanks all for your participation!
Legionairre
PM me with upgrades
Tarathilien
Clan Member

Postby Dune » September 21st, 2006, 5:49 pm

Too much news can turn your brain into mush as well.
Dune

Postby Cheshire » September 22nd, 2006, 1:14 am

Animal Planet aaaalllll the way!

w00t.

But on subject, i don't know the facts, but if what has been said thus far is true, Dog could have been more stealthy and gotten the guy outside the tavern and saved himself a lot of trouble. After all, if you can track a guy into a specfic tavern in mexico, i'm sure you could have waited a few more hours and nabbed him in a more discret location
*DC Name: Cheshire3 (send all mail & packages there)*

(Personal List Records)
Fame: #6 - 30k (2/22/09)
Skill: #4 - 23k (12/12/08)
Guild: #6 (2/15/10)
Cheshire
RP Councillor

Postby BullMinotaur » September 22nd, 2006, 1:34 am

He was tuned over to Mexico.... If he would have brought him to USA that would have been kidnaping. So he would have been in more trouble...
Inside Every Man Beats the Heart of a Bull!!!Sig by Madstoller
BullMinotaur
Clan Member

Location: Tucumcari New Mexico. Yes New Mexico is in the USA.

Postby Zuka Zamamee » September 22nd, 2006, 6:04 am

If I remember correctly, bounty hunters are immune to kidnapping charges.

;)
My Signature

I enter your soul

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee
Ham

Postby Curulan » September 22nd, 2006, 8:05 am

According to the information I saw, bounty hunting itself is illegal in Mexico. According to their laws, he may have had no right doing it in the first place.
Curulan
Clan Leader

Postby Zuka Zamamee » September 22nd, 2006, 5:29 pm

It is illegal in Mexico, which is why people usually flee there.

;)

And there are some other countries that its illegal in too, just can't think of them right off the bat of my head.

And here in America, bounty hunters are immune to kidnapping charges so long as its the suspect(s).
My Signature

I enter your soul

The Lich King
Lord of P'leik
Zuka Zamamee